What's the best tuning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the best tuning
Hi as it says what is the best way to tune a d turbo so got some fun power to play with and reliable to drive to work ever day my car is running standard as far as I know but want to tart it up abit engine wise with a gear box mounted turbo front mount ect but wat would be a sensible way to do all this so engine lasts abit anyone got any advise on what I can do so don't just jump in crank pump up and the turbo and blow it up in a week cheers

And having the timing belt changed before I start to be on safe side lol
Thanks given by:
you probably wont need to be bay mounting a turbo unless your putting a massive blower on, which would be a silly idea if your planning to keep it as reliable as possible and use it daily. read some peoples projects on here for different ideas, but one of the more common setups which has proven good results (upto 180ish bhp) is a td04 turbo (which fits in the oem place behind the engine) and hybrid fuel pump. fmic is always a good idea for an upgrade as it actually cools the charge unlike the standard topmount cooler.

Gearbox mounting a turbo also brings alot of new challenges like having to make a unique manifold and down pipe for your setup, which unless your shit hot at tube welding isnt going to be cheap
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yea ok mate cheers for that and wat would u call a hybrid pump wats that in relation to standard one

Yea ok i like the turbo idea saves the welding lol and goin to fmic it anyway cuz I like the look of them

Also am I wright in thinking the td04 is a Subaru turbo
Thanks given by:
hybrid fuel pump is usually gov modded to allow the engine to rev upto the redline without cutting out fuel, ground lda pin to increase on boost fuel and in a true hybrid pump you change the standard 9mm plunger for an 11mm out of a transit pump so you can inject more fuel per cycle without massively increasing internal pressures.

and yes the td04 is a turbo fitted to some subarus and some models of saab i believe
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Great stuff mate cheers Ill look into that thanks a lot
Thanks given by:
want any more info feel free to pm me Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Reliability is a myth haha, it might blow up it might not, but tuning will increase the chances. Pretty sure theres a massive thread on this somewhere :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: