yes, another what car thread!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yes, another what car thread!
(05-02-2013, 10:53 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 09:46 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: ive been waiting for your input liam, some nice ideas Smile

only problem with the 300zx is its an auto Sad

Thanks mate, I think I might be the eBay expert of this forum lol

As for the Datsun, I noticed it had a slushbox but I could live with that in a car with 2 turbos. 2 of 'em. Yep, 2.

My choice would be that Corrado though. Yes, I know people say they don't have enough power for a 2.9 and their wrong wheel drive but I've been saying for years that you have to look past how cars stack up on paper and just drive them, and I can't imagine anyone not being won over by a Corrado. The sound is just musical, the torque and wide power band means there's power at any revs which makes it feel far faster than it is, the turn-in is razor sharp with very little understeer and epic grip, the steering talks to you constantly, the ride is firm but somehow comfortable, the brakes are fantastic, they look pretty without looking girly, their incredibly tough...

It's a crime that the god-awful Calibra outsold them 5 times over Sad

the only vdub ive ever actually desired is the corrado vr6 even if it is made out of leftover golf parts they look bloody amazing, the only problem of getting a retro vw would be the scene that goes with it but i guess i could live with that haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2013, 10:57 PM)ozonehostile Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 10:53 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(05-02-2013, 09:46 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: ive been waiting for your input liam, some nice ideas Smile

only problem with the 300zx is its an auto Sad

Thanks mate, I think I might be the eBay expert of this forum lol

As for the Datsun, I noticed it had a slushbox but I could live with that in a car with 2 turbos. 2 of 'em. Yep, 2.

My choice would be that Corrado though. Yes, I know people say they don't have enough power for a 2.9 and their wrong wheel drive but I've been saying for years that you have to look past how cars stack up on paper and just drive them, and I can't imagine anyone not being won over by a Corrado. The sound is just musical, the torque and wide power band means there's power at any revs which makes it feel far faster than it is, the turn-in is razor sharp with very little understeer and epic grip, the steering talks to you constantly, the ride is firm but somehow comfortable, the brakes are fantastic, they look pretty without looking girly, their incredibly tough...

It's a crime that the god-awful Calibra outsold them 5 times over Sad

the only vdub ive ever actually desired is the corrado vr6 even if it is made out of leftover bum poker parts they look bloody amazing, the only problem of getting a retro vw would be the scene that goes with it but i guess i could live with that haha

It sounds like you appreciate cars like I do, for example not picking cars based on 0-60 times or how many Gs they can pull in corners, but how a car feels to drive on a real road, how a car is designed and engineered, so you'll know what I mean when I say a Corrado VR6 just feels perfect, everything is right even though like you say it is a parts bin special made of bits of mk2 Golf and B3 Passat....
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2013, 11:03 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: It sounds like you appreciate cars like I do, for example not picking cars based on 0-60 times or how many Gs they can pull in corners, but how a car feels to drive on a real road, how a car is designed and engineered, so you'll know what I mean when I say a Corrado VR6 just feels perfect, everything is right even though like you say it is a parts bin special made of bits of mk2 bum poker and B3 Passat....

yeah exactly, it would be easy to go with the masses and just buy an impreza or something similar, but i would much rather have something with character and the more unusual the better. i think the £2k budget is good as theres some awsome cars in that bracket, want something nice to drive every day but not something that will end up draining all the resources reserved for the 306
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Tell you what I'd have right now for a daily that's not too thirsty, sounds amazing, great to drive, comfy, practical, interesting, bullet proof and just different....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1991-AUDI-90-2...53f47a60fd

Looks and sounds like an absolute minter and I'll be surprised if it even makes £1500, I'd have that now if I had the cash/space...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
not really an audi fan (absolute pigs to work on, even standard maintenance as audi have a habit of using their own sets of tooling, unique torx shapes and funny size spanners etc) but still, that is quite a nice one, only one ive ever seen without rotten arches and sills
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
That corrado is bloody lovely. Massive want!

Always loved them.

That one looks clean for the highish mileage too!
Thanks given by:
well heres my new car choice solved for now at least. 03 plate laguna 1.9 dci 6 speed 120bhp. year mot, month of tax, new clutch, new wheel bearings all round, all new bushes, satnav and all the toys. needs head gasket doing urgently which should be done by the end of the week Smile not bad for the mighty fine price of a can of coke lmao and just a bonus that itl match the 306 color scheme sat on my drive
[Image: 31485_527342063953212_981169038_n_zps154749a4.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: