New Rules

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rules
Funny i just saw this thread.

I feel these new rules are alienating people like myself whom are low posters or newbies.

If you want this place to continue being prosperous drop the pm and posting in a for sale thread rule as i think it will create a divide.
Keep the rule about selling as that is a good idea, infact raise the fresh hold.

Think about it, how many of you lot bought a pug joined up here or another pug forum and needed to get parts straight away or thing broke down and need fixing within the first week?

Just a thought.
Thanks given by:
But this forum isn't about the selling, it's about the community with a selling feature. If you want quick access to stuff for sale then sign up with a facebook group.
Without trying to sound like a dick I think this place is pretty prosperous as it is, there's a strong community on here who are very willing to help out with one another and give real advice. So getting people to work a bit to show they're willing to get involved in the community isn't a bad thing, in fact getting people to go through the forum and respond to threads might benefit them with knowledge they would have otherwise not bothered reading
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
He made a fair point what he is saying is that it will discourage some new members coming and staying here I don't think he wasn't advocating turning the place into ebay.
The forum will remain prosperous with a strong community as long it can attract and retain new members don't you think?

I actually came to look at your car when you had it for sale wouldn't have been able to do that now. Nospeak
Thanks given by:
Gotta say I think there should be multiple ways to access the features like 100 posts OR at least 1 post per week for 2 months or member for more than 6/9/12 months OR authorised by an admin.
Thanks given by:
Simple overule feature should apply so "newbies" who actually arent that new and are genuine can make an appeal to the admin.

However...I really dont think this site growing is an issue...new members everyday to a FREE website used already by 100s reguarly and 1000s occasionally....its not going to die from a few simple and understandable and easy to abide by laws

Stop your moaning.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Quote:Stop your moaning.

Thats all very well but some of us need to get to 100 posts you know! Wink
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2014, 03:34 PM)Ican Wrote:
Quote:Stop your moaning.

Thats all very well but some of us need to get to 100 posts you know! Wink

Thats rich coming from Piggy anyway, he's the queen of moaning.
Thanks given by:
exactly....so if it were worth moaning about, I would! 100posts is nothing if you are a genuine new guy who wants to be part of the community.

And its Prince of Moaning, get it right DD. Yet to get the Queen crown off Tom!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nah, Toms more of an, erm, well its not quite moaning or whinging but I can't think of a word for it.
Anyway having met both of you you are definitely more of a queen than he is.

Actually you two would probably get on well.
Thanks given by:
Incessant, annoying whining probably covers it.

I'm also not sure Piggy and I would get on well....you cant put 2 perfectionists in the same room without pathetic arguments. lol
Thanks given by:
Each to there own i suppose.

Regards the facebook sale groups mentioned above, there are alot of time wasters (buying and selling). Fourums are still the best place to buy and sell parts and cars.
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2014, 06:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Incessant, annoying whining probably covers it.

I'm also not sure Piggy and I would get on well....you cant put 2 perfectionists in the same room without pathetic arguments. lol

Nah, your both the sort that wouldn't get into an argument and would be too polite to say anything.

You'd make a cute couple Smile
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2014, 06:53 PM)stuwee Wrote: Regards the facebook sale groups mentioned above, there are alot of time wasters (buying and selling).

exactly why theres the rules. There is a lot of time wasters that use free sites like this to sell crap and spam people with advertising and links to malware etc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Right guys let me just explain this as a lot of you seem to miss the point completely and think we are trying to alienate you.
That is not the case. The idea is that we are trying to help protect you. This is something we don't have to do but do because we want to help restore a bit of faith in the online selling community. Its quite common that people will sign up to a forum to sell something that doesn't exist so to con you out of your money then never show up on the forum again.
The forum is free to use and for anyone to use but thats on our terms. 100 posts is not a lot if you are getting involved in the community. It is however if you just want to sell something that doesn't exist. We will not introduce a paid membership system to allow a 'fast track' to have sale rights as we have always said this forum will be free and if someone wants to try and con you out of £400 for a diff for example, £5 for a membership is sod all.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Having seen the tight arses around here they don't want to pay more than £400 for a whole car so you would have to be some serious con artist to get that for a diff. Tongue

Granted the policy should help I still don't understand the purpose of restricting pm's and purchases though? And now that of thinking of it and also because I can't help mentioning it I did buy a set of cyclones of you last year. Hello Big Grin
Thanks given by:
The idea behind restricting PMs is that we have had it in the past where people have signed up and targeted people with PMs selling stuff which doesn't exist. For sale section is no access due to people also selling stuff in there which doesn't exist. The mods should pick up on that and delete them but we aren't about all the time!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
i can see why youve changed the rules...it is a bit irritating that i need parts and cant post on threads in the for sale section, or message someone that is advertising what i need (like i used to do).

Ill have to get my post count up and hope the parts are still available when i can get in touch, have been waiting over a month to find what i need though
Thanks given by:
I have been a member since 10/2012; so wondering if this applies to all members or only new?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
It does apply to all members, unless admin deem it relevant to remove the restrictions on individual accounts. I will put your account forward for consideration. However, you're not far off the 100 posts mark anyway, so it shouldn't take you long to bring your post count above the limit. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2014, 08:39 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: It does apply to all members, unless admin deem it relevant to remove the restrictions on individual accounts. I will put your account forward for consideration. However, you're not far off the 100 posts mark anyway, so it shouldn't take you long to bring your post count above the limit. Wink

Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't sure Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rules on selling a new contract phone? Redordead89 6 1,317 06-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Rules on JSA? rtha6551 3 1,317 22-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Last Post: silverzx
  CAT D Vehicle rules/paperwork? ginge191 23 5,909 03-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Last Post: procta