Phobias?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phobias?
Well you all know I'm scared of almost everything lol....so wondered what you guys feared, everyone's scared of something aren't they...?

Also be interesting to know if you've got over a phobia somehow?

Smile

Tom
Thanks given by:
Im just a bit of a general clean freak, cant stand bad hygiene.
Thanks given by:
Same with cleanliness, can't stand people who don't wash their hands after going to the toilet etc..
Thanks given by:
Spiders.
Thanks given by:
Not phobias as such but i hate not being in control and im a little scared of swans cos theyre nasty violent bastards
Thanks given by:
Snakes thats the only thing im actually 'scared' of.
And again the hygiene thing, theres no need for it.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
LOL how do you hygenists cope with me, not washing your hands "adds to the flavour" (although i do wash them alot at work)
Thanks given by:
I guess i dont particularly like snakes and i definitely dont like heights! I dont like being underwater as I almost drowned once.
Thanks given by:
Confined spacers, heights, and marriage.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Only afraid of two things, being trapped and fear itself.

By trapped I don't just mean physically - although that is part of it. So if I'm on the motorway and things grind to a halt, then I panic because I'm trapped and I can't get out of the situation that I'm in. But I also mean socially "trapped", by which I mean if I'm in a public place, say waiting in the queue at Tesco I start to get panicky because I'm "trapped" mainly because I know it's not socially acceptable to just leave my trolley load of shopping on the belt and just walk out. Sounds odd I know, but it's part of agoraphobia. Or if I'm having a conversation with someone I start to get panicky as well, for the same reasons - I can't just get up and walk off.

And by "fear itself" I simply mean that I panic that when I drive to/from work I might get stuck in traffic, so I'm simply worrying that I might start worrying later, real helpful eh?
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
heights
oh and swans... one of those bastards bit me when I was a kid
Thanks given by:
Heights. Have a real fear of heights even watching the diving or playing lego batman on the ps3 when you drop from the sky makes my stomach churn. Do get abit clostrophobic also if I don't know an easy escape from a tight or small place.

I do hate disorganisation also such as tools they all have to be in there right place and the same way round, all open ends facing the same way ect.
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
I'm not great with heights. I'll still fly in a plane or go to the top of a building, chairlifts, paragliding, etc. Doesn't mean that it doesn't scare the shit out of me though.
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 08:31 PM)Scott Wrote: I'm not great with heights. I'll still fly in a plane or go to the top of a building, chairlifts, paragliding, etc. Doesn't mean that it doesn't scare the shit out of me though.

yeh this. its less the problem of actually being high up but more the possibility that it would be possible to throw myself off if i chose to! I dont like having the choice haha
Thanks given by:
the csa
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
i genuinely struggle to find something that scares me. I love adrenaline, love pushing myself out of my comfort zone, and love not being in control (inb4giggety)

That said 40 black men with their penis in their hand walking towards me naked in a dark alleyway would scare the shit out of me...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Anything with the word: diet, healthy, gym, vegetables, fruit, exercise etc
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 09:13 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: the csa

They shouldn't scare you if you pay for your kids fella!

Iam with grant tbh I don't really know of anything that scares me, apart from something happening to one of my kids when Iam not there
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Spiders, needles and a certain religion which like cover their faces and hide bombs under there clothing :/
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 09:19 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Iam with grant tbh I don't really know of anything that scares me, apart from something happening to one of my kids when Iam not there

Yep. I literally could not be held responsible for my actions if one of my family or friends was hurt in malice.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Spiders and heights mainly. As Scott said, I'll still do things but it scares the hell out of me. He'll be the first to tell you I will get on a plane, and cry as soon as we take off or at the slightest bit of turbulence!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
scared when the wifes out with the VISA card

does that count?
Thanks given by:
I have a phobia of looking at my bank account unless its the 28th!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Dentists. Last time I was in one I got that worked up I passed out. Oh and woodlice weirdly..creepy little gits..
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Nothing

/UltimateMan
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 10:50 PM)Jake Wrote: Nothing

/UltimateMan

No jake your scared of me when I'm using power tools!
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Heights is my main one, got the major willys while watching the new batman film at Imax, near enough shit myself. I'm fine if I'm in an enclosed height tho, like planes or buildings, bit can't stand cliffs/bridges etc.

also don't like public bathrooms. Saw the film 'witness' when I was a kid and I think about it everytime I go in to public loos
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 10:55 PM)samass Wrote: Heights is my main one, got the major willys while watching the new batman film at Imax, near enough shit myself. I'm fine if I'm in an enclosed height tho, like planes or buildings, bit can't stand cliffs/bridges etc.

also don't like public bathrooms. Saw the film 'witness' when I was a kid and I think about it everytime I go in to public loos
"SAM!"
*pause*
"Did someone say my name?"
Thanks given by:
Heights, been wanting to find a massive diving board to conquer my fear for months

Being in a public toilet with people around me, unless its friends because I got jumped by 7 men when I was 15
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 11:02 PM)Scott Wrote:
(28-01-2013, 10:55 PM)samass Wrote: Heights is my main one, got the major willys while watching the new batman film at Imax, near enough shit myself. I'm fine if I'm in an enclosed height tho, like planes or buildings, bit can't stand cliffs/bridges etc.

"SAM!"
*pause*
"Did someone say my name?"

lmao Still makes me giggle that!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: