Phobias?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phobias?
Lol Chris, adds to the flavour? Hope you enjoy shit flavoured sandwhiches lol. Tongue

Apart from flavour though, I think the cleanliness thing is really more fear of the unknown, I wonder if people would be so worried if we could see germs. I mean I don't believe the soap bottle sometimes....kills all known bacteria....but still doesn't 'feel' clean until 2 or 3 more times....if I coukd see there were no germs it would be less of an issue I think.

(28-01-2013, 08:23 PM)burnmw Wrote: Only afraid of two things, being trapped and fear itself.

By trapped I don't just mean physically - although that is part of it. So if I'm on the motorway and things grind to a halt, then I panic because I'm trapped and I can't get out of the situation that I'm in. But I also mean socially "trapped", by which I mean if I'm in a public place, say waiting in the queue at Tesco I start to get panicky because I'm "trapped" mainly because I know it's not socially acceptable to just leave my trolley load of shopping on the belt and just walk out. Sounds odd I know, but it's part of agoraphobia. Or if I'm having a conversation with someone I start to get panicky as well, for the same reasons - I can't just get up and walk off.

And by "fear itself" I simply mean that I panic that when I drive to/from work I might get stuck in traffic, so I'm simply worrying that I might start worrying later, real helpful eh?

Makes perfect sense Martin, can definitely relate to both of those!

(28-01-2013, 08:30 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: Heights. Have a real fear of heights even watching the diving or playing lego batman on the ps3 when you drop from the sky makes my stomach churn. Do get abit clostrophobic also if I don't know an easy escape from a tight or small place.

I do hate disorganisation also such as tools they all have to be in there right place and the same way round, all open ends facing the same way ect.

Did you ever play assassins creed? That bit where the guy jumps off huge buildings into bails of straw had me shit scared every time! And its only a game! Confused Doh

(28-01-2013, 08:31 PM)Scott Wrote: I'm not great with heights. I'll still fly in a plane or go to the top of a building, chairlifts, paragliding, etc. Doesn't mean that it doesn't scare the shit out of me though.

This is kinda where is like to be, I know I'll never be fearless like jonny or grant lol, but I want to be able to do things, regardless of phobias surrounding them. At the moment I have many what I guess youd call 'serious' phobias at the point where I would honestly rather die than attempt to do the thing, just completely impossible currently. One of them is a medical phobia, I've probably said about it before, but I'm in constant fear that I'll need medical treatment, or even just a dental checkup or jab gives the same kinda thing. And then I'm scared that I'll never get over it, and what happens when the time comes when there's no choice in the matter. I've been thinking about it today rather than just panicking about it and I'd probably say that is my biggest fear tbh and one of the major things holding me back. I can deal with spiders or germs or trappedness in different ways, but this is one thing I can't get around. Basically in my mind its 'omfg its gonna happen one day, I can't cope with it, might as well just give up and die before the time comes so no point in planning for the future at all'. And I realise this is ridiculous, (almost) everyone is scared of something to a degree as this thread has shown (so thanks, woulda been gutted if it turned out you were all fearless lol) BUT you guys find ways round it, and still manage to do things you want/need so something to aim for there. Smile

(28-01-2013, 09:18 PM)sam Wrote: Anything with the word: diet, healthy, gym, vegetables, fruit, exercise etc

Haha, oh dear, not looking good for losing weight then! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I'm confused....
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
hmmmm for some reason after seeing alot on the news of all these freak shark migrations when ever i go away abroad on holiday now and they say there isnt any for thousands of miles around i still refuse to go out past where i can see in the water................ its a strange one i know but f*ck being a star in a home made jaws film
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 10:47 PM)Pete Wrote: Dentists. Last time I was in one I got that worked up I passed out. Oh and woodlice weirdly..creepy little gits..

That brings back memories. :/ Same happened to me in the dentist and haven't been able to go back since. I remember it was the same day that cully fell off his scooter....odd how memory works with bad situations but forgets good ones! Confused

(28-01-2013, 11:04 PM)Dicky Wrote: Heights, been wanting to find a massive diving board to conquer my fear for months

Being in a public toilet with people around me, unless its friends because I got jumped by 7 men when I was 15

I hate being with people in public toilets as well, can't 'go' because of it! Totally different reason from yours though.
Thanks given by:
What made me laugh the other day, the mrs bought one of those 'no touch' soap dispensers so you dont get germs off the soap bottle. What difference does it make if you're washing your hands?
Also what do you do before you touch the soap? Turn the tap on. What do you do after youve washed your hands? Turn the tap off!
So whatever germs were on your hands before you washed them are back on your hands when you turn the tap off again. Lol

(28-01-2013, 11:20 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(28-01-2013, 11:04 PM)Dicky Wrote: Heights, been wanting to find a massive diving board to conquer my fear for months

Being in a public toilet with people around me, unless its friends because I got jumped by 7 men when I was 15

I hate being with people in public toilets as well, can't 'go' because of it! Totally different reason from yours though.

Is it because you have a small willy? Lol
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 11:28 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: What made me laugh the other day, the mrs bought one of those 'no touch' soap dispensers so you dont get germs off the soap bottle. What difference does it make if you're washing your hands?
Also what do you do before you touch the soap? Turn the tap on. What do you do after youve washed your hands? Turn the tap off!
So whatever germs were on your hands before you washed them are back on your hands when you turn the tap off again. Lol

(28-01-2013, 11:20 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Is it because you have a small willy? Lol
Lmfao
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
I can tell you're not ocd...turn the tap off with your arm/elbow ffs! And yes I do that lol. I agree those non touch soap disoensers are pointless though!

And yes, I'm scared people will laugh at my small Willy. Tongue. I've always wondered if other guys do actually look though, id really hope not! Anyway, much better to lock yourself in a cubicle...but even that's not really private enough for me lol.
Thanks given by:
Im not scared of anything.

/ultimate man
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 11:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I can tell you're not ocd...turn the tap off with your arm/elbow ffs! And yes I do that lol. I agree those non touch soap disoensers are pointless though!

And yes, I'm scared people will laugh at my small Willy. Tongue. I've always wondered if other guys do actually look though, id really hope not! Anyway, much better to lock yourself in a cubicle...but even that's not really private enough for me lol.

Na im not that bad! Lol

Haha I thought so. :p

I know what you mean tho, I always feel very vulnerable with my cock in my hand. Always worried some dickhead will push me in the urinal or something and ending up covered in piss!

Worst experience of my life. I was having a piss in the pub when my ex's autistic uncle walks in and stands literally 3cm behind me and says in his deep mono tone voice "HELLO SIMON" f*ck me I nearly shit myself, pissed on my shoe and everything!
He then carried on talking to me while I was trying to get the flow back, he was that close I could feel his breath on my back!
Jesus christ it was terrifying!!!!!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Scared of food!

Yeah... You did actually read that correctly.
Thanks given by:
Heights and spiders. Heights is a bit of a weird one, as im totally fine in an plane, as I know im safe. But put me in a harness and tell me to go climbing or absailing and you can go f*ck yourself... Even though I know the harness won't break and I trust the person on the b line. Or if I see a height on tv my feet will go "funny" best way I can describe it lol and spiders, what more do I say? The hairy creepy little bastards! Hate finding them in the shower... Found one in there once and it was one of those big black ones... So I got the shower and attempted to flush it down the hole, but it was too big, so had to use the jet setting and block some of the holes with my fingers to make enough pressure to get it down! And then it still came back! Eurgh, little f*ckers
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't say I have a phobia as I don't really get scared of anything I can think off!

I really dislike flying though. Makes me sick and just don't like be confined for long lengths of time. Not looking forward to flying home from oz!

Also majorly dislike moths that fly into your face, and the massive f*ck off cockroaches they have here, they're rank!
Thanks given by:
Clowns, hospitals/doctors and looking into a mirror or out of a window in the dark.
Thanks given by:
Genuine fear of everything. I have an overactive imagination which means in everyday situations I make it into some sort of horror. Every bloody time
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Do you mean you're always expecting the worst of every situation and thinking of all the 'what if's all the time so much that you're worried/scared of what's gonna happen next?

That's pretty much what I do tbh, how do you put up with it?
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 08:00 AM)Matt Wrote: Genuine fear of everything. I have an overactive imagination which means in everyday situations I make it into some sort of horror. Every bloody time

Dude you need to lay off the tomatoes

I have a fear of being trapped. I dont like flying because once im up in the air, the only place i can go is that metal tube.
Used to be really claustrophobic as well but that doesnt really bother me anymore.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 08:00 AM)Matt Wrote: Genuine fear of everything. I have an overactive imagination which means in everyday situations I make it into some sort of horror. Every bloody time

Bingo! This is me too!
I have a over active imagniation! At night ill rush to lock my front door when I get in because you never know! Ill let the dog out at midnight close the door a bit but I can't look outside as you never know there could be a zombie waiting! Or even worse Samass :/
I always find the worse things that can happen when I was younger I was fearless but then I learnt most things I do it always ends up me getting the worst. Smile.
I don't let it bother me or stop me because I know ill enjoy it. But it's always there back of my mind.

There you go Tom. I'm a way I am kinda like you!
I don't like going doctors Becuase everytime I go I end up goin hospital!
I hate dentist as they never numb my mouth enough and ignore me when I say I'm in pain like they know what I'm feeling!!
If I see a car pulling up to end of the road as I'm driving past I panic a little in case they don't stop.

I also have a fear of hights I don't mind hights where I know I'm safe. But standing on a wall scares me as I know it will hurt!

Anyone that wants to conquer hights I recommend a trip to Blackpool.

This is a glass floor at the top of the tower!
380ft drop!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 09:35 AM)kentiiboii Wrote:

Bingo! This is me too!
I have a over active imagniation! At night ill rush to lock my front door when I get in because you never know! Ill let the dog out at midnight close the door a bit but I can't look outside as you never know there could be a zombie waiting! Or even worse Samass :/
I always find the worse things that can happen when I was younger I was fearless but then I learnt most things I do it always ends up me getting the worst. Smile.
I don't let it bother me or stop me because I know ill enjoy it. But it's always there back of my mind.

There you go Tom. I'm a way I am kinda like you!
I don't like going doctors Becuase everytime I go I end up goin hospital!
I hate dentist as they never numb my mouth enough and ignore me when I say I'm in pain like they know what I'm feeling!!
If I see a car pulling up to end of the road as I'm driving past I panic a little in case they don't stop.

I also have a fear of hights I don't mind hights where I know I'm safe. But standing on a wall scares me as I know it will hurt!

Exact same here mate

Get really worked up over daft things that i know shouldn't bother me and what people think of you

In the end just have to man up and get on with it lol
Thanks given by:
You don't have to worry about me Kent, you're far from anything remotely even close to my type
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
To be fair I was about to say I have a fear of samass lol kent beat me to it
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Things do always seem scarier at night don't they, not sure why, theres just as likely to be an axe weilding maniac burglar hiding by your door in the middle of the day! I do have a horrible recurring dream though where I get broken into through an unlocked door in my house in the dark......its a big black guy with a knife and I panic and cant breath but before anything actually happens I wake up a pool of what I hope is sweat..........wish my brain would just f*ck off at night, its those kind of dreams that put more fear into things!

Also, I've always been scared of heights and lifts (I mean what happens if a lift breaks...nope I'll take the stairs unless theres literally no choice!) however I did do the walk of 'faith' back in 2004 lol.

[Image: Blackpoolwalkoffaith.jpg]

Even went up to the open bit at the top...

[Image: Blackpoolfromthetower6.jpg]

[Image: Blackpoolfromthetower2.jpg]

However theres no f*cking way I'd be there today! And this is whats getting to me really, that I know I've always been a 'worrier', my parents and Nans are so it's not really a surprise, but I still used to do things with a good push up the arse. Then I kinda got old enough to say 'no' as it was easier to avoid things. But I've realised literally this week after some research and a very good book on the subject that avoidance is the thing that makes the fear stronger! I guess I knew this before as I was going to town every day becuase missing a day made the next day a lot worse (it'd been a week before yesterday, was almost impossible, was genuinely surprised how quick it happens now) but I never realised how bad it'd got until it was too late I guess.

I'm really hoping that the hightened phobias of pretty much everything are made worse by the constant anxiety I'm under at the moment......and 'hoping' that if I could move out and relax a bit and try and let my mind 'fix' itself a bit (you know, clean up the registery, fix bad secotors and defrag) that things would get easier again. I know i'll always worry about stuff, and as you say, the worst does usually happen to some people (you and I are obviously prone to this!) but I want to still be able to do things, even if I am scared of them.
Thanks given by:
I mean I fear a lot.
I do a lot of what ifs in my head, for example

Dentist. What if he slips with that drill and cuts my toungue open
Forests. Someone is watching me. Following me.
Life. I over think, make the worst of.
Work. Paranoid that no one likes me and our out me in trouble.

Litterally any awesome situation, my imagination will make the worst of it, and I'll either end up depressed/In fear/ an insomniac (insomnia is current stage I'm feeling)
Thanks given by:
I've never really spoke about it. Just kept it there.
Even at night when I go toilet I always turn light on and look down stairs. You never know I may find a robber with my mums tv in his hands dazzled by the light!

My worst phobia is.... Night mare on elm street! Don't allow that film in the house! My cousin made me watch it when I was 5 and hunted me for life!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, yeah I can definitely relate to that! And always more than one thing at once that just makes things impossible, using your dentist example - Im thinking what if I shit myself in the chair, what if I get a nervous boner, what if I gag as I have a terrible gag reflex, and what if that makes me sick, what if they find something wrong, what if they make things worse, how do I know they're not just lying and nothing needs doing, what if they won't stop when I ask them too, what will they think of me squirming about like a little girl, what will the people in the waiting room think of me acting like that, what will the sarcastic receptionist take the piss out of this time. Etc etc etc..... Argh! Dodgy

And you say about forests, I was walking through the woods last week in the snow and was getting further away from home on my own always thinking what if I fall, what if Im ill, what if something happens and I get so I cant get back (imagined my legs were just gonna fail or something), what if my phone breaks or has no signal and I need to ring someone in an emergency, then there was a deer crossed my path, what if it jumps at me or bites me, then a bird was scrabbling in a tree I had to walk past what if it flies out and packs my eyes, what if theres someone hiding in the bushes to mug/ra*e me, what if theres a dog off a lead that bites me...at one point, I genuinely thought 'what if I get struck my lightening', there was no storm or anything, where does the brain get these ideas from!? I was never an imaginitive kid, and even now I wont do anything 'imaginitive' with the car for example......so why can't it just leave off. Rolleyes

I also barely sleep so I know what thats like, probably an hour or two if I'm lucky, then I'll get woken up by some horrific nightmare and that'll be it for the night. Cos I'm always analysing everything as theres nothing else to do in bed (don't! Tongue ) but I analyse the day and everything that happened and what I've said to people or what I've wrote on here, or if I've upset/annoyed someone and then I worry about all the what ifs of the next day and maybe the more distant future and then it gets to morning and it's daylight and the fear hasnt stopped all night and is still there the next day.
Thanks given by:
f*ck me you lot are f*cked up ha ha, so I take it most of you wouldn't go walking in the woods late at night with a beer and a tomatoe?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I hate walking from my house to my car in the dark (although I can stilll do it atm)...infact I even hate driving the country lanes in the dark with all the doors locked...so walking the woods in dark, hell no! Confused

But also you'll probably stand in a load of dog shit if you can't see it lol.
Thanks given by:
You need to chill the f*ck out!
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 10:40 AM)Stephen Wrote: You need to chill the f*ck out!

I wish it was that easy!! lol
Thanks given by:
Tbh the insomnia side of things are slowly getting sorted. I met someone a couple of weeks back who is similar. We both talk about our experiences. Give each other advice and stuff. Like if I can't sleep she normally stays up with me to exhaust my Brain into giving up. Will talk on the phone when I smoke at night when everyone else is asleep so I can smoke and not feel paraniod.
Tbh shes such a good mate now, and the insomnia is easing off. I think all my problems in my head are just telling me to do one.
I don't usually sleep till at least 4am and then back up at 6.30 to get ready for work. But there has been a couple of nights where I have managed a two o'clock sleep. And it's down to this girl talking to me about my problems.

I've never really talked much about this too anyone, only one person I can think of. Haven't even told the misses:/ haha

(29-01-2013, 10:35 AM)Jonny b Wrote: f*ck me you lot are f*cked up ha ha, so I take it most of you wouldn't go walking in the woods late at night with a beer and a tomatoe?

I could, but I'd have to have a big ass dog and a baseball bat lol
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 10:35 AM)Jonny b Wrote: f*ck me you lot are f*cked up ha ha, so I take it most of you wouldn't go walking in the woods late at night with a beer and a tomatoe?

That is the lamest attempt of getting a dogging session going, that I have ever seen.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by: