Group N engine mounts- what are they like?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group N engine mounts- what are they like?
I'm planning on fitting a group N lower mount along with solid for bush (which is already fitted) with new upper mounts.
What are peoples experience with them on a daily basis?

Thanks
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Byebye teeth Wink
Thanks given by:
Not to bad on mine but then it's a petrol!! Wouldn't want one on a daily derv

Read above
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
To be fair, there not ideal on a derv if your daily driving it...I used to have just one (the lower one) uprated on mine, and the car literally did shake like a cuss, didnt bother me massively, but then i was driving it to work every day / sitting in traffic, in which case, it would have driven me insane!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I had the full set on a GTI and it rattled its tits off on idle. Got the top 2 fitted to the XUD but i have not driven it yet to try
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
I've got a Group N BBM lower bush which I plan on using with OE uppers. So not looking too good then Confused
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I've got the gearbox and top solid mount and its very rattly! Find it helps if I hold the throttle to about 950 rpm!!
Thanks given by:
Theyre nice on a GTi/XSi they really make the engine feel connected to the car so you dont have the issue of turning in then half a second later the engine jumping half an inch to the side and pulling you off line.

With a ballanced engine on a diesel theyer liveable with but I wouldnt want them on a standard engein unless you wind up the idle to about 1200rpm so its not shaking and knocking its tits off.
Thanks given by:
My engines have all been totally balanced, id still not use them on a daily.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 06:49 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: My engines have all been totally balanced, id still not use them on a daily.

pansy lol. I suppose a balanced XUD is still more harsh than a balanced HDi
Thanks given by:
Not at all, and if i was a pansy, I wouldnt have been running them.....thats not what max asked, he asked if people recommend them in a DAILY driver, of which I DONT, SOLID mounts offer no benifits over modified stock ones / slightly stiffer ones, and just make the car shake itself apart / so many rattles etcetc...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Nah you can feel the difference in the corners with the engine not moving about and trying to drag you off line etc. But yeah, i wouldnt recommend them in a daily XUD with a standard bottom end.
Thanks given by:
Good advice here but can I just say the one I'm planning to fit is a BBM uprated rubber type not a solid mount

http://www.bakerbm.com/306.php?data=engkitn306
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Id better add that they are really harsh when you first fit them but after about 3000 miles they are perfect.
Thanks given by:
hm iirc bbm are the ones ruan had, but may be wrong..

Either way, Im pretty sure he had to remove them.....because his car IS daily driven unlike mine...bear in mind his car is also stripped, straight piped and vnt'ed, IE like me, not someone who normally cares much, but its that bad....

And the 3000 miles thing really depends on what mounts, certainly not the case with alot!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
This one was from KrisB which was already bedded in. Plan is to just keep this lower one in and get new uppers. Can't see it being THAT bad but then again I've never had uprated mounts in a car plus the un-sprung paddle clutch will probably not help matters!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
One comment that is something to take account of is that if youre on the original ones then they will be worn. Even replacing them with standard ones youll apparently see the difference! The group N ones I have always heard are harsh especially on a diesel. I wouldnt bother on a daily!
Thanks given by:
A brand new stock mount, mounted 90 degree clockwise in the mount, is more than surfice for any level of power, and with a chocked top mount, allows virtually no engine movement...there is no way your going to notice the difference while cornering..im sorry but seriously....the only difference thats nice is the positive gear change etc, but even with what i just said, thats near as damn the same... just without the frustrating vibrations constantly going through the cabin!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Seriously, don't bother with GpN mounts on XUDs, they're horrific, I had them for 6k or so and got rid, they're just horrible if you spend any time in traffic, they don't tighten up the engine that much, a stock brand new mount set is way better, especially if you spin the lower mount 90*, they're perfect, lovely and tight but don't rattle your teeth out...

Balancing makes no difference whatsoever, its down to the sharp acceleration and deceleration of components due to the heavy compression they have...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
What do you recommend to go for? I've called Peugeot and they want about £96 for the upper mounts for my car :/ Are non gen ones any good?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I PERSONALLY would never bother with non genuine mounts, anything rubber and non genuine is a recipe for a failure... The STOCK mounts last over 150k miles quite happily at stock power, I bet you a shitty motorfactor one wouldn't last a quarter of that...

Genuine is expensive, but it's for a reason...

And I'm normally someone who unless forced to wouldn't pay over the odds for owt...

I'd PERSONALLY go to a scrappy, find a car with low miles and nick the mounts off it, I'd rather scrap spec genuine parts than shit motorfactor parts...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine mounts Danaidh 2 862 07-06-2015, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Danaidh
  solid engine mounts on a xud Teddy 4 1,267 08-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  ***WANTED*** 306 XUD engine mounts colin247 2 1,841 08-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Last Post: colin247