Rust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rust
Sad 
Just been replacing bits of trim which were missing from the estate I bought from Bengley (Birk's old car) and have discovered an alarming amount of rust around the seatbelt mounts in the back. I have just plastered in in hammerite as a temp solution but it WILL fail the next MOT like this.
Does anyone have the skill/knowledge in repairing something like this, obviously I would pay and be prepared to travel, just really concerned as my daughter sits in the back so need this done asap and don't really want to get raped by a body repair place.

I'll get a piccy up shortly

Cheers
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Sand the rust down back to metal. Put some rust eater on then paint Hammerite. Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There is f*ck all metal left! Just gaping holes! Phone being gay I'll get a pic up in a mo

As you can see most of the inner skin will need to be cut out and replaced

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
That doesn't look too good, seen others like that getting cut out and welded up which is the way I think I would go with it
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 01:57 PM)wil_Dtub Wrote: That doesn't look too good, seen others like that getting cut out and welded up which is the way I think I would go with it

Exactly but I just dont have the expertise or equipment to do it. Just could really do with someone who has done something similar before that would be prepared to do it for me.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Holy shit that's bad, I never even had that back panel off to notice it.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ouch that's worse than I thought :/.

You'll need it welding. Best bet if you don't know anywhere then go to a body shop.

Anyone know how water gets there to rot it?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 02:27 PM)Birk Wrote: Holy shit that's bad, I never even had that back panel off to notice it.

That wasn't a dig mate! Why would you notice unless you have a reason to remove the panels!

(28-01-2013, 02:29 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Ouch that's worse than I thought :/.

You'll need it welding. Best bet if you don't know anywhere then go to a body shop.

Its from the lack of the rear arch liners, water from the back wheels flicks up and rots away at he inner arch, I've seen it before on a 306, just not this bad. I may have to go to a body shop but its gona cost bloody hundreds thats why I thought I would post here first

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Shame your not more local to me I know a few good welders. Cheap.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
That's fairly bad that....

ill be breaking a 5 door shortly, I can check if there's any rot there, and if not, cut the panel out for you? Only need a semi competent welder to fix it in then
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Isnt your boot wet? Mines fecking soaked just from this small hole!

[Image: 306HoleyRearArch038.jpg]

Also an estate so no rear arch liner. I hope Peugeot are fitting liners all round to their cars these days! Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 10:26 AM)samass Wrote: That's fairly bad that....

ill be breaking a 5 door shortly, I can check if there's any rot there, and if not, cut the panel out for you? Only need a semi competent welder to fix it in then

If they are the same size that would be ace mate, cheers!

(29-01-2013, 10:54 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Isnt your boot wet? Mines fecking soaked just from this small hole!

Also an estate so no rear arch liner. I hope Peugeot are fitting liners all round to their cars these days! Rolleyes

No mate, the boot isnt wet at all, as I said I only noticed it as I was replacing panels. Are you sure the estate has no arch liner? I picked a pair up from the scrappy from a 5 door hatch yesterday, planning on bodging them in somehow!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Yep I'm sure, estates didn't come with the nsr liner, same as ph1/2. Don't think ph3 hatch ones are straight fit but might be.
Thanks given by:
Newer estates did, mine had liners on both sides on an 02 plate
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll let you all know how i get on at the w/e with putting the hatch ones on then as it will be a worth while mod.

Anyone know if the c pilars are the same on the hatch so I can have the one from samass

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Yeh I know the P2s didnt come with the NSR arch liner and my estate doesnt have one either and mine is rusted but not bad enough to make a hole like yours or toms! Definitely needs welding. If you get a quote be sure to post it as there are obviously a few of us needing the work done! Group buy? lol

also if the P3 hatch arch liner is a straight fit let me know!
Thanks given by:
Ditto on the arch liner matey
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
No probs I'll update the thread at the weekend with pics of any mods that need to be done, one way or another, they are going in!!!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Shit, I didn't have it long enough to notice that, crap! Hope it's not too expensive to fix :/
Car history (starting Jan 2012):

106 1.1 Zest2 (Scrapped)
206 1.1 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Totaled)
BMW 318i E46 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Engine failure)
306 HDi Estate (Sold)
306 Dturbo in black (Sold)
205 1.9 GTI (Sold)
Golf GT TDI
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2013, 07:44 PM)Bengley Wrote: Shit, I didn't have it long enough to notice that, crap! Hope it's not too expensive to fix :/

Not to worry bud, as I said up there ^ somewhere its not something you would notice unless you have a reason to remove the panels or in Tom's case getting a wet boot.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 06:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yep I'm sure, estates didn't come with the nsr liner, same as ph1/2. Don't think ph3 hatch ones are straight fit but might be.

Early ph1's have arch liners Wink
Thanks given by:
Just pm'd you londondan. Details of a lad in Wrexham should be able to help you :-)
Thanks given by:
I've just spotted a hole in mine I need to repair Sunday and I fear its worse than any pictures so far. Sad I'll take a few pics Sunday when I tackle it
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 02:34 PM)londondan86 Wrote:
(28-01-2013, 02:27 PM)Birk Wrote: Holy shit that's bad, I never even had that back panel off to notice it.

That wasn't a dig mate! Why would you notice unless you have a reason to remove the panels!

Its from the lack of the rear arch liners, water from the back wheels flicks up and rots away at he inner arch, I've seen it before on a 306, just not this bad. I may have to go to a body shop but its gona cost bloody hundreds thats why I thought I would post here first

Try body perfect in rhosddu or somewhere like that. They do crash repairs and stuff like welding new sills so they should have the equipment and skill to do it.

Or if you get a piece to weld in I know some welders in wrexham.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2014, 01:40 AM)Aaron _d95 Wrote:
(28-01-2013, 02:34 PM)londondan86 Wrote:

Try body perfect in rhosddu or somewhere like that. They do crash repairs and stuff like welding new sills so they should have the equipment and skill to do it.

Or if you get a piece to weld in I know some welders in wrexham.

Bit late I think, OP Was over a year ago lol
Thanks given by:
I know original post was a while back Smile i just had a search see if anyone else had rust there like me
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Yeah, loads.

Your sill under the b-pillar will be next Wink
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 07:01 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: Newer estates did, mine had liners on both sides on an 02 plate

My 02 didn't have a liner and I've just welded a plate in there about a month ago
Thanks given by:
You would do better cutting an entire inner arch out and welding it in. Thats a lot of rust!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Ok ive seen it today. Its bad! I need an inner arch asap!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rust conversion treatments / gel Mighty306 6 3,099 31-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Rust Treatment MY95 4 1,959 25-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Roof rust DM123 11 2,169 08-05-2016, 09:14 PM
Last Post: insomaniac45