Best/Easiest Way to Flushing a Radiator?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best/Easiest Way to Flushing a Radiator?
As above, how would everyone else flush their 306's radiator, need to do mine pretty soon as theres lots of crap at the bottom of it.
Thanks given by:
radiator or cooling system?

easyest way to flush the system would be to remove the top hose an flush with a hose pipe in both directions
maybe using a detergent if theres oil in the water
Thanks given by:
Its good to take the rad out as the bottom pipe points up...leaving sediment.
Then use some dishwasher tablets and hot water
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 08:54 PM)cully Wrote: radiator or cooling system?

easyest way to flush the system would be to remove the top hose an flush with a hose pipe in both directions
maybe using a detergent if theres oil in the water

Just the system, just had a remap from Mr Whippy and the engine coolant temperatures were quite high, he said there was loads of rubbish at the bottom of the radiator which was cold whereas the top of the radiator was quite hot as you'd expect
Thanks given by:
I left the top bleed valve undone and stuck a hose in the filler neck for around a hour or 2, That got most of the rubbish out and got the running temp down by 10 degrees
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2014, 09:26 PM)miles Wrote: I left the top bleed valve undone and stuck a hose in the filler neck for around a hour or 2, That got most of the rubbish out and got the running temp down by 10 degrees

Ah, thanks for sharing your experiences
Thanks given by:
What sort of temp were you getting? I've never seen a HDi hit 80c yet! Confused

Also, there should be a drain point at the bottom of your rad if its an original one, open that and pull it right out, can't imagine the sediment would bo too thick to pass through there and saves removing the rad.
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2014, 09:08 AM)Toms306 Wrote: What sort of temp were you getting? I've never seen a HDi hit 80c yet! Confused

Also, there should be a drain point at the bottom of your rad if its an original one, open that and pull it right out, can't imagine the sediment would bo too thick to pass through there and saves removing the rad.

It was over 80 quite a bit, would change from 83-86 at times quite a bit, lots of crap at the bottom of the radiator!

I will have to try that, thanks!
Thanks given by:
Remove rad, send Missis to the shop then proceed to put radiator in dish washer job done Wink
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(08-03-2014, 10:29 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: Remove rad, send Missis to the shop then proceed to put radiator in dish washer job done Wink

Haha sounds like a plan! Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Easiest way to get speaker wires into the doors? JTaylor2005 6 1,940 30-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  easiest way to change fog bulb? rd070707 9 1,949 07-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Last Post: rd070707