td not starting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
td not starting
Just about to go see a mates dt
Hes running a bosch pump which drom what ive heard has a transit head ground lda not sure on gov mod but probably does

The trouble he has had thatvhe cant get it started but when he does it doesnt stay on for long and cuts out straight away
Now he thinks the fuel pump is gone but any other ideas how to diagnose it?
Im just about to go look so ask questions ill see if i can see anything obvious
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My Clio did that when it did start would cut out turned out to be one of the leads but obviously that was petrol like ive said im no good with engines might be worth checking leads glow plugs etc
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
glow plugs probably wouldnt seize the engine from running - unless you're in -30C?!
besides a fecked pump (Dan! could guide you on troubleshooting the bosch), i would assume a blockage somewhere along the line. Either a severe air block, fuel block, exhaust block?
fuel filter could be worth a check? clean the intake system and intercooler system?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
you right mate like i said im useless at modernish engines give me a 1.3CVH engine anytime could repair those things with a hammer

Thanks given by:
Hitchos Wrote:you right mate like i said im useless at modernish engines give me a 1.3CVH engine anytime could repair those things with a hammer

to be honest mate, a lot of the dturbos are all mechanically driven and are not THAT modern. would recommend getting your noggin stuck into them, you'll be surprised how 'simple' they can be..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
nah ill probs break it lol

Thanks given by:
blocked fuel filter maybe or a air leak try pumping bthe hand primer whilst cranking over to see if it runs then could even be the oneway valve in the primer gone? check stop solenoid wiring is good to had a loose connection on one a while ago.
Thanks given by:
Non of that they've all been checked.. Once it's running it's sounds like it misfire and Knocks like a motherf***er
[Image: blazejpg1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah really knocks bad. Almost sounds as if the one of the valves hitting the piston its a hell of a knock
All 4 injects are working
Thanks given by:
i know enough mind you to know that a knock is never a good thing i hope its not terminal

Thanks given by:
cam belt jumped a tooth or 2 then re check the timings spot on.
Thanks given by:
First try moving the pump on its bracket then check timing as well
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
No movement on the pump.
Just got to the fuel pump and cam pulley they line up. Gunna have a crack at the crank pulley tomorrow see if it lines up.
Will get a video up when i get home
Thanks given by:
Fingers crossed its nothing massive

Thanks given by:
Check the flywheel lines up as well, means f*ck all if just the fuel pump and cam lines up...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
okey dokey. Starter motor out and allen key in there?
Thanks given by:
Conner what will be on the flywheel?
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:okey dokey. Starter motor out and allen key in there?

^spot on!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
londondan86 Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:okey dokey. Starter motor out and allen key in there?

^spot on!

Dan just talk thru what to do to re time my engine I don't wanna go by dribs n draps and muck it up. Please lol
Thanks given by:
No worries bud, we've all got to start somewhere!!!

1. Disconnect battery
2. Cam belt cover off
3. Starter motor off
4. Behind where the starter was is a small hole for locking the flywheel. Get a friend to turn the engine over by hand, either by putting a bar onto the crank pulley bolt or jacking up one side, stick it in 5th and turn the front wheel. At the same time get an allen key and push it through the hole and maintain pressure untill it locks in.
5. Lock the Cam pulley with an M8 (i think) bolt - Top mount IC bolts work perfectly
6. Lock the pump with 2 M8 bolts.

If everything all lines up as described your engine is timed up perfectly. If something doesn't line up then we can go through taking off the belt and re timing.

Post back results.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
You can leave starter in if you get an old paint roller, take the brush etc off and bend it at a right angle with the end about 4-5 inches long if you get me
Thanks given by:
Seb_Ryan Wrote:You can leave starter in if you get an old paint roller, take the brush etc off and bend it at a right angle with the end about 4-5 inches long if you get me

I know but if this is the first time he is doing it it helps to see the hole (no pun intended lol)

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Lol is ther hair around the hole???? I'm just about to start on her so il let u no what I find
Thanks given by:
If you do it with the paint roller you can see the hole if you put your head by the fuel pump and look behind starter lol
Thanks given by:
It's ok iv got the starter of now trying to turn and insert at the same time lol
Thanks given by:
Right flywheel locked pump lines up and cam lines up got bolts in them both.. Is ther a mark on the crank pully?
Thanks given by:
http://static.photobucket.com/player.sw ... 164045.mp4

Doesnt run well at all :-(
Thanks given by:
Have you got both bolts in pump pulley?
Thanks given by:
yup it all lines up.. just ad sumthing from mr lobb to try so gonna do that then il post back
Thanks given by:
Right I'm now 98% sure it's the pump because you can leave the engine running and remove the first 2 injector pipes and she will still run with no drop in engine tone plus I can dribble faster than what the pump is pushing out on 1 n 2. Will have to get a new pump and give it ago
Thanks given by: