Any Car Thiefs About....?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Car Thiefs About....?
Hi guys,

Basically, my Grandads locked his keys in the boot (well we can't find them anywhere else so guessing thats where they are, along with a bag of potataoes) and just wondering if theres any way we could get in!?

The car is a '58 plate Hyundai i10.

Can't seem to lift the window seals at all, or bend the top of the door enough to get a coat hangar in, due to the design of the doors.

Anyway, Grandads just phoned a locksmith to come and open it (at £125!!) so if theres any way of getting in I'd like to know before he goes and has the lock smith! Apparently, this guy will take the door off somehow? Im guessing wheel off and liner out but wouldn't know where to go from there anyway.

So yeah, anyone know how to get in lol?

Tom
Thanks given by:
Smash a window?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Smash a window?

Nan won't let me, was my first idea lol! :nope: But as the rear quarters are toughened I'm assuming that wouldn't be cheap to replace anyway!

On another note, these new cars are too damn safe!! If it was a 306 I'd have been inside in a few minutes! lmao
Thanks given by:
I couldnt get in my 9-3 when I locked my keys in the boot (1999)

RAC man couldnt either.
Thanks given by:
cpikey316_ Wrote:I couldnt get in my 9-3 when I locked my keys in the boot (1999)

RAC man couldnt either.

Unfortuanetly, Grandad doesnt have homestart so cant even get it recovered lol. So unless the locksmith gets in, it'll have to be recovered to hyundai, by hyundai....and I cant even imagine the cost of that!! But they also cant sort a key for at least 5 days! I thought they could make one from his chassis number (without immob chip) just to unlock the door....but apparently even that'd take 5 days!
Thanks given by:
could you not smash the lock out? <<

did it with an old pug, then replace the mechanism - screwdriver into the lock, big hammer...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYUNDAI-i10-2 ... 3cb9372e54
spare one here, saving yourself £60+

i know for the pug this works as the boot lock clips straight into the main chassis - hyundai may have extra locks along the bottom??
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
No spare keys?

Check the insurannce policy, he might have key cover but if not check the excess on glass replacement as its likely to be £125

Also

You have PM as im not posting methods on here
Thanks given by:
best bet would be to put a blowup bag into the corner of the door and bend the door open, then get a long rod to pull the handle, the problem being you wil need the lockout tool kit to do it, and if your deadlocked you might aswell just smash the window now, also just so you know rear windows are normaly more expensive then fronts so ring up and quote them all before doing it.
Thanks given by:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting- ... ost1195847
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:No spare keys?

Check the insurannce policy, he might have key cover but if not check the excess on glass replacement as its likely to be £125

Also

You have PM as im not posting methods on here

This IS the spare, he lost the other one last year! Doh

And nope, no key cover....and glass excess is £130!! :o So I'd have just replaced it from scrappy.

Thanks for the PM, already tried most stuff you suggested and turns out I was right afterall.....wheel off, liner off and then you can get to the other bits...........but he's called the locksmith now anyway! :roll:
Thanks given by:
My windscreen cover, covers any glass apart from sunroof and the excess is £70, I know what Id do...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:My windscreen cover, covers any glass apart from sunroof and the excess is £70, I know what Id do...

Didn't youread the above post?? His excess for glass is £130!!
Thanks given by:
Well your spending £125 for a locksmith to "maybe" get in...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Well your spending £125 for a locksmith to "maybe" get in...

I'm not!! And the locksmith certainly wouldn't have been my choice. I'd have had the door off. Wink

But it doesn't matter now as its out of my hands......
Thanks given by:
So whats the verdict? He going for a locksmith?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What's the address? ninja
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah he called the locksmith.....but apparently he hasn't turned up afterall! So not sure what's happening now....

And Matthew....its an i10, noone would want to steal that! Rofl
Thanks given by:
...again, what's the address? ninja ninja ninja
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
356 wherstead road, Ipswich.

Tongue
Thanks given by:
just put the front passenger window through, then it will be easy to replace the glass from the scrapper's.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Jonny81191 Wrote:just put the front passenger window through, then it will be easy to replace the glass from the scrapper's.

Sorry how many i10s are in your local scrappers cos there is none in mine?
Thanks given by:
lmao Fair point mate, I didn't look properly at what car it was Doh

Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:
Jonny81191 Wrote:just put the front passenger window through, then it will be easy to replace the glass from the scrapper's.

They're all driven by old people, must be plenty crashed in scrappies! lol
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:

A flat tyre would write one off so quite a few probably!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hey dont dis Hyundai i learnt to drive in one of those lol
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I learnt to drive in a 1.7 NAD astravan. Doesn't make it a good car!!

Thanks given by:
your right mate it was a terrible car looking back the indicators and wiper stalks were the other way around!!!

Thanks given by:
Hitchos Wrote:your right mate it was a terrible car looking back the indicators and wiper stalks were the other way around!!!

Think most jap cars are like that. Old girls l200 was like that (I also spent a bit of time learning to drive in that as well lol)
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
lol was a bit confusing drving my own car for the first time ill admit i did try to indicate with the wipers lol arnt hyundai are korean?

Thanks given by:
Actually I think they might be. Obviously a eastern thing lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: