Door loom despiration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door loom despiration
My drivers door loom has broken how the hell can I repair it its broken off right on the plug at the door
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
How did you break that o.O?
Thanks given by:
It's just the way that they have broken in the flex sleeve between the door and the pillar
Thanks given by:
does anyone know if the plug comes apart and i can put fresh cables into the ones that are broken
Thanks given by:
Are the word inside the door the same colour as the ones in the car ???
Thanks given by:
if your good at soldering, get a plug from the scrappy cut off with a decent length of wire still attached then replace your damaged wires with a new plug and wires. join the wires as far away from the plug as you can in a place thats less likely to get damaged again
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Are the looms the same colour and pin etc on all 306's
Thanks given by:
Either get a new / used loom and solder it in ( you can buy kits from peugeot with conncetor and tails) or if u want to be tight justdrill the door and solder a cable in manually.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
@willo - I think there different colours on some different ones, seem to remember that from when I was doing my drivers side, and there's all sorts of different configurations depending what electric windows or alarms or wotever you have afaik

@darren - can you buy new ones anywhere. I remember years ago seeing new ones on ebay but cant find them at all now
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Thought about just replacing the multi plug with a grommet and DIY loom but can't find any decent easy to follow loom guides my uncles hand with the electrics just need to match the multi plug wires to the ones in the door and dunno how to work out which is which
Thanks given by:
i did both of my front looms best bet is to take them to pieces and take a trip to the scrapyard and get a plug that matches yours then solder the wires one by one dont do the stupid mistake i did and cut all the wires at once Doh!
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ill go scrappy when I get chance but I may make my own loom up in place of it tbh
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2013, 07:58 PM)Harky Wrote: @darren - can you buy new ones anywhere. I remember years ago seeing new ones on ebay but cant find them at all now

Peugeot sell them as kits, the plug with 30 cm wire tails on the ends...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2013, 08:00 PM)Willo Wrote: Thought about just replacing the multi plug with a grommet and DIY loom but can't find any decent easy to follow loom guides my uncles hand with the electrics just need to match the multi plug wires to the ones in the door and dunno how to work out which is which

im sure i posted pin out drawings on this site!

[Image: ic70osfdoorplug.jpg]

[Image: ic71nsfdoorplug.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice one mate is that the bit in the door itself or the bit comin from the car to the door ?
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 09:26 AM)Willo Wrote: Nice one mate is that the bit in the door itself or the bit comin from the car to the door ?

its the door back to the plug
Thanks given by:
That's great thanks mate now I just gotta work out the wires in the bit from the a pilar where they have split and I can get on with this
Thanks given by:
do the pin numbers match up plug to plug ie if i take pin 2 from the door does it match pin 2 in the a pillar wiring etc etc
Thanks given by:
There should be numbers on the wires that you can match up wire for wire a few of mine were different but IIRC most of them were right
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cool thanks mate ill check when weather is better and get it sorted out
Thanks given by:
Can you not trim down the connector a bit to get enough length to be able to solder the wires? Is what I did with mine has been fine since, just sealed it up good with precision electrical tape
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
I could certainly try that never thought of that what did you use to trim it down
Thanks given by:
a knife Smile

to be more precise a stanley knife.

took the door off trimmed it back soldered them all back together and individualy wrapped each wire, then taped them up, way easier than trying to replace the whole thing, the wires will never match up!
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Ill look at that some have broken off at the plug but maybe able to trim it low enough to solder another bit of wire to what's left
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Door Loom Swapped - Central Locking Fault! partybish 8 3,026 29-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Last Post: paulgtt
  drivers door loom wires pug306driver 3 1,501 27-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Last Post: BiG K
  driver side door loom callumh121 2 1,554 20-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Last Post: callumh121