replaicment engine value

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
replaicment engine value
Hi just a curiosity post more than anything the xud threw a leg out o bed as we say over here was ringing about all the breakers today and the cheapest I could get was 200 for a bare block I thought that was a bit steep a mate had a 405 td that got rear ended he gave me the whole engine gearbox the lot has a bosch pump toSmile for 190 think that was excellent value.

So what do you fellow pug owners reckon the going rate is for an xud engine with an with and without out the auxiliaries?
Thanks given by:
I payed £150 for a complete engine with bosch, minus gearbox. You can get complete engines for sub £100 if you're lucky.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Yeah that sounds about right the good thing about getting a complete engine is you have a few spares atleast plus the engine I got has 100k less miles .

I think 285k miles isn't bad for the life of a tuned engine.
Thanks given by:
Look out for a breaking thread and you may be in for a bargain or something
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I recently got a full 97k engine with a Bosch, T2, reconditioned starter, brand new Bosch alternator, new glow plugs, all ancillaries and half decent clutch for £100 on eBay.
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2013, 10:54 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: I recently got a full 97k engine with a Bosch, T2, reconditioned starter, brand new Bosch alternator, new glow plugs, all ancillaries and half decent clutch for £100 on eBay.

Lucky fecker lol unfort my donar has kkk but the shaft has little to no play so should be good for a few k miles.

@4waydiablo. That's a good idea although I'm from northern ireland and I'd say 90% of the folks on here are from mainland uk so the posts poping up for ni are few and far between.
Thanks given by:
**** THE GRAMMAR POLICE IS HERE WheeeoooooweeeeoooooWeeeeoooooWeeeeooooo: replaicment is spelled like replacement ****

You should be able to pick them up for cheaper than £200 mate Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Lol I liked that 1 I'll give it to you. Smile

Like I said earlier here in ni diesels are next to sliced bread so we would pay slightly more than mainland uk I'd say unless your really lucky
Thanks given by:
I got full engine n box for £120, from local breakers, 120k n fsh with car, little to no shaft play, k14 n lucas, prefer the k14 myself, n have a bosch to go on

From ni aswell, plenty engines over here just findin a good ones hard
Thanks given by:
aye true mate lucky the engine i got was out of a 405 that some farmer crashed at christmas has a bosch pump with seals intact not for longSmile.

yeah dt's are so popular over here and almost all of them have been tuned so your never sure if your getting a good one or not.
Thanks given by:
aye, mines outa a zx some old man drove for the last 5 years, well serviced n nvr above 50

where bouts in ireland you from lad?
Thanks given by:
i live just outside dungiven a we bit near claudy what about yourself?
Thanks given by: