The Nanstone - 2.0 16v CR - GTB2056VLK build
He is totally f*cked without us!

And cheers for the help with my nad lads
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
congrats Ruan on getting the 6 "fixed" as they say Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0105.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0106.jpg]

Slight update here...

Win blower... GTB2056VL(K) - Watercooled 3rd Gen VNT, but with quite a high inducer to exducer ratio, which means it's good for high pressure ratios. Win!

If anyone can notice the SERIOUS problem with that turbo, I'll be impressed, some of you will know already about it, but it's solvable...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Jesus that took its time. like over a month?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thought you wanted a 22?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
I know the problem! Lao, manage to get a refund or anything off the guy? f*cking took ages!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Is it the fact it's all one unit inc the mani? Nothing a bit of bodgery can't sort out though.

So whats so special about this one compared to a previous gen? I thought you where going '22 anyway?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
This thing moves air better than a GT22, with less exhaust mani pressure and less heat - GTB and GT series cannot be compared really, GTB is to GT what GT series is to T series...

I was originally going GT22, and I've still got a GT22 I'll be getting anyway and keep it as a spare, but this was just too good-a bargain to miss!

End of the day, on a 1.9 8v TDi it'll make 270hp, spool at 2300rpm and keep the EMP below boost+1bar... And as previously said, it's got a high ratio of inducer to exducer, which makes it great for high pressure, it produces 27lbs of boost in it's stock application! 34psi of boost with the sort of VE that an XUD works at SHOULD equal 240-250hp, naturally I won't make anything like that because of the inneffciencies of IDI, but it's nice that the theory is there - if I ever decide to go TDi at least I know it's a great turbo for that...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Awesome that it's finally arrived, didn't half take its time though!
Thanks given by:
GTB2056 ftmfw, an epic turbo

Had a brief look at them, but were out of my price range, good work on picking up a bargain Big Grin

mani should be interesting...
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know right, it literally turned up yesterday!

And yeah, GTB2056s are awesome turbos really, don't command the price premium of the GTB2260s but are nigh on as good for a stock 8v engine, unless you've got serious headwork done, you aren't going to take advantage of the ultra-modern 60mm compressor without sending it into surge... The GTB2056s make roughly the same power on stock engines as the 2260s do...

Could be interesting trying to fit it with that manifold, grinder and welder FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Youll probably notice it gives much better low down torque like your 2052 also, due to its smaller framesize compared to the likes of my turbo, requiring much less torque on shaft to spin the comp, and obviously much more efficient too ... get the f*ck over to mine and lets get this badboy fitted!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^ Tell me about it... Can't wait!

Clutch melty time D:
Thanks given by:
Badass.

fk clutches.. Weld her up! Inlove
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
sounds like the engine is going to take off and leave the chassis work behind....
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2013, 10:34 PM)n0v0s Wrote: Badass.

fk clutches.. Weld her up! Inlove

ROFL,

Just man up, weld the clutch to fly, bang her in, and BOSS it through traffic lights!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Out of interest, what boost are you running through the GT17?
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Good question.

Errr....

Never put the gauge on, I'm not sure I want to know!!!!
Thanks given by:
lol
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
So a wee bit of an update I guess?

I'm crap at keeping this sorta stuff up to date... But basically after introducing my car to a kerb, I thought I'd finally better get a new set of wishbones on, even though I couldn't see any damage, I had a split balljoint boot, so went about it and did them anyway...

[Image: 2013+-+4]

[Image: 2013+-+3]

Notice Darren having lots of fun with a 1989 moped LOL!
[Image: 2013+-+5]

So when I hit that kerb, maybe I did more damage than I originally anticipated - that bend in the P bush is from where the wishbone got shoved back SO hard it bent it!! Proves that OE wishbones are unbelievably strong, the force to have done that is unreal!!!

I'm amazed it didn't snap that clean off the car...

[Image: 2013+-+1]

However, drives mucho better now, it's like new again, just needs a spot of alignment, wheels balancing again (fooking cyclones) and it'll be right as rain.

And a new engine and bigger turbo... But that's for another update.
Thanks given by:
Any updates ru....

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 07:52 PM)Arron Wrote: Any updates ru....

Yeah its not his car lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah it is, it's only loaned Wink

Waiting for it back, got a new engine to go in - an 8v HDi - But I've got to have some shiny bits made first to make things fit and work - just a case of time and money now, I'm so busy with work I've not even had 2 seconds to remotely look at the car or engine.

Looks like I'm possibly in Middlesbrough for the next two weeks, so that's written off any possible time spent on the car.
Thanks given by:
Excellent, so you'll have time to write a proper update. lol Tongue
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Eh so is this going mtdi?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Nope, keeping with edc15 - would like to go commonrail, end of the day, it's a better technology, just usually it's badly implemented and successfully makes for very boring engines, but the theory behind it gives you such better flexibility in power delivery that it's got to be worth the added complication...

Its just whether I can persuade the ecu to do what I want... If I can't make edc15 do what I want it to, then I'll have to have a rethink, but I need to be certain about what I can and can't do with it before I spend large amounts on shinybits...
Thanks given by:
Just install a laptop instead of an ECU Ruan...be soo much easier 😀
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Haha tell me about it, wish it was that bloody simple!!
Thanks given by:
So - been a good year now since it sorta went off the road, new job, moving house twice, using the Volvo more etc.

Finally decided to put it back on the road, needs use, only so much Volvo loving one man can have... First thing is to get an MOT on it, now it had a load of new parts shortly before it went off the road - new wishbones, TREs, tyres, shockers, refurb beam etc.

After the "altercation" with the bus quite a while back now, the interior has needed fixing as the side airbag went off - there's some pics somewhere of that I'll put in here.

So got a replacement "leafy" interior from a breaking P3 XSi.

[Image: DSC_0966.JPG]
Doing the under seat wiring - decided to sack off the original connectors now to save any problems in the future. Massive ballache though, did all the connections again, airbag light still isn't off - we're thinking that the sensor modules down on the sills on P3s with Side Airbags are also requiring replacement - would make sense, so need a pair of those to go in also. Replaced the main Airbag ECU also with the one from the XSi, hopefully this should stop the light and re-activate it! Hopefully borrowing a PP2k so I can plug in and read the ECU, should at least tell me which leads it's having an issue with.

[Image: DSC_0968.JPG]
Gotta love Manstone - been sat for 4 months, still looks clean Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0967.JPG]
Reminds me every time how horrible that pin dent is on the rear - one of those jobs that needs sorting some day.

Video when it uploads of the cold start after ~2 months - XUD reliability right there!

And some reminiscing of the older one back in the day - hopefully once there's MOT I'll have the motivation to finally get my GTB that I've had sat round for a year

Thanks given by:
Cant wait to see this going again Smile
Thanks given by: