Stage 2 HDi Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stage 2 HDi Project
Thanks everyone for the feedback, sorry for no recent updates, havnt had a chance to get the car mapped yet, and thats really the next step for updates, the car reeks ALOT and pows very loudly as it is, going tomorrow for a remap, 40 mile trek so wish me and wee wsg luck that we make it lol, will have up another few pics tomorrow Smile
Thanks given by:
Like this a lot mate. Hope the clutch works well, looking at the options myself. Will be keeping an eye on this, hope all goes well tomorrow!
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
very sad to announce everyone, but this project seems like a complete failure and a dead end at that Sad put the car on the rolling road today and she put out 50bhp that is not a mistake people, YES! WSG put out only 50bhp Sad this is a very sad day, and the guys at torquetronix actually refused to remap the car.. after much deliberation, we have come to the conclusion that the TD04 is the cause of such power loss in the car, we are now in the process of putting the old turbo back in and scrapping the TD04 and selling the mouting brackets, adapter plates, and exhaust pipes, i will keep everyone updated how it goes, but as for now, the project seems to be a failure, sorry everyone Sad

50bhp.. i honestly didnt know these engines could put out that little power lol
Thanks given by:
Surley a remap would fix that though since the originAl map is for a small turbo with low down boost and the td04 is for higher rpm where the fueling is stopped on stock?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Um, yeah, this. ^^^

What reasons did they give for refusing to map the car? And how do you know it's the turbo that's the problem?

That's a downer dude, but i hope you don't let just one set back put you off.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just stood in the garage for 4 hours and missed dinner so we could do tests on every aspect on the cars airflow to try and see what te problem was, and we came up with the maf sensor ballsing the whole thing up, reverted my turbo back to standard before we found out that was the problem, and very sad now lol, need to fix back brakes as they as siezed, car will be back of out garage for the weekend hopefully running standard turbo, as a result of starting a new job on monday, i need the car back and do not have enough time to put the td04 back in Sad as a result, im selling the whole kit turbo included, pm for more details Smile but project is back on, but without td04, but we know how to do it, so td04 may be back in in the future ladsss Big Grin

So basically to put it short, torquetronix think they are too good for 306's and i believe this is the reason they refused to map the car, anywan agree? Technically with a maf blank, and custom map, this car should have been running 110% with the td04
Thanks given by:
Maybe they can't map properly and just use generic maps so blamed your turbo when it didnt show the results? lol

shame you're giving up the td04 route for now, always interesting when someone tries a new turbo on these engines

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Actually, a lot of places will refuse to map the car if it isn't in good health, the maf in particular is fairly essential to "good" mapping on these engines.

A pity the project won't be continuing, looked like it could be interesting. Oh, if you do end up doing it again, tell your mechanic the turbo will work better if it's positioned so there's actually some oil going through it. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
How can you pull 50 bhp!! I thought the guy that did the Turbo built rallycars... you should of kept it on and emailed one of the recommended tuners on here... I've never met any of them but trust them way more than any tuning company.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2013, 05:38 PM)Arron Wrote: How can you pull 50 bhp!! I thought the guy that did the Turbo built rallycars... you should of kept it on and emailed one of the recommended tuners on here... I've never met any of them but trust them way more than any tuning company.

We reckon that the air/fuel mix was never right an torquetronix didnt seem to realize this which is why she wasnt running right mate, should run 110% without the td04
Thanks given by:
I think what arron is saying is that if you got in touch with a mapper on here they would right you a map to make it run 110% on the td04.. Like god knows how many other people have also said... Seems silly to put all this money into it then just pack up because a tuning company are afraid to get on with it lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Guaranteed it's because the turbo never spooled until like 4000rpm+ and by the time the air started moving, the fuel had died off also added to the fact that it probably never spooled as there wasn't enough fuel for it to start moving some air...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izvKiomxRiM

As pointed out, TD04s and HDis are quite happy if someone maps it properly...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
There you go then! Get someone on here to map it for you . Just don't let the project die

Thanks given by:
Well he has already taken the turbo off by the sounds of it and put stock back on. Dont sell the td04, just stick with it. The stock will still be good for 160.
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2013, 07:37 AM)TY-HDI Wrote: Well he has already taken the turbo off by the sounds of it and put stock back on. Dont sell the td04, just stick with it. The stock will still be good for 160.

Td04 and all components required to fit it are now sold mate, im happy with just going with standard turbo, as this project is fueled by EMA, and unfortunately its not enough and im now in a bit of debt lol, time to cut the loses and just go with the flow lol
Thanks given by:
Wee update Smile

bought another set of half leathers, these ones with the grey leaf, got them for a steal too :p got myself a new caliper off a recently wrecked car as my front passenger side caliper is seized due to my agri-spec paint brush tactics of painting calipers :L also manage to scoop a set of vortexes (solid centres) with 4 great tyres for cheap cheap money, all in all, good past week, will get a few more pics of the seats tomorrow in the light, and the wheels whenever i get them on the car.. but until then heres these..

[Image: 2013-02-18221503_zpsc93a41d2.jpg]

[Image: 2013-02-19221052_zps0c3f636a.jpg]

Also if this thread gets to 1500 views, i will upload a video of me going out by a Porsche boxter s in 4th gear (still havnt got s2 map) Wink
Thanks given by:
Fook me like torquetronix? Would ya bring the bring the mrs to mcds on her aniversary? I was really looking forward to seeing the results for this, hes told you complete rubbish btw.
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 06:49 PM)con67 Wrote: Fook me like torquetronix? Would ya bring the bring the mrs to mcds on her aniversary? I was really looking forward to seeing the results for this, hes told you complete rubbish btw.

+1
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2013, 06:49 PM)con67 Wrote: Fook me like torquetronix? Would ya bring the bring the mrs to mcds on her aniversary? I was really looking forward to seeing the results for this, hes told you complete rubbish btw.

Your complelty right tho, thats the funny thing about it :/ lesson learned however, torquetronix are a dose lol
Thanks given by:
slight update, after much well needed advice from pro steve, i have no unplugged maf sensor and have set about mapping it out, wsg is now and absolute f*cking rocket and i will try and get up a 30-70 in 3rd video asap Smile
Thanks given by:
but you are selling it?
Thanks given by:
A rocket on the standard blower on a stage one map? Or is this stage 2 on standard turbo? Why couldnt you of kept the td04 then got it mapped like you have now?!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2013, 12:48 PM)Tom Wrote: A rocket on the standard blower on a stage one map? Or is this stage 2 on standard turbo? Why couldnt you of kept the td04 then got it mapped like you have now?!

stage 2 standard turbo mate, took the td04 out as i was made a very good offer for it and the pipes and adaptors Smile

(16-03-2013, 09:50 PM)rd070707 Wrote: but you are selling it?

just looking a change tbh mate, looking for a civic jordan cus the woman is gurning cus she dosnt like 306's but loves civics, so she is kinda forcing the sale :L
Thanks given by:
Ahh right, never listen to the woman lol. At the end of the day how many decent hdi's are there in ni? I think you'd regret it tbh. OR strip the cooler off or and sell it to me haha
Thanks given by:
1998 1.6 vti civic bought Smile must try and get a good weena photos up of her.. on completley unrelated news, i slid on black ice the other day and went clean into a fence post in wsg Sad shes not wrote off but the driver side is slightly damaged, got a few dents pulled and its not too bad looking now, scary experience all the same, but she lives on Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Stage 2 HDi Progress/Project. mcglynn 139 67,786 31-12-2018, 02:09 AM
Last Post: Allistairc123
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,724 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 36,926 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6