bonnet pull

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bonnet pull
hey guys not sure what section to put this in but anyway,
went out to pop me bonnet today and the pull came off in me hand i tried using vise grips but it wont budge atall any ideas on how to open my bonnet?
thanks jonny
[Image: 306sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nope no idea for this one D: Is it the cable thats broke or the lever has just come off the side of the car?
Thanks given by:
Move the carpet a bit and pull on the cable with pliers or something. Thats what I had to with the golf after a major fail...removed the handle but then closed the bonnet properly lol.
Thanks given by:
What came off? The lever? The whole unit that bolts to the side of the shell?
Is the cable still attached ?

As for a method to open it. Reach under the bumper and up and you can reach the cable from there
Give it a good yank then it should open
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
as tom says, pull the cable with pliers. if not phills idea will work but its easier reaching up with a breaker bar
Thanks given by:
hey thanks for the replys guys yea it was the leaver that came of havnt had a chance to look at it much i did try pullin it with pillars and no joy must try reach under the bumper and see found out it was my cock of a bro that done it must go break his e30 325i sport 1 see how he likes it lol
[Image: 306sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation HELPP !!!! REBUILT PUMP AND WONT PULL FUEL THROUGH andyyy 32 6,705 20-01-2014, 05:04 PM
Last Post: andyyy
  blue and white smoke on pull away rryan 3 1,654 28-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Jimbo
  pull to push gearbox box(small problem) pugtk 12 2,694 31-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Last Post: pugtk