Welding

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welding
Is there Anyone that knows of a welder or can weld in or around wolverhampton that could undertake a small project for me in a few months time I'm thinking of buying one myself but ain't got a clue how to use them so would probably make more work for myself
Dragoon Blue Estate in a bit of a State
Thanks given by:
Pm me details
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welding is great fun, hate using ARC welders though as I have a tendency to get the sticks stuck leaving behind shitloads of bird shit, but MIG welding is great, so easy to do you've just got to remember to keep the weld moving otherwise it pools and melts through things Tongue

The first time I ever welded anything it was welding a roll cage into a Mini (I used to do grasstracking!) and I did a pretty good job of it, the welds certainly saved me and a few others on a number of occasions as it was a shared car!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If I was to buy one to learn to use what would be the best to go for
Thanks given by:
The most expensive one you can buy 2nnd hand
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I mean like mig or arc what would be the best one
Thanks given by:
Mig for any home jobs / easiest to learn
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I agree with the Lobbster, MIG is by far the easiest to learn!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ill keep on the look out for a mig welder then thanks guys
Thanks given by:
Probably go MIG as its easier to use, but don't go for one of the real small cheap ones though. Mate of mine bought one and it wasn't worth a thing, wouldn't weld right at all.

The arc would be a cheaper option but it is harder to get on to. Lidl do real cheap ones which will weld small stuff the very best. They do overheat though if you're using them for any length of time
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
It's safe to say that ANY cheap welder is a total waste of time, migs generally worse dye to complexity...u wanna find a decent second hand unit...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
MIG is best to learn and easiest to use, I can only mig weld tried others but found it hard
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
I bought a gas-less one from machine mart a couple years back. It's not the best and can be a bit tricky. Wish I'd gone for a better second hand one now.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, Gasless is absolute crap, and avoid 130amp crappy Sealey/Clarke/Draper or any of the usual suspects...

Get yourself a decent midrange Mig welder off ebay, you'll thank yourself later, you can get some utter bargains on awesome kit like that on ebay...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Can you give me an example of what ones to look out for preferably with a link please
Thanks given by:
If you learn to ARC weld, MIG feels like cheating lol, IMO it's a skill worth having, you'll find an ARC welder anywhere!

But buy a reasonable MIG, it's just generally better for what you'll want to do with it. And don't bother with gasless.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
That is also true, I used nothing but an arc for the first 10 years, I still use it all the time on the farm, but mig is used for 99.9% of car jobs these days....so much more control
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mig welding cast bashbarnard 11 2,793 24-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Welding Cages Jonny81191 8 1,544 30-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191
  Anyone with TIG welding knowledge? Jonny81191 10 3,681 21-09-2015, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191