lucas/boost

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lucas/boost
ok guys today i did my first lucas fuel tune (in the snow, dedicated or what) but its still only boosting 12psi, i did about half a turn on the fuel and adjusted the boost comp slightly but nothing. its defiantly adjusted fuel as its slightly coaling now nothing major as it was my mates car and he didnt want to much. only thing i didnt do was adjust the wasteagte so could it be that? or would it still boost more than that anyway after fuels up abit before it creeps?

thanks ash
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
You got the answer yourself there you silly mare!
If the gate is still set to open at 12 psi then guess what.... It will still open at 12 psi :-)
Adjust it and crack on!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
ahhhhh thanks phil, i didnt know if they could take more than 12psi as standard before opening that was my reason for asking but thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Mine made it up to about 16psi with fuel adjustment alone. Was about 14psi standard.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
what turbo was that on though?
Thanks given by:
T2, and yours?
Thanks given by:
was on my mates its only a k14 :/ so could be the set up was different? with the t2 being a slight bit bigger (giggidy) then made standard to hold more?
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, could be the case then. Im certainly no expert, so i could be way off the mark. Tongue
Thanks given by:
im going with waste gate then. its coaling enough to be more than 12psi and waste gate was only thing i could think of missing
Thanks given by:
Boost leak? Mine ran 12psi with badly leaking Manifold gasket , should be 14-16lbs standard
Thanks given by:
Bit more fuel will sometimes increase the boost a few psi but for any proper gains you need to adjust the wastegate.
Thanks given by:
To be fair I've not actually bothered having the intercooler off yet to check pipes or D seal but surely should have atleast moved from 12 if it wast WG
Thanks given by:
When ash23 did mine up'ed the fuel boost compsater took.it for a spin didnt make much different was still boosting 14psi turned boost up...... BOOM! Made I right difference boosting 20psi max on k14 and lucus at min it is pritty nippy lol

Thanks given by:
On the K14 is it just a case of crack the lock nut off turn the screw thing right in and tighten back up?
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2013, 10:38 PM)the milkman Wrote: On the K14 is it just a case of crack the lock nut off turn the screw thing right in and tighten back up?

Yer thats rite not sure how much you need to turn it but its only a 5-10 min job so can always get back under and adjust it some more

Thanks given by:
Alright nice one guys
Thanks given by:
Just going back to this I'm gonna do the W/G tomorrow, is there any reason it still won't boost over 12 after this?
Thanks given by:
What's the plan with the 205 bro?
Thanks given by:
Well just got a job sorted now pal after the whole redundent thing so first pay day go down and just give your dad rest of the cash on the day that okay?
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's cool man Smile just let me know when you know a date! And give my dad a ring too! Congrats on the job!
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate Smile
Thanks given by:
No worries Smile
Thanks given by:
when you adjust the wastegate put a socket on the locknut and put the allen key through the socket, hold the socket with your fingers to make sure the locknut doesn't turn while you're tightening the wastegate . . . tis important . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
How far in am I screwing it exactly here matt? Just so its right in or what?
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2013, 02:07 PM)the milkman Wrote: How far in am I screwing it exactly here matt? Just so its right in or what?

screw it right in and then back it off a little bit mate, that's what i did and i make about 23psi at peek which is ideal imo . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
This isnt the one thats got the knock that you texted me about the other day is it!? Did u find what the knock was? If not just be prepared for a big bang as if its bottom end it may go bang with more pressure Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i think its from beam/mounts tbh cj more of a creaking than a banging when you really listen to it. but its running a safe 16/17psi atm with it being a k14. would you say thats a good output? coals a fair bit to be fair lol
Thanks given by:
Think 16/17 is to safe, get it up to 20-25psi ;-)

Thanks given by:
well i said about 20 ish to him to be fair but he wants it "safe" so yea, gonna go scrappys tomorrow try and get a metal fuel cap so easier to adjust fuel without risk of splitting cap so may do a slight bit more fuel tomorrow Wink
Thanks given by:
Yeah good idea to have a spare!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  lucas boost compensator problem parrotveasey81 4 1,577 12-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Last Post: parrotveasey81