changing seats

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
changing seats
Swapping my half leathers today for better condition ones. Do I need to disconnect battery first?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I didn't when I changed mine

However I didn't have airbags
Thanks given by:
You should do........even if you dont have seat airbags you still have pre-tensioners which could fire....
Thanks given by:
Thanks boys
Thanks given by:
no you don't need to . . . .there's a clever little doo-hicky in the connectors that stops them going off when you unplug them . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Oh really? Why haven't I heard this before lol, woulda saved some time!

What is the 'doo-hicky' out of interest?
Thanks given by:
Okay just discovered that the seat in the car has no connector so atm the wires are just soldered together. Is it okay for me to cut them and il have to cut off the orange connector on the new seat and solder again?
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2013, 01:16 PM)rd070707 Wrote: Okay just discovered that the seat in the car has no connector so atm the wires are just soldered together. Is it okay for me to cut them and il have to cut off the orange connector on the new seat and solder again?

yes but if that's the case disconnect the battery first . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: