Internals?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internals?
Don't uprate the internals....just shift a few pounds and you'll find the power to weight ratio gets much better! lol also saves money on mods and insurance, and mpg will rise with less weight to haul around too. Wink
Thanks given by:
I need to move more than a few pounds more like few tones lmao
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I have a 52, not the bigger 56. My gov is shimmed a fair bit. Get's to roughly ( I have no rev counter) 4k, and starts tailing off.

IMO, don't go spending a fortune on internals, it's a huge money pit. Just get a big turbo etc, rag it until it blows, then get another engine for £100. Or do what I have done, get a mid sized turbo, and make the sort of power you can properly use on the road, on the tight twisty roads. I am more interested in having fun with pump tuning on an engine that should theoretically last a little longer than one with a td04 running 35psi.

If I spent a few grand building the ultimate engine, I don't think I could then go out and thrash the hell out of it, because in the back of my mind I would be thinking that if it blows, all that money has gone to waste.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 11:27 PM)Ricky Wrote: I have a 52, not the bigger 56. My gov is shimmed a fair bit. Get's to roughly ( I have no rev counter) 4k, and starts tailing off.

IMO, don't go spending a fortune on internals, it's a huge money pit. Just get a big turbo etc, rag it until it blows, then get another engine for £100. Or do what I have done, get a mid sized turbo, and make the sort of power you can properly use on the road, on the tight twisty roads. I am more interested in having fun with pump tuning on an engine that should theoretically last a little longer than one with a td04 running 35psi.

If I spent a few grand building the ultimate engine, I don't think I could then go out and thrash the hell out of it, because in the back of my mind I would be thinking that if it blows, all that money has gone to waste.

yeah thats a good point to think about. what do you actually use the car for? is it needed to get you around or is it like mine and just a toy for a nice day?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 10:33 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Really? I've had 5,200 on a standard XUD'S before.

Just because the needle will move to 5k+ rpm, it doesn't mean it's pulling/giving enough fuel. It's not worth going much over 5k on a mid-sized turbo if the pump's set up correctly IMO.

(24-01-2013, 10:39 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: It'll rev all the way to 5k standard but it massively cuts fuelling past around 4.2k

This.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stock internals guestion Cbray2003 31 4,784 27-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Dave