Cars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars
What do you recommend d turbo or hdi
Thanks given by:
Depends what you want out of the car really...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Niether, both shite.
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 11:49 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Either, both better than mk4 golfs.

EFA
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
^^^^^hahahahaha
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 11:51 AM)Oil-burner Wrote:

EFA

Better in what way? Cheaper to fuel? No. Cheaper to tax? Hell no! Cheaper to insure after modding them to same power as the standard golf because they're epically slow? No. Cheaper to fix? Well yeah...but you end up fixing them every weekend so it evens out.

Ph3 306s do look better (in hatch form) though! Wink And they hold the road better than anything else for the same price...

As has been said above, it really depends what you want from the car as to which you go for. Smile
Thanks given by:
Low budget with good gains, td
High budget but higher gains , hdi
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 11:54 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(24-01-2013, 11:51 AM)Oil-burner Wrote:

EFA

Better in what way? Cheaper to fuel? 62mpgs is enough for me.
Cheaper to tax? If youve got a 2001 yes

Cheaper to insure after modding them to same power as the standard golf because they're epically slow? Yes a stage 1 hdi will about keep up with a 150pd if done right.

Cheaper to fix? Well yeah...but you end up fixing them every weekend so it evens out. Yeah but when you fix them they stsy fixed and not on the back of a flat bed

Weigh less than the moon? Yes

Shows you have a bit more imagination than your grandma? Yes

Ph3 306s do look better (in hatch form) though! Wink And they hold the road better than anything else for the same price...

As has been said above, it really depends what you want from the car as to which you go for. Smile
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've never managed over 50mpg from my HDi. Cant see how anyone gets 60+

Even the post Y reg tax is still £120 odd isn't it? So the Golf is cheaper there too.

Stage 1 HDi doesn't keep up with much at all, ok the estate is heavier is heavier than the hatch but honestly its terrible! The std 130PD was much quicker. VNT turbo ftw.

Wait, what? Every time I fix a peugeot something else breaks....at least with VAGs you get a few weeks of everything working properly. lol

Weighs the same as the 306 estate lol...

Imagination? Meh, I'd rather blend in than stand out so the styling (or lack of) isn't really an issue for me, although I agree Mk4 Golfs are fugly.

I should add, I HATE Golfs with a passion since the Blue one and certain won't buy another becuase of thier high purchasew price.......but theres no getting away from the fact they are much cheaper to run than a HDi, and much quicker as well. A simple stage 1 remap on a 150 will see 200bhp and only costs £45 ffs!
Thanks given by:
Think tom should get a 20% warning everytime he mentions mpg, mk4 golf or hdi
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 12:04 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: Shows you have a bit more imagination than your grandma? Yes

lmao

he's got a point...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
get either, but a DT in my opinion just don't listen to anything Toms306 has to say . . .(hushed Tones) he's the club retard in case you were wondering . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yeah, for some reason Tom hates 306s and hearts Golfs but stays on here to annoy the f*ck out of everyone telling is how shit our cars are...

DT - Cheap tuning, no electrical bollocks to worry about, easier to work on, clutch can handle more or less any power, runs on veggie oil.

HDI - Smoother and quieter, more economical, easier to tune initially due to remaps but far more expensive to get big power from due to remaps, paddle clutches, and not nearly as simple. Can't run veg oil either.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Xud all day long. Hdi relies too much on electronics, not Peugeots best known quality tbh haha

I much prefer to modify an engine by actually bolting things onto it rather than plugging in a laptop. Feels much better when something YOU did improves the car rather than a computer program.

They smell nicer than Hdi engines too, every xud smells the same when you open The bonnet.

Ok Il shut up now, getting nostalgic over a 20 year old diesel engine
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Buy mine and bathe in the stage 1, ph3 lovelyness Smile
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 12:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Stuff

Not sure if trolling....

MPG - have yet to get less than 50mpg, back in the warmer months I was touching 56mpg from a tank and that was ragging the car about. Yours must be broken, or like we mentioned in another thread, you have yet to own a HDi during warmer months, and MPG suffers when it's cold out...

Basically it all comes down to what the two cars cost both when new and now, as this is vastly different and makes comparing the two of them like-for-like a completely retarded exercise.

Cost of a 3-door D-Turbo HDi brand new - £10,995
Valuation of my car now (dealer price) - £1,133

Cost of a 3-door GT TDi 130 brand new - £13,950
Valuation of a car of similar age and mileage to mine now (dealer price) - £2,990

Whilst £3k difference might not sound like much more it's some 27% more expensive, so regardless of inflation etc. that's quite some difference!

Whilst the residual / used costs are much more different, with a Golf in similar condition to my D-Turbo being more than twice as expensive on the used market.

This is getting tedious now Tom, and the comparisons have to stop.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 01:04 PM)C.A.R. Wrote:
(24-01-2013, 12:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Stuff

Not sure if trolling....

[Image: troll-face-high-resolution.png]

People bite every single time.... lol

Also, blame oil-burner, he started it. Wink On a serious note - this is the proper comparrison and where I'll leave it. As I said above, I really dislike Golfs, especially after the last one.......and I will tell people on Golf forums exactly that, funny enough they don't get quite so defensive as people on here. I won't be buying another one, I thought about it, and even kept the GTi wheels incase I bought another (ya know, just like I did with the 'clones..) but their purchase price really is ridiculous compared to some quicker cars with similar engine spec, vehicle spec and running costs. I can't see any justification for buying one over something newer and better for the same price. HOWEVER since owning a HDi I've developed a strong dislike for these too, granted mines shit, as most are these days due to age and milage and as Chris says, they cost less and its very noticeable as they rack up the miles, especially inside with the bolster wear and the plastics falling apart and door looms that cant stand a door being opened and closed (the sole purpose of a door...) and also in the bay - the Golf bay was still immaculate at 140k, peugeots, especially TUs and HDis seem to leak all over. Bloody oil leaks and water leaks and air con leaks and washer bottle leaks, diesel leaks then ofcourse the cover clips dont work and barely any still have undertrays etc and the bay on most is a mess. Don't get me wrong I don't hate 306s, far from it, if I could afford petrol and found a mint GTi-6 I'd have one instantly. Nothing else I've driven holds the road in the same way as a 306, and tbh you probably dont get much faster or more fun standard than a '6 for the same price. But another HDi? Hell no!
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 12:13 PM)Matt Wrote: Think tom should get a 20% warning everytime he mentions mpg, mk4 golf or hdi

Thats not a bad idea but he'd be banned within the hour.

Really its horses for courses mate, theyre quite different cars in an awuful lot of ways.

The oldest 1.9 TDs are over 20 years old now and really starting to show their age whereas the newest HDis are less than 11 years old.

The XUDs are lighter but this is because they have less features (both safety and otherwise)

The XUD engine is very easy to tune and will run on cooking oil making them incredibly cheap to run, they also have no real engine electrics so if anything goes wrong it can only really be a mechanical issue.

That said compared to the HDi theyre noisy, rattly, un refined, less economical.

The HDi is a much more modern car and a simple remap can net 130bhp for not alot of money. They are electrics that go wrong (MAF sensors are common) but theyer still pretty simple and most parts can be purchased from scrap yards so theyre still cheap to repair.

The big bonus with the HDi is that theyre all ph3 so you get prettyer bumpers, bonnet, headlights, side repeaters, door moulings and a better interior as well as a longer gearbox (the DT one is VERY short). Some of the late HDis come in the cheap tax band of about £120 a year. They also get bigger brakes, rear discs, better suspension and side skirts
Thanks given by:
Tbf he'd be banned off one post haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 01:57 PM)Matt Wrote: Tbf he'd be banned off one post haha

In all honesty I must just like trolling.........I end up sticking up for 306s over on dubgen ffs! lol
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 02:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

In all honesty I must just like trolling.........I end up sticking up for 306s over on dubgen ffs! lol

i wish you had a lady garden tbh so i could kick you in it . . lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 02:02 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(24-01-2013, 02:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

i wish you had a lady garden tbh so i could kick you in it . . lol

Maybe I do. Confused I clearly lack balls......... lol

Srsly, this is the first day for fecking ages that my mood has lifted a bit...........and I'm straight back to trolling the forum and pissing people off! FML! Doh
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 11:49 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Niether, both shite.

dont listen to this postwhore, hes high as a kite on mpg!
anyway, i have owned a DTurbo and now own the HDi.
i have found the two just as good as each other, id switch back between the two anyday.
only thing i didnt like was the Dturbo box as it was too short for my liking. but thats sorted easy by a HDI box.
so id say test drive the two and see which one you like the best.
Thanks given by:
XUD>HDI everytime. And I drive an HDI.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 12:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I should add, I HATE bum pokers with a passion since the Blue one and certain won't buy another
Wut.
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 06:24 PM)Scott Wrote:
(24-01-2013, 12:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I should add, I HATE bum pokers with a passion since the Blue one and certain won't buy another
Wut.

Rofl
Thanks given by:
Golf....

lol
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 01:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: As I said above, I really dislike bum pokers, especially after the last one.......and I will tell people on bum poker forums exactly that, funny enough they don't get quite so defensive as people on here. I won't be buying another one, I thought about it
What kind of forums do you go on?
Thanks given by:
One's that I'm not allowed to discuss on here... ninja
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 01:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: As I said above, I really dislike bum pokers...

I'd avoid Samass then Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by: