insurance and mods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
insurance and mods
Im all declared including stuff that hasnt gone on the car yet like the VNT and the 11mm pump and its £550 for the year, only TP,F&T because of the low value of the car. Protected NCB, driving other cars all that.

Its just as cheap for me to declare the mods as it is to insure a standard car.

Its not worth not declaring the mods cos if you get caught youll get done for no insurance (£200 and 6 points) have your car seized (£150 + £25 a day storage) your policy might get cancelled by the insurer so youll have to get another one to get the car back (at least £600) you might get arrested for fraud (making false statements to obtain financial services) no insurer will ever want to touch you if youve been done for no insurance and no employer is ever gonna want you if you have a conviction for fraud.
Thanks given by:
brentacre for the win...guy has rung me few times, knows what he is talking about, understood the mods and was veru helpful.

all mods declared,bhp limit of 175, wife on policy tpft 3yrs ncb, drive other cars and business use for 40quid a month.

win
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Never had a problem with admiral customer service. Always welsh people which have a nice accident on female!
So don't mind talking to them.

Also tom just to let you know. The hdi dturbo comes with cyclones.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2013, 10:23 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Also tom just to let you know. The hdi dturbo comes with cyclones.

I meant XUD DTurbo...which are shitty harriers afaik lol.
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2013, 10:26 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(27-01-2013, 10:23 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Also tom just to let you know. The hdi dturbo comes with cyclones.

I meant XUD DTurbo...which are shitty harriers afaik lol.
D Turbo S comes with swallows I think

Cheapest I found for me was Elephant
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Mate, thank you for telling about Brentacre, done me a good deal for £1350 on the hdi, cheapest quote and do any mods like you said not with the bhp, i can even add a exhaust system on there.. cheers bud..

(24-01-2013, 11:05 AM)Parksy87 Wrote: Im with brentacre any cosmetic mods u do dont affect your policy even gti brakes lowering etc only when you mess with the bhp give them a shout
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Nothing like a little necropost mate.. thyis thread is only 1 year and 9 months old..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 06:42 PM)toseland Wrote: Nothing like a little necropost mate.. thyis thread is only 1 year and 9 months old..

Yeah i know that lol, when i done a thread piggys thread came up underneath so i thought i would have a look at it..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(17-09-2014, 01:43 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: Mate, thank you for telling about Brentacre, done me a good deal for £1350 on the hdi, cheapest quote and do any mods like you said not with the bhp, i can even add a exhaust system on there.. cheers bud..

(24-01-2013, 11:05 AM)Parksy87 Wrote: Im with brentacre any cosmetic mods u do dont affect your policy even gti brakes lowering etc only when you mess with the bhp give them a shout

£1350! I love being old. £320 fully comp on £6k's worth of 180bhp auris and £212 for the Rallye :-) :-)
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
[/quote]

£1350! I love being old. £320 fully comp on £6k's worth of 180bhp auris and £212 for the Rallye :-) :-)
[/quote]

Bloody hell, that is cheap..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
its best to tell them about everything, just in case there is a f*ck up on the road.
When I reshelled my sleeper, the insurance saw it as a reg change and a paint job. they didn't care about what model it was or if it had a sunroof or not.
Thanks given by:
Amazing this thread is still around!!

My renewal earlier this year was £400ish for the 2.1, all them many mods, im 26. Hoping I can squeeze them down a bit next year
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yes i told them about the spraying the interior and exterior, the gti spoiler sprayed wheels sound system front and rear lights and they still said they are not bothered with all that, its only if the bhp goes up then i need to tell them, but they have put me on third party and not the other one, i got another quote which was about 200ish up, but still might go with brentarce as im only going to be driving the car 1-2 days a week...
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cheap insurance that allow mods.. Josh1994 29 3,861 18-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Josh1994