Trawling the bay of E...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trawling the bay of E...
And just spotted this description whilst looking for a new front valance and spoiler after dinging mine last night (also need rear bumper valance too...oh and a wing!) and I couldn't help but wonder what the f*ck this dude's Polo must be running when I read the description.

Quote:The brand new lower front valance for VW.

This sport valance fits on all VW Polo 6N MK3 (models 07/94-10/01) and gives your car an unmistakably authentic race appearance.
"High Speed Tested" on the German Autobahn for up to 185 mp/h (300 km/h)!!!

So what's he running do we reckon I mean I've heard of 1.8T 20V converted Polos but that's not gunna produce 185mph!

f*ck it scares the shit of me reaching 95 in mine!!!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Could be all manor or engine conversions.

My bets on a turbo vr6 conversion running silly power.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure if there was a 185mph VW Polo out there that there would be all sorts of media surrounding it.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think it might be slightly exaggerated. I dont think a polo would have the structureal integrity to reach those speeds without bits of car collapsing on themselves.
Air does all sorts of weird things to cars at high speed and I just don't see it been possible in a polo lol

He probably meant its been tested upto 185kph and made up the 300 bit. That would be realistic as that would mean just over 110mph
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
The front valance was in a box the boot of a Jag XKR, it really did do 185 MPH.
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 10:36 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: The front valance was in a box the boot of a Jag XKR, it really did do 185 MPH.

^^^^

yeah this...wasnt on a polo at the time...they gaffered it to the front of an enzo! haha
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: