Fog lights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fog lights
Was looking at a set of these on eBay, just to get rid of yellow light and have more of a white light

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewite...3884757179

Just wanted to know how you go around getting to the fog light bulb without removing the bumper? To check what bulb it is and to fit a new one
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 01:41 PM)MiiTCH Wrote: Was looking at a set of these on eBay, just to get rid of yellow light and have more of a white light

Just wanted to know how you go around getting to the fog light bulb without removing the bumper? To check what bulb it is and to fit a new one

They are h1 bulbs in the fogs mate. Now that was deffo easier than taking the bumper off no? Lol
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 01:52 PM)Oil-burner Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 01:41 PM)MiiTCH Wrote: Was looking at a set of these on eBay, just to get rid of yellow light and have more of a white light

They are h1 bulbs in the fogs mate. Now that was deffo easier than taking the bumper off no? Lol

That has seriously helped me out! Thanks Smile ill take the head light bulbs out and see what they are for dipped and high beam... Do they vary for different models?
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 02:10 PM)MiiTCH Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 01:52 PM)Oil-burner Wrote:

That has seriously helped me out! Thanks Smile ill take the head light bulbs out and see what they are for dipped and high beam... Do they vary for different models?

H7's in the headlights pal!
Im on a roll today!
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 02:58 PM)Oil-burner Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 02:10 PM)MiiTCH Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 01:52 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: They are h1 bulbs in the fogs mate. Now that was deffo easier than taking the bumper off no? Lol

Im on a roll today!

You my friend are a very helpful person! Are both the dipped and main beam H7?
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 04:17 PM)MiiTCH Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 02:58 PM)Oil-burner Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 02:10 PM)MiiTCH Wrote: That has seriously helped me out! Thanks Smile ill take the head light bulbs out and see what they are for dipped and high beam... Do they vary for different models?

Im on a roll today!

I believe so matey, saves going out in the snow doesnt it!
No probs, there is a little button at the bottom of the post next to 'find'! Smile
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 04:22 PM)Oil-burner Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 04:17 PM)MiiTCH Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 02:58 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: H7's in the headlights pal!
Im on a roll today!

No probs, there is a little button at the bottom of the post next to 'find'! Smile

Top bloke Wink that little button just got pressed Smile I know those bulbs on eBay are cheap but aren't the proper Xenon bulbs like £40 a pop?
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 04:25 PM)MiiTCH Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 04:22 PM)Oil-burner Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 04:17 PM)MiiTCH Wrote: You my friend are a very helpful person! Are both the dipped and main beam H7?

Top bloke Wink that little button just got pressed Smile I know those bulbs on eBay are cheap but aren't the proper Xenon bulbs like £40 a pop?

Ive got hids in mine, think they were about £25 but they arent exactly legal.

Personally id spend that bit more and get some decent ones, especially in the fogs as its a bumper off job (unless you have the hands of a toddler) ive had cheap sets of bulbs in mine and they dont last 5 minutes.

Osram nightbreakers are a well rated halogen bulb, theres also some philips extreme something or other but cant remember what they are called

If you do go for hid's go for a sensible colour temp and make sure they are aligned properly and pointing at the floor!
They are extremely bright and will dazzle other drivers if they arent set up properly!
You'll also have to take them out for your mot!
Also cheers for the rep! Smile
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 04:37 PM)Oil-burner Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 04:25 PM)MiiTCH Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 04:22 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: I believe so matey, saves going out in the snow doesnt it!

Personally id spend that bit more and get some decent ones, especially in the fogs as its a bumper off job (unless you have the hands of a toddler) ive had cheap sets of bulbs in mine and they dont last 5 minutes.

Osram nightbreakers are a well rated halogen bulb, theres also some philips extreme something or other but cant remember what they are called

If you do go for hid's go for a sensible colour temp and make sure they are aligned properly and pointing at the floor!
They are extremely bright and will dazzle other drivers if they arent set up properly!

I've been offered some HIDs for mine, and also where I get my MOT done, they told me they are still MOTable, so hopefully I should be okay for the MOT.. If the bulbs are H7 then ill get the HID kit as its cheap off a friend
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 04:40 PM)MiiTCH Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 04:37 PM)Oil-burner Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 04:25 PM)MiiTCH Wrote: Top bloke Wink that little button just got pressed Smile I know those bulbs on eBay are cheap but aren't the proper Xenon bulbs like £40 a pop?

I've been offered some HIDs for mine, and also where I get my MOT done, they told me they are still MOTable, so hopefully I should be okay for the MOT.. If the bulbs are H7 then ill get the HID kit as its cheap off a friend

To legally get through an mot with hids you need projector lights with auto leveling and headlight washers iirc.
Retrofitting them is defo not legal!
Sounds like hes a 'friendly guy' so if you get through with them bonus!

Like I say they are about £25 posted so theyd have to be cheap second hand else you may aswell get the warranty with them.

Again I must stress that they have to be set up 100% and pointing as low as you can get them.
Thanks given by:
The HID kit he has is with H1 bulbs so wouldn't fit my headlights anyway, but I could use them on the fogs...

I found the Philips Xenon blue vision ultra bulbs I may get as they are better quality... Has anyone had any experience with these bulbs? I'm not bothered about the brightness, just the colour, if they are a noticeable nice white with a hint of blue then ill get 2 packs of the H7

Or Bosch ones? I can get some from halfords with discount
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 04:55 PM)MiiTCH Wrote: The HID kit he has is with H1 bulbs so wouldn't fit my headlights anyway, but I could use them on the fogs...

I found the Philips Xenon blue vision ultra bulbs I may get as they are better quality... Has anyone had any experience with these bulbs? I'm not bothered about the brightness, just the colour, if they are a noticeable nice white with a hint of blue then ill get 2 packs of the H7

I've used these. Look on amazon mine were £30something but were on offer for £7 and there only blue if you look directly at them so to others there'll be blueish but when your driving they will look white.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 04:59 PM)Aaron _d95 Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 04:55 PM)MiiTCH Wrote: The HID kit he has is with H1 bulbs so wouldn't fit my headlights anyway, but I could use them on the fogs...

I've used these. Look on amazon mine were £30something but were on offer for £7 and there only blue if you look directly at them so to others there'll be blueish but when your driving they will look white.

That's still a better colour than the standard yellow look

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-12972-BV...744&sr=1-2

Those are the cheapest on Amazon, 1 pair for main and 1 pair for dipped, looking at about £40

Just found the Philips diamond vision which look a lot more blue
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 04:46 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: To legally get through an mot with hids you need projector lights with auto leveling and headlight washers iirc.
Retrofitting them is defo not legal!
Sounds like hes a 'friendly guy' so if you get through with them bonus!

Like I say they are about £25 posted so theyd have to be cheap second hand else you may aswell get the warranty with them.

Again I must stress that they have to be set up 100% and pointing as low as you can get them.
Has anyone ever managed this and got it road-legal?
Thanks given by:
Not unless you know the tester well.......just take them out, get the MOT done then refit them when you get home Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Instrument lights, dash lights not working boggs 3 2,458 26-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Odometer lights and clock lights inop bashbarnard 3 2,152 23-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Last Post: DarkInferno
  N/S Brake lights/Side Lights not working Grant 10 3,200 18-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Grant