Using a Disabled Toilet

Poll: Is it OK to use a Disabled Toilet, even if you are not Disabled?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
- It's OK to use the Disabled toilet if there is no queue for it
47.22%
17 47.22%
- It's OK to use to use the Disabled toilet if there is no queue for it e public male/female toilet is smelly/dirty
11.11%
4 11.11%
- It's OK to use the Disabled toilet if there is a queue for the public male/female toilet
8.33%
3 8.33%
- It's never OK to use a disabled toilet unless absolutely necessary
33.33%
12 33.33%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a Disabled Toilet
Just an observation, following a thread on Pistonheads recently where the majority of people surprisingly disagreed with me and it left me a little shocked to be honest.

What's your opinion on using a disabled toilet, if you're not disabled?

- It's OK to use the toilet if there is no queue for it
- It's OK to use it if the public male/female toilet is smelly/dirty
- It's OK to use it if there is a queue for the public male/female toilet
- It's never OK to use a disabled toilet unless absolutely necessary

Back your opinion with your reasoning if you can...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
If someone is watching ill fake a limp
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's ok to use a disabled toilet if there's no queue for either but you like to poo in privacy, like i do.

It's just a toilet ffs. Saying that, they have these awesome metal bars that can be used to spread you legs and assist the evacuation of your bowels. Like stirrups for men.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was always told you're never allowed to use one! Confused
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 11:37 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I was always told you're never allowed to use one! Confused

But it shouldnt realy matter if theres no queue?
Thanks given by:
if theres no queue for it than work away i say, i dont tend to take too long in toilet anyway, dunno what some people do be doing in there(not disabled people obviously, the regular folk)!
sure in the unlikely event a diabled erson did come in the 2 minutes im there whats the difference between waiting a minute for me as another disabled person?
Ive noticed a lot of places here locking disabled toilet and have to go looking for key, id love to meet the idiot that came up with that idea!!!!

some people do look at you with distain but theyre the eejits who have a general chip on their shoulder.

I remember one time i was parked in the disabled bay outside hospital waiting for my nana to come out, when a woman parked next to me started ranting at me it was only for disabled people(she had a disabled kid with her)
when i pointed at disabled badge in window she shouted anyone can get them! and drove off, so yeah some people just like to whinge....
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 11:48 AM)aggyj17 Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 11:37 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I was always told you're never allowed to use one! Confused

But someone disabled may be really desperate while you're in there!
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 11:51 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 11:48 AM)aggyj17 Wrote:

But someone disabled may be really desperate while you're in there!

If they're really desperate, the time it takes them to get there in their crip chairs means they'll have wet themselves anyway.

Realistically, how long are you in there for? A couple of minutes? That's nothing. Not like there's a queue of disableds waiting for you to try and sink the titanic...
Thanks given by:
Depends, I mean how longs a peice of string...Chris didn't state if it was number one or two. Tongue
Thanks given by:
I've always thought they're 'disabled toilets' for a reason if there's someone in a wheelchair that really needs to yoose der crapper, and you're already in there enjoying the water hitting your ring, then you'd probably feel guilty or you'd have to start dribbling on yourself very, very quickly without them noticing you're fully abled.

Hard to pull off? Uhh yeah!
Thanks given by:
Tbh I always use them. I even have a key which unlocks all the disabled toilets in Dorset.

Perks of being a care worker right?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:

Live on the edge Tom, use a disabled toilet
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 11:58 AM)vlj Wrote:

Live on the edge Tom, use a disabled toilet

Tom wouldn't come out til the next morning, that's inconsiderate Wink
Thanks given by:
Lol, tbh I have used once....but the choice between using the disabled or shit running down your leg isn't a difficult choice to make! Dodgy

But for 'normal' use I wouldn't even think about using one, even though I have a problem with using public toilets especially if anyone else is in there too (no idea why girls and even some guys like 'going' together!) I wouldn't use one.

It's not just for wheel chair users btw, a lot of disabled people can still walk a bit....a lot of them can't just sit down like you or I though, and need handrails or a higher seat....
Thanks given by:
I don't see the problem with using them, to be fair a normal person is less likely to make a mess than some of it's other customers.

As long as you don't tip someone out of their chair to get into the place, whats the problem?
Thanks given by:
My uni has lack of male toilets but a surprising amount of female and disabled toilets.

Don't see a problem if no ones using it. Not too mention the privacy of a disabled toilet is a bonus when your taking a huge dump!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
What is wrong with you women?

You're embarrassed to take a shit in a public toilet?

I took great pride in emptying a porta-cabin block of toilets back at ISTS Donny 2009 - could hear people asking "what the f*ck is that smell?!"

Wasn't my fault, had eaten a dodgey burger one of my mates had 'cooked'.

Fecking stage fright taking a shit. Whatever next!?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
All of the above apart from d?
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 12:59 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: What is wrong with you women?

You're embarrassed to take a shit in a public toilet?

I took great pride in emptying a porta-cabin block of toilets back at ISTS Donny 2009 - could hear people asking "what the f*ck is that smell?!"

Wasn't my fault, had eaten a dodgey burger one of my mates had 'cooked'.

Fecking stage fright taking a shit. Whatever next!?

What? Do you honestly not feel at all conscious of the fact someone might hear/smell your shit? Or even see you leaving the loo as they'll know there only one reason to be in there! Confused

I can't even go at home if someone might hear it ffs! Just a good job we have a really noisy fan heater in the bathroom so it drowns down the noise.... Speechless
Thanks given by:
I dont see an issue and have quite often used a disabled if i need a shit and im out they are much friendlier than the mens

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 01:01 PM)Just Sean Wrote: All of the above apart from d?

I'd say this; it's the same with disabled/childrens parking bays in supermarkets.

They are there as a priority for those with a disability/child. It's not saying you can only use it if you ARE disabled.

Christ; what disability is eligible to use these toilets? Somone who voted D, please answer that.

I hate to be in agreement with C.A.R. but here i am. It's ridiculous. The disabled toilet is only different in that it offers facilities which the other toilets don't. Perhaps i need help standing up, but can walk fine; does this make me eligible?

Ofcourse you can use a disabled toilet. /thread
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 02:02 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 01:01 PM)Just Sean Wrote: All of the above apart from d?

I'd say this; it's the same with disabled/childrens parking bays in supermarkets.

They are there as a priority for those with a disability/child. It's not saying you can only use it if you ARE disabled.

Christ; what disability is eligible to use these toilets? Somone who voted D, please answer that.

I hate to be in agreement with C.A.R. but here i am. It's ridiculous. The disabled toilet is only different in that it offers facilities which the other toilets don't. Perhaps i need help standing up, but can walk fine; does this make me eligible?

Ofcourse you can use a disabled toilet. /thread

But C.A.R. says the opposite to what you are saying?

On another note, I have no problem with using the child parking bays. My mum always says they wern't around when I was a child, so shes making up for it now, plus I don't want people opening car doors into my car. I will continue to park in these spaces until such time as they make normal spaces wide enough for a normal car to open without hitting other peoples doors!
Thanks given by:
Umm, actually a lot of places you can't park in a disabled bay without a blue badge... Confused
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 02:13 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Umm, actually a lot of places you can't park in a disabled bay without a blue badge... Confused

Disabled/children parking; referring to supermarkets. Sorry, should have specified. Yes, council enforced disabled bays are for blud badge holders. Supermarkets have no rights (as far as im aware) on enforcing the blue badges.

(23-01-2013, 01:01 PM)Just Sean Wrote: But C.A.R. says the opposite to what you are saying?

...sorry, missed this?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 02:14 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 02:13 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Umm, actually a lot of places you can't park in a disabled bay without a blue badge... Confused

Disabled/children parking; referring to supermarkets. Sorry, should have specified. Yes, council enforced disabled bays are for blud badge holders. Supermarkets have no rights (as far as im aware) on enforcing the blue badges.

(23-01-2013, 01:01 PM)Just Sean Wrote: But C.A.R. says the opposite to what you are saying?

...sorry, missed this?

I said whatnow
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 02:14 PM)ginge191 Wrote:

...sorry, missed this?

Supermarkets can and will impose fines if you don't display a blue badge. They're non enforceable, but lots of people don't like legal battles with private parking companies, and pay the fines.

It's more a matter of morals.

As for people with no kids parking in the parent and toddler spaces (note: they aren't parent and child. No your 14 year old doesn't count as a child) they soon find a new trolley dent accidentally appearing on their lovely spanking car.

And yes there is a difference, disabled toilets are, 99% of the time, unoccupied. You can see them coming a mile off, so dash in, do your business and dash out. A parking space can be occupied for hours, you're hardly going to form an orderly queue outside it are you?

As for parking dents.. maybe if you lazy f*ckers parked in the proper spaces instead of the ones put in place in consideration of people using car seats, you wouldn't get dents from people trying to get their two year old in their car seat in a narrow space...
Thanks given by:
I strongly disagree with using it, and the thread was kind of set up in effect to not be too biased towards either opinion, you can view who voted for what though.

I disagree with it probably because of my mothers disability, which has played a massive role in my childhood.

I'm not going to judge people who think it's OK to use a provision set aside for less fortunate people, as I pity them. Well, perhaps not them, but their upbringing, which must've been pretty poor, as I learned from a very young age to respect those less fortunate than me. I would actually feel ashamed if I had made life harder for someone who was disabled, be it parking in a disabled space or using a disabled toilet when there are perfectly good amenities set aside for my use.

Sadly this remorse is not felt by all in my generation, a clear reflection on this thread.

With regards to parent and child spaces, it f*cks me off royally the inconsiderate arseholes who park there without needing access for a pushchair / buggy or childseat. 9/10 times it's pure laziness - the spaces are usually closer to the store. The other times it's by people who think their car is so precious that parking there will result in a lower chance of getting car-park dings.

Bad news.

I would deliberately target one of these arseholes cars if I saw one. I wouldn't deliberately set out to damage it, I'm not a criminal, but making life difficult for them just as they have for those who needed the parent spaces will suffice for me. Be it folding all the wingmirrors in, folding all the wipers out or otherwise. Scum!

My car cost me £1,500. Few 306s are worth more than £2k nowadays. It's not a Ferrari. If you're scared it might get scratched or dented then I've some earth-shattering news for you - driving isn't for you. Grow up. It's a car, a piece of metal. I take pride in my car, but it's no f*cking ornamental piece - it serves a purpose.

/ rant.
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 02:52 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: My car cost me £1,500. Few 306s are worth more than £2k nowadays. It's not a Ferrari. If you're scared it might get scratched or dented then I've some earth-shattering news for you - driving isn't for you. Grow up. It's a car, a piece of metal. I take pride in my car, but it's no f*cking ornamental piece - it serves a purpose.

/ rant.

Lol. Changed your tune from my project thread? Wink

I don't deliberately target these cars. I do sometimes forget to hold onto the trolley though.
Thanks given by:
if i need a shit that bad im disabled!
Thanks given by:
TBH id use the disabled toilets most of the time, they tend to be clean and actually have soap/bog paper as nobody uses them.

(23-01-2013, 11:22 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: they have these awesome metal bars that can be used to spread you legs and assist the evacuation of your bowels. Like stirrups for men.

And there was me thinking that they gave your lady friend something to hold on to on a late night, cant wait till we get home, have no money for a travel lodge session. Thats the bonus of disabled toilets, theyer bigger so theres definitely space for 2 people (or 3 if your a very lucky boy)

(23-01-2013, 02:46 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: As for people with no kids parking in the parent and toddler spaces (note: they aren't parent and child. No your 14 year old doesn't count as a child) they soon find a new trolley dent accidentally appearing on their lovely spanking car.

Haha LOL I do this all the time parking in the mother and child bays. Theres too many fat kids about and the walk would do them good. Very occasionally if its 3am and i go to Tesco and theres 50 disabled spaces free I park in one of them. Its not like 50 disabled people are gonna turn up to Tesco at 3am now is it.

Also I do kinda have a right to park in disabled spaces. Dyslexia is classed as a disability these days.
Thanks given by: