How many miles o the fuel light??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many miles o the fuel light??
i drive a 1.4 306 how many miles can you do on the fuel light?
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 03:09 AM)Welshdrg Wrote: i drive a 1.4 306 how many miles can you do on the fuel light?

About 100! ninja

Just put some fuel in you tight Arse!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
About 50 miles, its about a gallon on the fuel light iirc. But the fuel lights are about as useful as the fuel guages on 306s..........honestly a chocolate teapot functions better.... lol
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 10:14 AM)Toms306 Wrote: About 50 miles, its about a gallon on the fuel light iirc. But the fuel lights are about as useful as the fuel guages on 306s..........honestly a chocolate teapot functions better.... lol

I wouldnt push it anyway, itll drag all tge shit from the bottom of the tank through the system!
Thanks given by:
My fuel light changes dependent on gradient and curve of the road :fail:
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 10:37 AM)Oil-burner Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 10:14 AM)Toms306 Wrote: About 50 miles, its about a gallon on the fuel light iirc. But the fuel lights are about as useful as the fuel guages on 306s..........honestly a chocolate teapot functions better.... lol

I wouldnt push it anyway, itll drag all tge shit from the bottom of the tank through the system!

No it won't! I hate it when people say that. Where does the pump take the fuel from? It's not the top of the tank is it? It's the job of the fuel filter to stop crap getting to the engine.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 11:17 AM)Niall Wrote:

No it won't! I hate it when people say that. Where does the pump take the fuel from? It's not the top of the tank is it? It's the job of the fuel filter to stop crap getting to the engine.

+1

God knows where this fallacy of a fuel tank being filled with shit comes from. If the shit's there, it's there regardless of how much fuel is in it, think how much the fuel sloshes about when driving.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 11:24 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 11:17 AM)Niall Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 10:37 AM)Oil-burner Wrote: I wouldnt push it anyway, itll drag all tge shit from the bottom of the tank through the system!

+1

God knows where this fallacy of a fuel tank being filled with shit comes from. If the shit's there, it's there regardless of how much fuel is in it, think how much the fuel sloshes about when driving.

Ohhh get you!
There is still sediment in your tank, take one off, cut it open and youll see.
Even if its getting caught in the filters its blocking them up!
Just put some fuel in, job sorted!
Thanks given by:
Errr well when I took the tank off my 1.8 it was spotless inside. As Chris said, fuel sloshes about so the dirt (or lack of) will get sucked up by the pump anyway and stuck in the filter. It's a myth! Anyone that says you can damage an engine by running low on petrol is talking out of their arse and clearly does not understand basic physics!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 11:38 AM)Niall Wrote: Errr well when I took the tank off my 1.8 it was spotless inside. As Chris said, fuel sloshes about so the dirt (or lack of) will get sucked up by the pump anyway and stuck in the filter. It's a myth! Anyone that says you can damage an engine by running low on petrol is talking out of their arse and clearly does not understand basic physics!

Im not saying he'll damage the engine just clog up filters!
Makes no odds to me anyway I drive a diesel so dont empty the tank every time I go to the shops!
Thanks given by:
Hmm.........the golf tank was disgusting inside! Loads of black mouldy shite everywhere as well as grass and mud, the pump was disgusting too...maybe diesel is dirtier than petrol though?

It was that bad at the end that I didn't put the last litre or so in the other car, I know theoretically the gauze then the filter should stop anything but I didn't fancy chancing it lol.
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 11:41 AM)Oil-burner Wrote:
(23-01-2013, 11:38 AM)Niall Wrote: Errr well when I took the tank off my 1.8 it was spotless inside. As Chris said, fuel sloshes about so the dirt (or lack of) will get sucked up by the pump anyway and stuck in the filter. It's a myth! Anyone that says you can damage an engine by running low on petrol is talking out of their arse and clearly does not understand basic physics!

No I know you didn't but a lot of people do. And Tom, there was something wrong there then!
Im not saying he'll damage the engine just clog up filters!
Makes no odds to me anyway I drive a diesel so dont empty the tank every time I go to the shops!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Dont think there was anything 'wrong' as such, I assume cheap shit diesel is just less refined or whatever, I only use shell but previous owners probably used something like the rank morrisons stuff.

I've got an idea the black shite might have come from additives though, diesel redex is black.....
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2013, 11:02 AM)ginge191 Wrote: My fuel light changes dependent on gradient and curve of the road :fail:

+1. One minute can be half, next can be bellow the line with the light on.

Recording mileage and amount of fuel put in seems the most sensible option..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I can get about 40 miles with the light on but if i go right the light goes off and it tells me i have more fule lol
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
sooo il have 40miles and some extras :L
Thanks given by:
You might have 4 miles, you might have 40+.....not something I like to chance though, just stick some fuel in lol.
Thanks given by:
I found 50 was about right. Pushed it once and ran out about 50 yards downhill from the petrol station. Had it buzzing afew times when low.
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
That's a question everyone wants to know the answer to, I got 17 miles, but that was driving the streets, obviously less that way!
Thanks given by:
IIRC its actually 1.3Gallons on the fuel light but your trusting the accuracy of french electrics and whatever frenchy originally measured/calculated it. So whatever your average MPG is probably what its safe to try and get on the light.

Not in my experience, Ive seen inside several 306 tanks both petrol and diesel and they have all been pretty much spotless.
Thanks given by:
I had a 1.6 and from when the light comes on, you're pushing your luck after 25 miles!
Thanks given by: