you can shout at me........clutch adjuster?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you can shout at me........clutch adjuster?
hey all this is my first post. i have searched a fair bit, but need someone to clearify/shout.

just brought a hdi on a 'v' reg, the chap i brought the car off said the cable had snapped so he fitted a new one, i have the reciept for it, anyway the clutch bitting point is about 1 inch from the floor and the pedal rests about a nats over half way, i can lift the pedal all the way to the top with my foot/hand, and as soon as i touch it, it 'springs' back down the half way.... i tried stamping on it a few time, and nothing.........am i being dense? i was told the clutch was changed about 50k ago is is good a gold even with the rediculus biting point........cheers
Thanks given by:
How long has it been on? There's a thing on these cables that softens the pedal feel, could be seized open...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Mine comes up about an inch and a half too far past the other pedals. So its good to see than on average clutch Karma is where it should be!
Thanks given by:
clutch peddles always come up higher than the other peddles dont they?
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yes usually, can you pull pedal up nearer to yourself by hand?
if so could be knackered spring, if not something may be blocking it / bodged during fitment of new cable
Thanks given by:
the cable on the hdi are self ajusting not sure how long ago it was fitted but may get better
Thanks given by:
the cable was changed about 5 weeks ago, i need to have a good look at the pedal....now i know the adjuster is underneith ill have a look at the pedal side... cheers for the reply all.
Thanks given by:
underneath the pedal is the return spring not a ajuster the ajuster is part of the clutch cable
Thanks given by:
if the return spring was a bit fooked and wasnt pushing the pedal all the way... that wouldnt help the adjuster set itself would it?
Thanks given by:
you can unclip it and check just take the pin out the side of the spring where it attaches to the pedal and then it just pops off you should be able to see if its ok then. dont think it would be your problem though but worth a try.
Thanks given by:
Just a quick update i did a search regarding the clutch switch becuase i wanted to know why and what its for , anyway stumbled across a tread about the spring and that pug removed it on some car because it stopped the pedal fully returning, which is what i have, so tomorrow iam going to remove it and see what happens
Thanks given by:
Remove that stupid spring on the pedal yeah, sorts out loads of clutch issues I've found, always siezes up etc...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Any guides on changing a hdi clutch cable?
Thanks given by:
Yeah there is, try searching. Tongue

But seriously its really easy....unless you have air con, then it becomes impossible. Wink
Thanks given by:
Wink 
all sorted i removed the spring which, even after being told to watch out, still managed to hit me in the face Blush, but problem sorted full cluch travel and biting point now in the right place Smile, problem 1 sorted of many....
Thanks given by:
good to hear!
Thanks given by:
I might remove the spring.my biting point is way too low
Thanks given by:
do it i was amazed!!! fixed straight a
way
Thanks given by:
Where at the pedal is it, and how does it come off as i've got the same problem
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2.0 HDI Alternator belt sprung adjuster pulley bouncing. cheapo 5 1,252 12-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Poodle