What a strange way to go

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a strange way to go
New body 'liquefaction' unit unveiled in Florida funeral home

The unit by Resomation Ltd is billed as a green alternative to cremation and works by dissolving the body in heated alkaline water.

wierd! Confusedhock:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14114555
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not weird. Just efficient. Not much left after they've done an autopsy anyway.
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:Not weird. Just efficient.
i think its wierd lol, not the traditional burial or cremation
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not your normal but probably uses less energy to do it.

Just a little odd, what makes you wanna design something like that
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:
Flynn Wrote:Not weird. Just efficient.
i think its wierd lol, not the traditional burial or cremation
Be worried when they start to strip your corpse for it's meat to solve worldwide hunger issues due to over population :o They already take your organs for recyling.
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:Be worried when they start to strip your corpse for it's meat to solve worldwide hunger issues due to over population :o They already take your organs for recyling.

Only if you say they can take your organs? And so what? Your dead so you won't need them again. Don't understand why people refuse to go on the donor register. Once your dead, they might as well go to someone else if they can.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
didnt they change that die to a shortage of donors so unless you opt out your considered a donor? I know they were talking about it and tbh i think they should if they havent already.

Anyone desperate enough to want my organs is welcome to them once im dead, theyer no use to me.

(i am a donor anyway)
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:didnt they change that die to a shortage of donors so unless you opt out your considered a donor? I know they were talking about it and tbh i think they should if they havent already.

Anyone desperate enough to want my organs is welcome to them once im dead, theyer no use to me.

(i am a donor anyway)

Well I've been on the register since I was born but when I passed my driving test (3 years ago), I got a leaflet with the licence and you had to opt in then. I think it should be a opt out thing tbh.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
My body will be shipped off for medical science when I die anyway, I've said they can do what the f*ck they want to with it.

But I do think this is a really good idea to be fair, same results as cremation but much more environmentally friendly and efficient, why not?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Mate...no. You don't know what they do with the bodies. It's sick. Go on 4od and look at Gunther Von Hagens, you might want to reconsider after that.
Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:Mate...no. You don't know what they do with the bodies. It's sick. Go on 4od and look at Gunther Von Hagens, you might want to reconsider after that.

But why does it matter? If your dead, who gives a f*ck what happens to your body? You certainly won't because you'll be dead!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Flynn Wrote:Mate...no. You don't know what they do with the bodies. It's sick. Go on 4od and look at Gunther Von Hagens, you might want to reconsider after that.

for a literary genius and one full of knowledge of this context, i would have thought your knowledge was based upon extensive reading behind such issues - unlike Channel 4, a media company wishing to make £££.

Referring to my reasons for applying for the army, again, im going to make a reasonable assumption you know feck all about the government besides sceptic and conspiracy sites. Great.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Whilst i agree for what the organ donor registry stands for, i hugely disagree with how it works.

A few years ago a mother was dying of some disease or another, and her daughter had kidney problems and would die shortly after if no match was found. It was hugely unlikely a match would be found in time, so the mother said take both mine, I want my daughter to have them. Ok fair enough they said, and when the mother sadly died, the kidneys etc were removed, but went to another person instead of the daughter. The reasoning behind this being, because she was on the organ donor list they belonged to the NHS so she had no say in who they went to. The daughter died shortly after... That makes my blood boil. They couldnt even meet the dying wish of a mother.
Dont get me wrong, i agree with what its for, and members of my family wouldnt be here today if it wasnt for it, but there are some huge flaws in it as described above....
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:Whilst i agree for what the organ donor registry stands for, i hugely disagree with how it works.

A few years ago a mother was dying of some disease or another, and her daughter had kidney problems and would die shortly after if no match was found. It was hugely unlikely a match would be found in time, so the mother said take both mine, I want my daughter to have them. Ok fair enough they said, and when the mother sadly died, the kidneys etc were removed, but went to another person instead of the daughter. The reasoning behind this being, because she was on the organ donor list they belonged to the NHS so she had no say in who they went to. The daughter died shortly after... That makes my blood boil. They couldnt even meet the dying wish of a mother.
Dont get me wrong, i agree with what its for, and members of my family wouldnt be here today if it wasnt for it, but there are some huge flaws in it as described above....

Hardly call that a flaw. If everyone could say "I want my organs to go to....." then the system wouldn't work. You would have people that will never have a chance of getting a organ they need where as with the system as it is, you would have more of a chance. Other way you have to look at it is everyone's life is as important as each other.

Bet you read that story in the sun as well didn't you? lmao
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
No mate, BBC news.

So if, god forbid, your mother was struck down with a terminal illness and her dying request was to save your dad who was also dying, your telling me you wouldnt be slightly vexed by this?

Of course its not how the system works, my very point was that its wrong how it does work. At the end of the day its someones body, they should have the power to give people 'first refusal'. The same end result is still being acheived, saving lives. Just in a different order of process...

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:No mate, BBC news.

So if, god forbid, your mother was struck down with a terminal illness and her dying request was to save your dad who was also dying, your telling me you wouldnt be slightly vexed by this?

Of course its not how the system works, my very point was that its wrong how it does work. At the end of the day its someones body, they should have the power to give people 'first refusal'. The same end result is still being acheived, saving lives. Just in a different order of process...

I don't think it is wrong. If it did work the way you wanted to, then you will probably find a lot less people will get new organs.
If my parents were ill, then of course I would be upset but at the end of the day, everyone is someones son/daughter and they will mean just as much to someone else as your family do to you. Life isn't fair. Simples!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'm on the donor list............there aren't many of my organs worth salvaging though...... Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Donor list, apparently I'm on it hahaha no idea about that, but I hve a card
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
NiallHarper Wrote:I don't think it is wrong. If it did work the way you wanted to, then you will probably find a lot less people will get new organs.
If my parents were ill, then of course I would be upset but at the end of the day, everyone is someones son/daughter and they will mean just as much to someone else as your family do to you. Life isn't fair. Simples!

No less organs would be going about. Still the same amount out there, but going to different places. If i died and my organs didnt go to who i left them to in my will, I would be well pissed! ninja
And no life isnt fair, but this scenario is a little past putting it down to that. 2 people died, one needlessly...

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
2 needless deaths would've occurred anyway, you cannot place more value on one life than another . . .

. . . unless one was self inflicted then they can FOAD Tongue
Thanks given by:
I'm not on it, never really thought about it. Suppose I ought to sort it out!

As far as the original thread is concerned.. They probably said it was weird when cremation was introduced
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
tbh it doenst bother me what happends to me after iam dead, as long as i have enjoyed my life and made people happy.
my 1st girl friend died of a brain tumor 11 years ago and she opted to have her organs up for donor. a few months later after she died, a girl a year or two younger got one of her heart valves. so there is still a piece of Kristen alive and keeping some one else alive too.
Thanks given by:
Im never going to die, im off to Neverland in a few weeks, so it's all good.. But seriously lol Im more scared of getting old than dying, once I die they can do whatever... Or put me in q museum for being awesome Wink lol x
pink
Thanks given by:
I didnt tick the 'Eye' box or whatever it was. Dont quite fancy a load of students ripping open the eyes i saw everything with!

Eye transplants? lol.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
Much respect Kris my brother. I know what you mean about the eye thing bruv. The fact is, I called the phuckers up and asked them if they used the shit for experiments and whatnot but they said they didn't. I hesitated to tick that box, but as long as they are gonna help some blind person and not going to be dissected for some stupid experiment then I'm fairly happy.
Thanks given by:
They can have what they want off me, I couldn't give a shit frankly, it'll only get eaten by worms otherwise. The liver, kidneys and lungs will be pretty knackered though...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
What's wrong with using body parts to train Doctors?! They need to learn somehow and better that they're let loose on a corpse than a living person!
Thanks given by:
I quite like the idea, bit of a closet eco-warrior lol.

Must put myself on the organ donor list, keep forgetting. And that "presumed consent" thing hasn't gone through yet, i'm in full support though. I'd guess there's a lot of people like me out there that would sign up in a flash if they could just seem to remember to do it lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: