I question about ecu's

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I question about ecu's
I may be about to buy a complete set ie ecu, transponder ring, fob with chip and bsi.... I'll need it for a 110hp C5. Are there any number on the ecu ect to verify this. Whippy said if they had the security code it would say, but if they dont have it, how do I/they tell.

There's a sticker on my drivers door pillar that say's mine's the 110 model, but I wont be near a car that I'm buying the stuff from to see this. Infact, I dont have my own code
Thanks given by:
Erm... im not the best at this...

you need the right code for the right engine. There are ones with different plugs and different softwares. Youre doing the right thing by getting all of those parts. You just need to make sure the number of the ecu you are replacing is the same as the number of the ecu you are getting and installing.

I dont think its possible to say what the number is just on the fact that its a 110 number. Id say if it doesnt have the security label on it youre fairly stuffed unless youre in the know!

Not saying im right with any of this but thats the best of my knowledge!
Thanks given by:
You need the security code so you can reprogram a key to match a BSI/ECU combo that come without a key, otherwise you won't disable the immo and start the car.

As per numbers, hardware numbers ideally need to match.

Quite a lot you can get away with weird combos of all sorts and cars still work, but then other times you can't. If you want 100% good result all you need is same HW number ECU, BSI and matching key trio... simple as that really.

But since your ECU works again, you don't need to worry Big Grin

Dave
Thanks given by:
cough! siemens or Bosch system

get the correct one
Thanks given by:
if it's a three plug ecu you need to match it to the BSI with an original tester..
Thanks given by:
if you go down the second hand route ask for the VIN number from the car the ECU came From, then you can get the security code
failing that a programmer would have to read the chip and extract the code
Thanks given by: