Bulbs for Dials?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bulbs for Dials?
What bulbs does a Phase 1 DT use in the clocks/dials?

One side of my dials is illuminated, but the right hand side (with the fuel gauge etc) is not, so I need some more bulbs.

Can these be sourced from eBay or is this a Peugeot dealer jobby?

Cheers
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
You can get them from ebay mate look in the guides section for srowells guide on changing the dials the bulb type is in there

Edit : http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-9781.html
Thanks given by:
Good luck! I would suggest selling the car and buying one with bulbs that work, itll be easier than changing them....
Thanks given by:
Lol, even I can do it Chris.....how can you fail changing clocks bulbs!? Confused
Thanks given by:
I used LEDS and I just couldnt get some of them to work. I spent many hours in a hot car turning them fractionally.

Unplug dash, dash out, turn LED a fraction, dash in, plug in, light on, nothing, GRRRR, unplug dash, repeat
Thanks given by:
Oh, LEDs are shit, stick with bulbs. Wink
Thanks given by:
Where were you 9 months ago Tom

As said, I found selling my new 306 and going back to my saab easier than changing the bulb!
Thanks given by:
yep check for my guide. And they are type T5 but the fat screw ones not the long ones.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for all the replies.

Do these seem like the ones:

http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Neon_LED_Light...bulbs.html
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 07:54 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: I used LEDS and I just couldnt get some of them to work. I spent many hours in a hot car turning them fractionally.

Unplug dash, dash out, turn LED a fraction, dash in, plug in, light on, nothing, GRRRR, unplug dash, repeat

They have to be right way.
They're +/-
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
the bulbs are these 286 type ones . .Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-Red-T-5-2...3a736567b9
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Cheers Matt, but they look like the long, thin versions which S Rowell said were the wrong ones?
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 09:10 PM)Ash J Wrote: Cheers Matt, but they look like the long, thin versions which S Rowell said were the wrong ones?

they look like the one's i put in mine tbh mate . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
i know that kentiboii. theyd work in one hole but not another. then after 2 hpurs of fiddling, i got them going
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 08:48 PM)Ash J Wrote: Cheers for all the replies.

Do these seem like the ones:

http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Neon_LED_Light...bulbs.html
yes those are the ones! Big Grin

(21-01-2013, 08:54 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: the bulbs are these 286 type ones . .Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-Red-T-5-2...3a736567b9
I wouldnt get these. They are the little glass bulb that goes in the older. You may have been able to replace the bulbs in the holders on yours but I have never been able to get the bulbs out of the holders on mine! Many a time have I smashed them so tbh I would just spend the extra pennies on ones with holders!

(21-01-2013, 09:10 PM)Ash J Wrote: Cheers Matt, but they look like the long, thin versions which S Rowell said were the wrong ones?
Yeh I wouldnt recommend them! See above.
Thanks given by:
well i changed mine for those about 3 years ago and they're all still working fine . .:p . . . .i recommend a hearty dose of MTFU limpwrist . . .lol
Thanks given by:
Not limpwristed! With my bulbs which I believe to be standard you cant take the bulbs out of the holders. Maybe im wrong and its only the clock bulbs you cant remove from the holders but im pretty certain!

Also check my guide. because the dial sheet is coloured some colour bulbs wont come through properly!
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 09:53 PM)SRowell Wrote: Not limpwristed! With my bulbs which I believe to be standard you cant take the bulbs out of the holders. Maybe im wrong and its only the clock bulbs you cant remove from the holders but im pretty certain!

Also check my guide. because the dial sheet is coloured some colour bulbs wont come through properly!

i've been there got the t-shirt blah blah blah . .i don't need to read no guide fool! . .Big Grin . . . .and i've got news for you, you are limp wristed . . . lmao

red works really well . . .Wink
Thanks given by:
I might go with the holder ones just to be safe, seeing as the link I supplied gives me the option of coloured ones anyway.

I like the idea of blue to match my car, but I'm guessing the colour won't come through very well? How about white?

Matt have you got any pics of your red dials so I can get an idea?

Thanks guys
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 10:16 PM)Ash J Wrote: I might go with the holder ones just to be safe, seeing as the link I supplied gives me the option of coloured ones anyway.

I like the idea of blue to match my car, but I'm guessing the colour won't come through very well? How about white?

Matt have you got any pics of your red dials so I can get an idea?

Thanks guys
yeah i'll dig em out . .
Thanks given by:
I have loads of dials I can pull some bulbs out of and a few spares if you are struggling drop me a pm
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 09:56 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: i've been there got the t-shirt blah blah blah . .i don't need to read no guide fool! . .Big Grin . . . .and i've got news for you, you are limp wristed . . . lmao

Sorry bro I meant Ash should check the guide!

(21-01-2013, 10:16 PM)Ash J Wrote: I might go with the holder ones just to be safe, seeing as the link I supplied gives me the option of coloured ones anyway.

Thanks guys

White will just be the same as normal bulbs because the white light will come out orange or red because of the filter in the dial sheet. Blue will go through the orange and blue+orange = green! There is a way of removing the dial dye but i have no idea about that!

Red should work fine though Big Grin
Thanks given by:
haha i'm just dicking around fella . . they do come out though . .lol
Thanks given by: