Samsung S3 or iphone 5

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung S3 or iphone 5
I just got rid of the "5" to get the S3, now I'm thinking if I've did the right thing, my "old" phone's an HTC Desire S which is (to me) just right to use allbeit not the flashiest or fastest. Then I got the "5" and read a few reviews ect that the S3 was the better, so got that.

But being honest, I'll never use either (the 5 or S3...or Desire S for that matter) to their full potential as all I mainly do is tex and phone with the odd checking emails when out....

But out of these 2 in the title...which would you have if any
Thanks given by:
Htc's new one.... One X maybe? I still want an S3 atm til something newer and better comes out Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
you will not get any sort of clear answer!

buuuuut s3 wins Smile
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
S3, defo Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Or note 2 for massive screen ad double the RAM
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So why all for the S3....is it the better one

OB...I'm bad enough with this without anything bigger, as I like working with 1 hand and also hate a qwerty keyboard, that's the main reason I got rid of the 5, as it cant be changed to traditional, the S3 can
Thanks given by:
S3 all the way!
Thanks given by:
iPhone 5.

But don't try to give it a drink.

..waiting for my replacement.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Had s3 for a month and then sold it and got iPhone 5 now tbh both as good as each other really I just prefer the iPhone for size and the way it works
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 07:58 PM)stu9 Wrote: So why all for the S3....is it the better one

OB...I'm bad enough with this without anything bigger, as I like working with 1 hand and also hate a qwerty keyboard, that's the main reason I got rid of the 5, as it cant be changed to traditional, the S3 can

Theres a one hand operation setting on them so all the buttons go to one side.
Plus theres a pen so you can just scribble on it! Im using it now and its bang on!
Thanks given by:
I know, and they go to the left, I'm right handed and it's still a bit of stretch
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 10:58 PM)stu9 Wrote: I know, and they go to the left, I'm right handed and it's still a bit of stretch

They go either way mate its in the settings
Thanks given by:
Love my 5. Battery is shit though, although when you own an iPhone you learn to just have it on charge when ever you can
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 11:26 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Love my 5. Battery is shit though, although when you own an iPhone you learn to just have it on charge when ever you can

Iphone 5 aka the £500 land line!
Thanks given by:
You will never get a straight answer to this. Loads of iphone haters and loads of android haters on here. Personally id have the iphone just purely because i really dont like how poorly the samsung phones are built and that galaxy note is a f*cking joke of a phone or what ever its trying to be. You just look like a utter penis holding that to the side of your head.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 11:33 PM)Niall Wrote: You will never get a straight answer to this. Loads of iphone haters and loads of android haters on here. Personally id have the iphone just purely because i really dont like how poorly the samsung phones are built and that galaxy note is a f*cking joke of a phone or what ever its trying to be. You just look like a utter penis holding that to the side of your head.

Yeah they are big but its a inbetween a tablet and a phone, I spend more time on the internet and watching films etc than I do on the phone, im lucky if I use 60 minutes out of my 900minute allowance per month!
Plus with the way phones are going now its only a matter of time before they all get bigger anyway, they made the iphone 5 bigger. At the end of the day most people dont just use them for calling and texting anymore so tge days of tiny phones are coming to an end.
Also you can upgrade the memory and change batterys all things you should be able to do on the iphone without a masters degree!
Like I said I always had iphones before this but I didnt want a 5 because they are utter garbage so I got this. Does all the things an iphone does and more!
Imho you must be crazy to buy a 5 even over a 4s as theres no difference apart from the longer screen!
Just another apple rip off!

Dont be a sheep, get something different!
Thanks given by:
But why get something different and be a sheep like everyone else who buys android stuff?
And changing a iphone battery is a piece of piss and takes about 2 minutes. Not that it matters because apple replace them for free (or cheap if its stupidly outside the battery warranty) anyway.
If you want something to surf the net, text and watch movies, buy a tablet. Dont buy a phone thats too big to be practical and makes you look like a idiot and too small to be any good at being a tablet!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2013, 11:56 PM)Niall Wrote: But why get something different and be a sheep like everyone else who buys android stuff?
And changing a iphone battery is a piece of piss and takes about 2 minutes. Not that it matters because apple replace them for free (or cheap if its stupidly outside the battery warranty) anyway.
If you want something to surf the net, text and watch movies, buy a tablet. Dont buy a phone thats too big to be practical and makes you look like a idiot and too small to be any good at being a tablet!

Apple stuff is ok if you have everything else apple, otherwise theres no advantage to them.
Having an iphone is like the dick head chav down the road with a mk4 golf with replica rs8 wheels. Just another dick in a mk4 golf ( sorry tom)
Yeah they used to be in the old 3gs' s and 4's but still stupid that you have to completely disassemble the phone to change the battery, especially when they are renowned for being shit!
Apple are loosing the smartphone battle because they refuse to step forward, just so they can bring out an s version within 12 months with hardly any different features!

Why have a tablet when my phone does exactly the same thing only quicker?
Mate I look a dick anyway, the size of my phone is the least of my worries! Lol
There is a smaller version anyway, the s3!

#dontbelievethehype
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2013, 12:15 AM)Oil-burner Wrote: Apple are loosing the smartphone battle because they refuse to step forward, just so they can bring out an s version within 12 months with hardly any different features!

There is no battle, Apple don't need to step forward, they have built an epic phone that is so simple to use. Iphone 5 is a big step from the 4 in terms of processor speed etc, it's amazingly quick, no lag atall. Jailbreak it & its an even better phone.

ps. I heard chuck norris has an iphone..
Thanks given by:
I love my S3...

but its too slow to compete with the i5 I think...but the cost of an i5 over a s3 shows that.

You also have to have a cover with the s3 as when placed down it rests on the cam lense...so it gets bit chunky for some pockets.

The s3 video/pic quality is way above i5.

and you can get mini usb docks for the s3 now to give great audio out for car/home to compete.

I wouldnt change my s3 for a i5 but I would like more ram
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I currently have a iPhone 4S. Which ill admit if you want simplicity they're great! They quick enough to do what you want. Camera is very good too!
Then the iPhone 5 came out and all they change was processor from a3 to a3+, bit more ram, hd recording and larger screen. Which is why I chose against them!
My mrs got one at end of her contract which I strangely advised her not to as she paying £45 for a phone that's same as mine that she could of bad for £30. I recommended her to get the s3 but she said she doesn't wanna get a phone she doesn't know... Fair enough.

After a month with the iPhone 5 she now says that she wishes shed listened to me and got a s3 or just the 4s. Becuase she agrees there's not difference between them. Sometimes my 4s can also be faster than her 5.

So yeah if you want the 5. Save your money get the 4s.
My next phone will be note 2
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Interesting reading Kent...

I just prefer the size of the "5" compared to the S3.....having said that, someone's offered a 4s for mine (S3)....it'd be daft to swap wouldnt it
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2013, 01:14 PM)stu9 Wrote: Interesting reading Kent...

I just prefer the size of the "5" compared to the S3.....having said that, someone's offered a 4s for mine (S3)....it'd be daft to swap wouldnt it

End of the day mate. It's your choice what you preferre.
I like the iPhones I have nothing against them. I had the first one imported from America and loved it! Had the "s" versions ever since.
But for me the "5" just isn't worth the hassle when now it really is no different. Put the iOS update on the 4s and its the same.
I'm going for android next as I like the torque app. Plus I don't use my laptop any more because everything I do I can do on my phone. So that's my reason to going to the note 2 for the bugger screen! Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nexus 4!
I own an iPhone, I'm just being controversially....
and getting my post count up Smile
Thanks given by:
wildcard! i have a nokia lumia 820 (windowsphone 8)
and i find its a good ix between androids open-ness and modification and iphones speed and stability!

apps are abit lacking but pretty much all the top ones are there (no instagram or natwest app atm) nokia drive and music are great though. give one a try!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me chose a iPhone 5S dash mount silverzx 17 3,110 09-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Last Post: silverzx
  samsung s3 mini tysonbully2k12 23 6,477 29-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  Samsung NC10 Repair Eeyore 5 1,666 12-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Eeyore