Clutch and Accelerator Cables

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch and Accelerator Cables
Picked up a Phase 1 D Turbo on the weekend, and the only problems I have noticed is the clutch and accelerator pedals are quite stiff!

I have had a Phase 1 D Turbo in the past, and that also had a stiff clutch, I know it can be quite common with them. Would it just be a case of replacing the clutch cable, should this help?

More importantly, I have never had a stiff accelerator pedal before. I wouldn't say it's quite a case of 'all or nothing', but it is certainly not nice to use! Can be difficult to accelerate from say 60 on the motorway. I am guessing that a new accelerator cable would sort this out?

How easy is it to fit a new accelerator cable?

Thanks for any help guys.

Ash
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
I've owned 4 d turbos up to now and all of them have had heavy clutch pedals,I tried changing the clutch cable and it does make it better but they are still heavy, check the route of the throttle cable and renew and that should sort that.

I'll be interested to see what other people have done to sort the heavy clutch pedal,suppose it could be a worn pressure plate I guess in that case it's a new clutch.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you need both new cables. Accelerator is just undo and remove the white clip at the top of the pedal then yank from the engine side. And i have no idea on clutch cables :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
When I bought my d turbo I had same problem after a fair bit of stick the acclerator cable snaped fitted a new one what a difference it made so light to use now, and was same with clutch all though that didnt snap I changed it before it did but when I changed it made the pedal nice and light.

Thanks given by:
Change the fork arm bushes in the box. It's a box off job tho
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accelerator cable devils_fuel 7 2,388 19-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  Accelerator cable Chris_90 8 2,459 24-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Last Post: CJ_Derv
  Accelerator pedal stiff Bananalad 8 3,078 03-12-2012, 07:40 PM