Power figures ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power figures ?
Right so I've ordered my boost gauge gonna do a basic stage one tune on it, few questions I'm running a Bosch and a t2

Am I right in thinking reduce off boost fuel on boost compensator and screwing max fuel in until slight smoke on boost then backing off slightly, then adjusting waste gate until I'm seeing roughly 18psi?
What power roughly would I achieve from this. And is the boost compensator just reducing off boost smoke

Thanks
Thanks given by:
id guess you would see about 130bhp

boost compensator adjustment if done properly will aid off boost smoke but will increase fuel on boost so more power. very handy little thing really Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah smoke doesn't bother me if I have to produce loads of smoke to make decent power just from playing with pump that's fine after all it's not costing anything and I'm not looking to make more than say 120 but 130 would be nice
Thanks given by:
ideally you would be looking for as little smoke as possible when on boost, coal when its starting to spool then more coal when you lift off.
this is achievable with lots of trial and error Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Ideal thanks for the heads up, just making sure I had a slight idea on what I was doing , and I think I was right I've done it before on a Lucas which seems to be harder anyway
Thanks given by:
yeah, lucas pumps are shite in comparison to a bosch in terms of easy tunability
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Wind the compensator out as far as it will go to allow the pin as much travel as possible. Then set the max fuel as you have already described and you may find you are already making 18psi but I would turn the turbo up a bit more to around 20-22psi, just dont hoone it off the line too much while there is no airflow on the tmic. As said this should see you around 130bhp
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Remember if it's smoking a lot on boost it's really not good. High EGT's are very bad.
Thanks given by: