doing 110mph sitting still!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
doing 110mph sitting still!
As you guys know french electrics are s***, well i have this problem that when i turn my wipers on automatic all my dials except my temp dial all shoot up to 110mph/4500rpm and a full tank of fuel! dont mind the fuel guage tho lol

but if the wipers are just on normal or fast it doesn't do it!

any ideas?? its a pain in the arse!
Thanks given by:
Check the earth by the accelerator pedal first. Sounds earth related!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
wish mine went up to 110 haha
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hah odd one but yes as niall says sounds earth related

If its of any interest, if your battery is dying then the dials will do that sweep on startup but only for a second
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
nah battery is fine it does it when im going along in the rain but illl check the earth now! cheers
Thanks given by:
my speedo started playing up, when driving it would flicker from like 30 to 100 to 10 to what ever, then sometimes not work at all.. but that was just the speedo... i read up on it and people said it was the earth etc etc, i tested the speedometer sensor and it was giving out a good voltage, but i changed it and its never gone wrong since... so even though it was working when i tested it, something internally on it was playing up...

but yours seems more like something electrical if they are all going crazy
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
sure its not just epic boost kicking in?
Thanks given by:
haha i wish it was epic boost kicking in! its pretty standard atm... remap tomorrow tho. and yeah dont think its the speedo it doesnt do it unless the wipers are on ill try and get a video tomorrow
Thanks given by:
Gearbox earth quite common to fail with similar problems
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Check the cables going from the engine to the earth point just infront of the battery box and the battery to the chassis...

Exactly what mine did when one of the cables was getting dodgy.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
cheers ruan me and darren checked them yesterday and they all seem fine bloody thing!
Thanks given by:
Have you tried simply a different battery?

Often does it if your battery is on it's way out... They go to 110 when they lose power and they're trying to move, as they have to recalibrate, so it's definitely a power issue somewhere.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
it only does it when the automatic wipers are on or when i push down on the wiper switch to activate them once and its not all the time
Thanks given by:
Just rename the wiper stalk "hyperspace stalk" and see the mot tester take it for a test drive Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
lol i wish it was that simple to fix!
Thanks given by: