Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
So I heard you like your Head Gaskets well done?
#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbOXPFN0m1Y
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#2
Lol whoops :-P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#3
Ruan, how have you made a video of my header tank?? lol

Oh wait, its not orange enough for it to be mine Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#4
Mine all goes into a can of 'ting, so it can be poured back in when it boils over due to air locking next!!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#5
Ruan Wrote:Mine all goes into a can of 'ting, so it can be poured back in when it boils over due to air locking next!!!

Bahahaha................awesome idea, Darren suggested just using a roundup can in the boot with a lift pump connected to top the header tank up Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#6
I still want to do a Roundup Can header tank!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#7
Ruan mate, I think your HG might be going...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#8
Seriously I couldnt beleive the amount of orange in marks engine bay!!! ruan dont youf ucking dare use that head on your new engine build...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
#9
Dave Wrote:Seriously I couldnt beleive the amount of orange in marks engine bay!!! ruan dont youf ucking dare use that head on your new engine build...

Just living up to the sig mate 8-)


lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#10
If i pull up at lights after boostin' people shit themselves as the engine bay looks like its about to catch fire with all the steam.

That, or i get the look of pitty.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
#11
Turbo sounds epic tho
#12
Why do people keep telling me how good XUDs are if you've all got blown headgaskets...........I could buy a petrol TU if I wanted a blown hg..... Tongue
#13
Toms306 Wrote:Why do people keep telling me how good XUDs are if you've all got blown headgaskets...........I could buy a petrol TU if I wanted a blown hg..... Tongue

Maybe because it's a heavily modified XUD running more than double stock power? Just like almost all the other blown HGs on here? Why do you keep telling us PDs are so good if a clutch change costs as much as 2 decent D-Turbos? Honestly Tom, you come out with some shite.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#14
THE_Liam Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Why do people keep telling me how good XUDs are if you've all got blown headgaskets...........I could buy a petrol TU if I wanted a blown hg..... Tongue

Maybe because it's a heavily modified XUD running more than double stock power? Just like almost all the other blown HGs on here? Why do you keep telling us PDs are so good if a clutch change costs as much as 2 decent D-Turbos? Honestly Tom, you come out with some shite.

You NEED to take my posts less seriously Liam. :roll:
#15
Toms306 Wrote:You NEED to take my posts less seriously Liam. :roll:


You need to stop posting crap in decent threads.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
#16
darrenjlobb Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:You NEED to take my posts less seriously Liam. :roll:


You need to stop posting crap in decent threads.

What Darren said. You wonder why you annoy people and get yourself a reputation Tom? You dont help yourself mate...
#17
As said above pal, it's not me who NEEDS to do anything different Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#18
Christ, I take it banters not allowed in this forum now either.... Confusedhock: :roll:
#19
Banter is slating 306s on a forum for 306s when you own a different car...

There's banter, and taking the piss. Fine line between the two.

I'm fully aware of how "shit" my car is, but end of the day, it's 175hp, it's been already significantly more reliable than your Golf, it handles better and it's been done in a shed on a shoestring - the most I've ever spent on a performance component is £120 - for a turbo...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#20
You still need to take me/my posts less seriously....I never slated your car at all....just seems funny that people are always telling me how reliable xuds are yet I read this thread to find several of the xuds with blown hgs lol. And there's no need to bring the golf into this, were all aware how shit that is. lol

For the record....I actually like your car...despite it being a 'shit' ph2 dt.....
#21
Toms306 Wrote:You still need to take me/my posts less seriously....I never slated your car at all....just seems funny that people are always telling me how reliable xuds are yet I read this thread to find several of the xuds with blown hgs lol. And there's no need to bring the golf into this, were all aware how shit that is. lol

For the record....I actually like your car...despite it being a 'shit' ph2 dt.....

Don't think anyone says tuned dturbos with big turbos are reliable, standard ones yes but modified cars that are reliable are very rare!
On the 306 waiting list.
#22
Toxic-Jake Wrote:Don't think anyone says tuned dturbos with big turbos are reliable, standard ones yes but modified cars that are reliable are very rare!

This, mine blew for 2 reasons. 1. It is a wearable part that after 130k it has done pretty well. 2. I am chucking 30 psi down the inlet, combine that with already high cylinder pressures its gona start finding the week links.

Either way epic way to go ruan. Wish I got a vid but I bottled it and wanted to shut it off asap!!!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
#23
I hear SRowell hates your car Ruan. Go figure...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
#24
Ed Doe Wrote:I hear SRowell hates your car Ruan. Go figure...

Repped! Oh....
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#25
Toms306 Wrote:You still need to take me/my posts less seriously....I never slated your car at all....just seems funny that people are always telling me how reliable xuds are yet I read this thread to find several of the xuds with blown hgs lol. And there's no need to bring the golf into this, were all aware how shit that is. lol

For the record....I actually like your car...despite it being a 'shit' ph2 dt.....

Stop posting....shhhh....zip.....

Your just annoying me / people....if you have something on topic to say then say it, elsewise, dont bother....


Back on topic...

For the reference, Ruan literally drove back to Cornwall / came over to mine with it like that lol, coolant hissing, get on, be reet... and hey Tom, I bet Ruans car is more reliable with a popped gasket than yours is Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
#26
Ed Doe Wrote:I hear SRowell hates your car Ruan. Go figure...
lmao

Also Niall FYC! Been working on the forum all evening!
#27
It's got a ginger engine bay?

Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#28
That is brilliant anyone else would be crying over a blown hg but not you, I love the rawness of the xud Smile
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
#29
Gotta love the XUD9...

Over 100% stock torque figure and only now is the head lifting... At least my crank is still attached to the block unlike it would be in a VW...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#30
I'm thinking of how I can get rid of this vag crap and get another 306 to be honest. Speaking from experience, newer vag cars are shite. Unless its a mk3 Golf or older, avoid.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help sourcing gaskets... doogle-d turbo 6 4,859 17-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  where the best place to buy head gaskets daniel909 20 8,102 12-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Last Post: londondan86
  Head gaskets David 5 3,395 18-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Dave

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)