air bag fault

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
air bag fault
drivers module trigger open circuit, have tried another clock sppring on it and its not the connections under the seat. any ideas?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2017, 06:05 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: drivers module trigger open circuit, have tried another clock sppring on it and its not the connections under the seat. any ideas?

I had this on my silver 306. Turned out to be the rotary switch behind the steering wheel.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
Yeah which is the clock spring/rotary switch same thing. May have to buy one then to get a proven result the one i had has sat about for 3 years dont even know where it came from lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Right so this is an update. Even if you dont want it, if someone looks in the futre and wants to know its documented. In may this fault kept occuring on my car. Kept saying rotary switch. It would take pp2k to knock the light out last a few days then it would return. Ive seriously got fed up with it finally and done my job and foxed it properly. So i pulled the dadh fascia to bits added a resistor in (from cully on here) still the same fault. This means airbag and rotary switch are ok. Next i trace the wires back to the airbag ecu with multimeter and with the connector off. Seems to be a few inconistances in what i thought there would be. So i rummage round in the dash tracing wires to find out where it is thinkong there must be another connector somewhere. Turns out there is!! Behind the fuse box there are two air bag connectors. A red one nd an orange one. Took apart cleaned and back together now the fault is all fixed properly. I didnt want to pop the airbag light as i am clearly getting older and value them a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that heads up, ours doesn't have that problem yet and I live in hope ( and die in caergwyrle ) .
Thanks given by: