Body repair shops near me :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body repair shops near me :(
so as per the title,
does anyone know of a good place to go for a minor collision repair?

Because some twunt in a hurry clipped my O/S-R door & wheel-arch lip yesterday. Censored

have swapped details, & he admitted liability + have witness mobi num.

pictures up later.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Yes, if you still live where I dropped you a strut brace these guys are good and I used them a couple of years ago:

http://oxfordcrashrepairs.co.uk/home

They were willing to use 2nd hand panels that I supplied after buying them cheap on forums etc. Owner was really reasonable and willing to negotiate RE: 2nd hand panels, fitting work around his other work etc.

Give him a ring/bring the car to him to have a look etc. From memory as mine was not driveable he came to me and assessed the vehicle's required repairs.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: Magenta Sunset
(18-10-2016, 11:17 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Yes, if you still live where I dropped you a strut brace these guys are good and I used them a couple of years ago:

http://oxfordcrashrepairs.co.uk/home

They were willing to use 2nd hand panels that I supplied after buying them cheap on forums etc. Owner was really reasonable and willing to negotiate RE: 2nd hand panels, fitting work around his other work etc.

Give him a ring/bring the car to him to have a look etc. From memory as mine was not driveable he came to me and assessed the vehicle's required repairs.

that is fantastic. many thanks! Smile
next, contact insurer - - -
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
If the insurance is sorting it, won't they just use their own, approved repairers? If his insurance is paying then why not just hand over the vehicle and get it back all done, no hassle nor expense to yourself?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
pretty much my plan. hope I get my excess covered too.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Then you won't need to choose a crash repair place? Or is this as a backup?

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2016, 05:07 PM)RetroPug Wrote: Then you won't need to choose a crash repair place? Or is this as a backup?

my insurer (broker) has said their repair agent will contact me soon.
wheels are in motion, 3rd party admitted liability & swapped details.
but - - - should I need body work in the future, then a recommendation is always a better bet.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
short update to this - -
waiting on insurers pet repair centre to follow up on estimating
HOWEVER,- - -
local repairers;
these businesses no longer do body repairs.
Oxford/Oxon Crash Repairs, Pony Road Ind Est. (only wheel work)
Drewitts, Old Road, Shotover, Oxford.
Groom & Hornsby, Oxford Road, Cowley, Oxford. (now Trading as paint suppliers).
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
so, quick update;
the damage assessor is coming on Tuesday, and, depending on the outcome, I may need a "Plan B".
the area to repair is as pictured.
apologies for the upside-down, pix from iPhone.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
If it is bodywork damage, why not accept the full value write off, put it through another MOT and then keep the change?

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
once I've had the decision from the insurer, then I can move fwd.
if it goes that way, I will. at which point i'll be seeking help for a diy repair.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: