Bought another car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought another car
Decided to buy mt latest car pre crashed to save me the effort of doing it.

Late 2004 "blob eye" WRX estate (225bhp)

It's cos I love Japanese 4x4s so much

Plans are keeping it for 2 months then getting bored and buying something else, obviously.
Thanks given by:
April 1st, seems legit...
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You'd never spend almost 2 grand on a car that will need to be jigged as well as a load of panel work, airbags and a windscreen. evar.
Thanks given by:
APril fools... tempted to close the thread seeing as it was blatantly obvious from the start.
Thanks given by:
Wagon not estate Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Its actually not an aprils fools, or if it is ive been sorting out parts for it for some time under false pretenses and i'll be invoicing chris for my time & effort
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2016, 09:32 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Its actually not an aprils fools, or if it is ive been sorting out parts for it for some time under false pretenses and i'll be invoicing chris for my time & effort

FFS Matt! I was going to see if anyone else was gonna join Danny, Jordan and Sam in this years list of fools.

And yes, for anyone now reading this I have actually bought that Subaru, I was saving posting on here till today as I knew I'd get a load of you as fools as you wouldn't believe it.
Thanks given by:
so we are a fool for calling you out on something which was actually real.... im not sure thats exactly how april fools works...
but congrats on buying a broken car anyway. It will be interesting to see how broken this is and how much more broken you can make it!
Thanks given by:
Wonder what I'd pay for that... £400?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
What are they worth not written off if that was £1900 in the state it's in now?!

I'm interested to see how you get on with it but for gods sake don't bodge it, it's not the sort of car you'd be likely to break for parts when you're done so it has to be a good repair, that inner chassis leg would definitely need to be jigged properly if it's salvageable. I can't for a second think it's purely a bonnet/bumper/wing/headlight job by the impact it's had
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2016, 09:54 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: What are they worth not written off if that was £1900 in the state it's in now?!

I'm interested to see how you get on with it but for gods sake don't bodge it, it's not the sort of car you'd be likely to break for parts when you're done so it has to be a good repair, that inner chassis leg would definitely need to be jigged properly if it's salvageable. I can't for a second think it's purely a bonnet/bumper/wing/headlight job by the impact it's had

This is Chris. It's gonna get a rope tied to a tree and nothing less.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Either way, what are the bets for how long this will last then 2 months? 6 months?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Before him crashing it or before it crashes him?

I guess the result is pretty similar...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2016, 09:50 AM)Eeyore Wrote: so we are a fool for calling you out on something which was actually real.... im not sure thats exactly how april fools works...
but congrats on buying a broken car anyway. It will be interesting to see how broken this is and how much more broken you can make it!
Yes, that's part of the rules of April fools.
Branding a genuine story as false makes you the fool.

(01-04-2016, 09:54 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: What are they worth not written off if that was £1900 in the state it's in now?!

I see you obviously saw the advert for it. Do you think I paid nearly two grand for that, you'd have to be mental to pay that much. For what Subarus seem to break for actually I could make money off breaking it especially with the rare colour.

Anyway I have actually been to look at this and spent ages measuring it up as best as I could and as far as I am concerned there is nothing structural bent on it, The outer edge of the inner wing is ruined for about the first 6 inches but I can just weld a new section on

(01-04-2016, 09:58 AM)silverzx Wrote: This is Chris. It's gonna get a rope tied to a tree and nothing less.
You know me so well. I strongly doubt it's gonna need it but if it does I have a huge tree in my garden.

(01-04-2016, 10:22 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Either way, what are the bets for how long this will last then 2 months? 6 months?
As the original post mate, 2 months.

(01-04-2016, 10:26 AM)Ruan Wrote: Before him crashing it or before it crashes him?

I guess the result is pretty similar...
Yeah but I'm insured up to my eyeballs so there is a few people who would benefit from my untimely death.
Thanks given by:
Insured up to the eyeballs because anything above them isn't worth anything?

Tongue
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2016, 11:55 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(01-04-2016, 09:58 AM)silverzx Wrote: This is Chris. It's gonna get a rope tied to a tree and nothing less.
You know me so well. I strongly doubt it's gonna need it but if it does I have a huge tree in my garden.

Meh, works on my cars.  Rofl
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2016, 01:14 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Insured up to the eyeballs because anything above them isn't worth anything?

Tongue
That's the one.

(01-04-2016, 01:57 PM)silverzx Wrote:

Meh, works on my cars.  Rofl
Indeed. Pikeyness FTW
Thanks given by:
(01-04-2016, 09:50 AM)Eeyore Wrote: so we are a fool for calling you out on something which was actually real.... im not sure thats exactly how april fools works...
Yes, that's part of the rules of April fools.
Branding a genuine story as false makes you the fool.

Exactly this. Read a book ffs. Tongue
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I hate all scoobydoos...

But I do love the wagon in this colour lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2016, 09:07 PM)Piggy Wrote: I hate all scoobydoos...

But I do love the wagon in this colour lol

I can see reasons to dislike them but TBH the stereotypical people who own them irk me more.

(That said watch me now turn it into a very poor rally rep, buy a whole wardrobe of subaru clothing, start quoting colin mcrae, race round council estates at 3am with the loudest exhaust/dump valve combo possible and then crash into a bollard (OK I have form on the last bit)) LOL
Thanks given by:
Wellllll... If in doubt, Flat out!
Thanks given by:
I want one of these quite a lot.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Well, I know who to call for a gram of baking powder now  Rofl

Seriously though, these are awesome things on the right road, but the fuel is eye-watering, even for something with that kind of power. Lad I work with went from one of these to a 4.6 P38 Range Rover and he's no worse off!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 09:39 AM)RetroPug Wrote: I want one of these quite a lot.
I'll take you out if I keep it long enough. Pugfest maybe?

(03-04-2016, 04:03 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Seriously though, these are awesome things on the right road, but the fuel is eye-watering, even for something with that kind of power. Lad I work with went from one of these to a 4.6 P38 Range Rover and he's no worse off!

Yeah the book figures look pretty bad and nobody gets book figures but it's understandable; full time 4wd, wide tyres, 17 cats to fight the exhaust out through and a relatively short gearbox. Still, V Power is less than £1.10/l and I don't exactly have any expenses (like a wife, kids or a coke habit)
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 04:37 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
I'll take you out if I keep it long enough. Pugfest maybe?)

I'd like a piece of that @ pugfest if pos Chris. Often thought about one of these myself if the load sill is low enough for the dog!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 04:46 PM)Orta Wrote:

I'd like a piece of that @ pugfest if pos Chris. Often thought about one of these myself if the load sill is low enough for the dog!

I can't believe you'd get back in a car with me after last year lol Rofl
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 04:46 PM)Orta Wrote:

Cool cheers.
I've been toying with the idea of a scooby if/when I ever stop doing 50 miles a day and 150 most weekends.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Smane.. if it isn't the Sti get the sti ball bearing turbo on it, get the cooling sorted and don't tune it unless you want to hear the piston slapping around in cylinder 2
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(05-04-2016, 08:17 PM)toseland Wrote: Smane.. if it isn't the Sti get the sti ball bearing turbo on it,  get the cooling sorted and don't tune it unless you want to hear the piston slapping around in cylinder 2

Which STi ball bearing turbo though?
There is one of the twin scroll VF turbos on ebay at the moment with the manifold and sump but it's £1200, that's just a tad much.

There is no point changing turbos as I'm only insured for 300bhp and the TD04 will do 300bhp on a good day
Thanks given by:
Man why didn't you buy this earlier !

We binned so many parts off when the dealership was taken over in Feb
Most just got weighed in, alloys , turbos, manifolds the lot

I do have a very nice Subaru polo shirt though
Genuine item from a dealership
Thanks given by: