A little help with some lights please!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little help with some lights please!
Good morning everyone! I'd  like  to ask you for some help, please. So, on Wednesday I started taking out the dashboard in my ph1 306 (which is quite a pain) to change the the heater radiator, it took me the hole day and part of Thursday as well as it was the first time I've ever done anything like it, I changed the radiator for a new one and put everything back together yesterday and everything (but two things)  is working, and those two things are the speedo and rev counter back light and also the air controls back light, does anybody know why? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Recheck your plugs, bound to be something not quite plugged in right.
Quite likely the dimmer switch on the little panel to right of steering column
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: thecrab
yeh thats a good shout piggy. id be surprised if the dash lights worked without the dimmer light as that controls the brightness. If its not plugged in youll have a break in the circuit id imagine and then they wouldnt work.
(13-02-2016, 09:36 AM)Piggy Wrote: Recheck your plugs, bound to be something not quite plugged in right.
Quite likely the dimmer switch on the little panel to right of steering column

On the left of his steering wheel Wink

Check the dimmer. Can also confirm the actual switch its self isnt faulty buy unplugging it and bridging the cables on the plug.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks, but I don't have any switches anywhere haha, and by searching "306 dimmer switch" and looking at the images I don't have one of those.
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2016, 12:58 PM)thecrab Wrote: Thanks,  but I don't have any switches anywhere haha, and by searching "306 dimmer switch" and looking at the images I don't have one of those.

Ok. The wiring is usualy still there..The blank sometimes will have pins on it make a connection n thus full brightness
Wishes for more power...
Ohhhh my, don't tell me it's two very thin wires, one white and one orange
Thanks given by:
More than likely.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks guys, I'll try not to go bonkers about it ?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2016, 02:16 PM)thecrab Wrote: Ohhhh my, don't tell me it's two very thin wires, one white and one orange

Yup...thats them
Wishes for more power...
Today I looked for those cables, found them and shorted them, everything is back to normal, thanks!
Thanks given by:
Glad its sorted for you, but may I ask, I know yours is l/h/drive, is there a earth point on both sides of the car, in the bonnet release handle area?? I have tried to zoom in to see for myself but no joy.

The pug spec sheet seems to show and earth point on both sides of the passenger cabin, one is easy to find, the one by the bonnet release handle, but I cannot find the one on the passenger side. r/h/drive model.  the diagram shows No.9 by bonnet release, and No.10 in a similar area the passenger side of the cabin.  see very recent earth points thread.

[Image: earthpoints.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wow, what is that program? No, mine is a phase 1 dturbo Spanish 306, so yes l/h/drive, but I took out the hole dashboard and the was only one earth point where the bonnet opener pulley thing a thick wire put together with a smaller one, both yellow with green stripes or viceversa screwed to the chassis by the foot well, as I can see you're checking the hdi one, maybe piggy or someone else could help you out
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Instrument lights, dash lights not working boggs 3 2,441 26-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Odometer lights and clock lights inop bashbarnard 3 2,130 23-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Last Post: DarkInferno
  N/S Brake lights/Side Lights not working Grant 10 3,180 18-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Grant