tyres

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tyres
right o lads, what the best tyres you lads run on the 15" rims?  as my 306 is in need of a set of 5, ( spare is flat )  I am running on a set of bridge stones, I cannot remember the model, a they were the newer versions of the 1st set of bridge stones I bought. I am looking at firestones as I run these on the metro and they can get the power down in the wet.
I am not a tight arse when it comes to tyres, as that is the only thing that is keeping you on the road. Even though my rears are ok, I want to replace all 4 and change my spare tyre too to match, As that tyre has had it tbh.
Only problem I have, is getting some where to balance these, as no where bloody supports the non centre wheels. Kwik fit does or did, and I am not going to mess about taking the car two different garages, as I don't really have the time now. I was going to get ETyres to come out, as they did the metros tyres for me.
Thanks given by:
I'm needing tyres for mine too, after some research I'm fairly set on Falken ZE914's. I've had them in the past, were very good, and reviews are still fairly good especially considering their price.
Thanks given by:
If you want good wet grip and okay dry grip then Uniroyal Rainsport 3s are dirt cheap and are great in the wet. In the dry they're midrange.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Pilot sport 3
AD08r

/Thread
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
"round & black" Rofl
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
here we go......
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2016, 06:55 PM)Dazecoop Wrote: I'm needing tyres for mine too, after some research I'm fairly set on Falken ZE914's. I've had them in the past, were very good, and reviews are still fairly good especially considering their price.

I will have a look at those,

(06-01-2016, 07:28 PM)RetroPug Wrote: If you want good wet grip and okay dry grip then Uniroyal Rainsport 3s are dirt cheap and are great in the wet. In the dry they're midrange.

I did look at those, but I am sure a few people on here or on the other forum, said that those were not as good. I am sure some one nearly binned the car with them on?? if I am right.
I will still check what those are like compared to the Falken ZE914's

(06-01-2016, 08:03 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: "round &  black" Rofl

i was waiting for that one, to pop up! you win a prize Tongue
Thanks given by: Magenta Sunset
This has been covered sooooo many times....
Michelin PS3 /Thread.
Thanks given by:
got loads at work still wouldnt use them lol
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2016, 08:50 PM)Stef205 Wrote: got loads at work still wouldnt use them lol

is that Michelin?
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2016, 07:35 PM)adam b Wrote: Pilot sport 3
AD08r

/Thread

This. Can  i lock this thread now? lol

(06-01-2016, 08:50 PM)Stef205 Wrote: got loads at work still wouldnt use them lol

Course you wouldn't because you think you're better than everyone else Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2016, 08:30 PM)procta Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 06:55 PM)Dazecoop Wrote: I'm needing tyres for mine too, after some research I'm fairly set on Falken ZE914's. I've had them in the past, were very good, and reviews are still fairly good especially considering their price.

(06-01-2016, 07:28 PM)RetroPug Wrote: If you want good wet grip and okay dry grip then Uniroyal Rainsport 3s are dirt cheap and are great in the wet. In the dry they're midrange.

I did look at those, but I am sure a few people on here or on the other forum, said that those were not as good. I am sure some one nearly binned the car with them on?? if I am right.

i'll take a cuppa! Big Grin
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2016, 09:04 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:

well you know where the kettle, cups, tea, coffee and milk is Tongue Anyone else want a brew, as Magenta is offering, give him a PM on what you want.
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2016, 09:07 PM)procta Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 09:04 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:

well you know where the kettle, cups, tea, coffee and milk is Tongue Anyone else want a brew, as Magenta is offering, give him a PM on what you want.
and there was me thinking it was you that was offering! whistle
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:

No tyre will replace a complete lack of talent.
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2016, 11:37 AM)tigerstyle Wrote:

No tyre will replace a complete lack of talent.

Sadly this is definitely true!

However, even with my lack of talent, Dunlop Sport BluResponse seem to do well. Wet grip easily matches the RS3s but has a stiffer sidewall, better dry grip and last longer too. They're in no way 'blu' though, thats my only critisism.
Thanks given by:
I love the Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance. Loads of grip in the wet, quiet on the motorway and seem to make the ride a bit better to.
Thanks given by:
Slighty o/t but I know a guy who's got a shed load of part worn PS'3 for sale
Thanks given by: