Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Lack of power... Turbo problem maybe?
#1
Haven't drove my hdi in a couple of months. Had the timing belt and full service done on it yesterday as I'm planning on driving it regularly again. I've realised that the car hasn't got the pull in it that it used to anymore.

It's really obvious that the power isn't the same as it used to be when pulling onto carriage ways from slip roads or over taking, feels a lot like a non turbo now.

Is this likely to be a split pipe or something else? I can't hear the turbo whistling either. Other than this car is sweet as a nut, not smoking and it's ticking over fine.

Any ideas?

Just over 120k on the clock if that's of any help
#2
Uplug the MAF mate, give it a spin. If its better, then its that Wink
Its a common thing you're describing, if it is the MAF (plug on air filter box) it'll run a bit smokey unplugged, but replacing it would get rid of that and make the mpg a bit better too Wink
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
#3
Timing out after the belt change?
#4
£60+ for a genuine one, thats the better option as they last a bit longer. If you have a standard air filter, you're alright, if you have a cone/oil(K&N) filter...sack it off and go back to standard Wink

(22-09-2015, 09:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Timing out after the belt change?

Ah, true. I was assuming the timing was done by an experienced mechanic...but some suck ass!

but the overtaking issue sounds MAF too Confused
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
#5
(22-09-2015, 08:59 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: Uplug the MAF mate, give it a spin. If its better, then its that Wink
Its a common thing you're describing, if it is the MAF (plug on air filter box) it'll run a bit smokey unplugged, but replacing it would get rid of that and make the mpg a bit better too Wink

Will give this a go tomorrow bud hopefully this is the problem.

(22-09-2015, 09:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Timing out after the belt change?

The gentleman who done the work is actual and old mechanic with a very good reputation. If its not the MAF ill ask him to check the timing. Cheers bud
#6
(22-09-2015, 08:59 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: Uplug the MAF mate, give it a spin. If its better, then its that Wink
Its a common thing you're describing, if it is the MAF (plug on air filter box) it'll run a bit smokey unplugged, but replacing it would get rid of that and make the mpg a bit better too Wink
Done this today mate and it's defiantly pulling a lot better with it off. don't suppose you know anywhere I could buy a genuine one from? A lot of the eBay ones seem to be copy parts.
#7
Glad i could help ThumbsUp

I think it's Siemens that's the OEM part, don't hold me to that but sometimes the scrap yard can be a good place for a replacement Wink I got mine for £15 and it works...for how long I don't know though, but its alright for the interim Wink euro car parts might do them too, but they can be pricey Wink sorry I can't help further, someone may be along with some more knowledge ThumbsUp
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
#8
(23-09-2015, 12:05 PM)highwayman306 Wrote: Glad i could help ThumbsUp

I think it's Siemens that's the OEM part, don't hold me to that but sometimes the scrap yard can be a good place for a replacement Wink I got mine for £15 and it works...for how long I don't know though, but its alright for the interim Wink euro car parts might do them too, but they can be pricey Wink sorry I can't help further, someone may be along with some more knowledge ThumbsUp
Nice one bud :-)
#9
there are a few genuine ones pop up on ebay, check the part num efore buying
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
#10
Have a look on Eurocarcare buddy, got one for £50 posted a few months ago, genuine siemens too!
#11
You can get genuine siemens for £80ish, very worth it imo.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...





Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 hdi lack power Dougieboy1 5 3,467 28-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Dougieboy1
Question Problem - down on power. ChezHdi 5 3,252 05-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Lack of power. Like really sloooow. Tom 12 5,775 24-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Tom

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)