106 Track Toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 Track Toy
(23-06-2015, 08:58 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Looks good man. Always wanted one of these. Had an xsi back in the day with those same door cards.

Thanks man Smile I'm really happy with the progress. Want to do a single wiper conversion but struggling to find an AX wiper mechanism 
Thanks given by:
whats the plan with the heavy sheet of glass in the roof? Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2015, 10:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: whats the plan with the heavy sheet of glass in the roof? Smile

Still trying to work out a plan for that, riveting in a panel is the easy option. Other option is to get a non-sunroof skin. Not sure how easy that would be. I've seen a few pop up on Facebook but not very often. 
Thanks given by:
(23-06-2015, 09:37 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(23-06-2015, 08:58 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Looks good man. Always wanted one of these. Had an xsi back in the day with those same door cards.

Thanks man Smile I'm really happy with the progress. Want to do a single wiper conversion but struggling to find an AX wiper mechanism 

I managed to single wiper mine with the standard mechanism and some playing. I went mental on the weight loss thing. Lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2015, 05:38 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(23-06-2015, 09:37 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

I managed to single wiper mine with the standard mechanism  and some playing. I went mental on the weight loss thing. Lol

Yeah looking at options now, probably just hold out till I see an AX being broken. Feel a lot better progressing with this car over the old one
Thanks given by:
Carbon Roof skin, You know it needs doing
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2015, 12:18 PM)306Dan Wrote: Carbon Roof skin, You know it needs doing

I would absolutely love one but over £1000 for one isn't cheap haha. Found a new skin for sale for £150 considering it but it's 4 hours away
Thanks given by:
Nathan, what the metro cup lads do, is buy a second hand sunroof, and rob it for its fittings. They cut a piece of alu or sheet of steel, the same shape and size as the sunroof panel and install the fittings off the sunroof. Then fit the panel in place.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2015, 03:36 PM)procta Wrote: Nathan, what the metro cup lads do, is buy a second hand sunroof, and rob it for its fittings. They cut a piece of alu or sheet of steel, the same shape and size as the sunroof panel and install the fittings off the sunroof. Then fit the panel in place.

Yeah it seems like the cheapest option, tempted to cut some carbon to shape and making a insert for it and just bond it in 
Thanks given by:
I saw on one thread a guy got a piece of 10mm thick lexan and had a grove machined in all the way round that matched the sunroof lip
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2015, 04:06 PM)306Dan Wrote: I saw on one thread a guy got a piece of 10mm thick lexan and had a grove machined in all the way round that matched the sunroof lip

That's a pretty clever idea. Really trying to figure out what would be best. I can get hold of a non sunroof skin but will be quite pricy to get it fitted and sprayed 
Thanks given by:
Sheet of metal, tiger seal & a rivet gun. Get it done.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2015, 04:14 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Sheet of metal, tiger seal & a rivet gun. Get it done.

I want it to look neat haha I'm a bit of a tart when it comes to that lol
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2015, 03:42 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(24-06-2015, 03:36 PM)procta Wrote: Nathan, what the metro cup lads do, is buy a second hand sunroof, and rob it for its fittings. They cut a piece of alu or sheet of steel, the same shape and size as the sunroof panel and install the fittings off the sunroof. Then fit the panel in place.

Yeah it seems like the cheapest option, tempted to cut some carbon to shape and making a insert for it and just bond it in 

do it, as it would look neat!

(24-06-2015, 04:06 PM)306Dan Wrote: I saw on one thread a guy got a piece of 10mm thick lexan and had a grove machined in all the way round that matched the sunroof lip

with this idea
(24-06-2015, 04:14 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Sheet of metal, tiger seal & a rivet gun. Get it done.

seen that done too, looks a bit shoddy if you ask me, but if your not planning on removing the sunroof ever again, then tiger seal that bastard in place.
Thanks given by:
skins are easy to change on them, they are spot welded down through the channel and it lifts out.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2015, 05:11 PM)Stef205 Wrote: skins are easy to change on them, they are spot welded down through the channel and it lifts out.

Hmm fancy another job at some point lol 
Thanks given by:
Pics aren't working for me Sad but i was really impressed with this little car when nathan popped over to mine! i have always had 106 gti's and this is definitely a good one Big Grin

Regarding the 8k limiter, that's just a soft unlocked ECU with a raised limit. standard limiter is 7200 and they can take the 8k limit if your not on it 24/7 Smile

The MA box is adequate if you have some mechanical sympathy! BE conversions are incredibly expensive but do-able

Nathan if its of interest too you i have some polybushed wishbones and polybushed rear axle mounts Smile should eliminate your wandering feeling! Always welcome to come down and use the workshop, doesn't take long to strip and fit them Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2015, 08:26 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Pics aren't working for me Sad but i was really impressed with this little car when nathan popped over to mine! i have always had 106 gti's and this is definitely a good one Big Grin

Regarding the 8k limiter, that's just a soft unlocked ECU with a raised limit. standard limiter is 7200 and they can take the 8k limit if your not on it 24/7 Smile

The MA box is adequate if you have some mechanical sympathy! BE conversions are incredibly expensive but do-able

Nathan if its of interest too you i have some polybushed wishbones and polybushed rear axle mounts Smile should eliminate your wandering feeling! Always welcome to come down and use the workshop, doesn't take long to strip and fit them Smile

Thanks man Smile I really do love it and it must have that because it reaches 8k pretty easily. I'm definitely interested in those wishbones! If you could message me some pics and details on Facebook that would be appreciated 
Thanks given by:
Took more of the sound deadening out today Smile these things are right lady gardens to get off just the passenger side to get off now 

Only thing I'm struggling with is someone has glued the badge on previously and struggling to get the glue off. Any ideas on how to remove it?

Thanks given by:
Just like i said mate, tiny amount of petrol on a rag too remove the glue then wash and polish bootlid!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2015, 07:18 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Just like i said mate, tiny amount of petrol on a rag too remove the glue then wash and polish bootlid!

Yeah I used a glue remover and the 106 badge came off fine it's seems like someone used actual glue for this one the glue residue is solid I got a bit off and it chipped some of the clear coat 
Thanks given by:
Try some wd40.. May work
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2015, 08:48 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Try some wd40.. May work

Yeah I've been looking at superglue removers just hope it doesn't mess up the paint 
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2015, 05:12 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(24-06-2015, 05:11 PM)Stef205 Wrote: skins are easy to change on them, they are spot welded down through the channel and it lifts out.

Only if you buy a proper cage to weld in at the same time!

Do you really need a smaller battery? for now couldnt you use the money else where and it have a better effect on the car? Even a micra battery would be a cheaper alternative for now after all you do weight the same as a leaf! Wink
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(26-06-2015, 03:29 PM)Stef205 Wrote:
(24-06-2015, 05:12 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

Only if you buy a proper cage to weld in at the same time!

Do you really need a smaller battery? for now couldnt you use the money else where and it have a better effect on the car? Even a micra battery would be a cheaper alternative for now after all you do weight the same as a leaf! Wink

Haha I guess so, what would you do next? 

So the time has come, I've got the wheels I've been after for ages! They are pug fitment which is even better so no spacers needed! I got these for an awesome deal, just swapped my purple sleels and £70 his way and they were mine Big Grin tyre wise they have 2 Proxes 4 which are close to limit and 2 new budgets. I'm really happy with them. Need a clean and eventually a refurb. 

Thanks given by:
save it for a set of wheels some correct fitment ones no spacers etc Decent tyres, suspension etc
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:

(26-06-2015, 05:47 PM)Stef205 Wrote: save it for a set of wheels some correct fitment ones no spacers etc Decent tyres, suspension etc

Look at my post just before yours Wink so decent wheels are covered. It has GAZ coilovers upfront already. I'll be getting GAZ adjustable rears to go on your beam. So just decent tyres and rear shocks are needed
Thanks given by:
ah must of posted at the same time haha. Brakes either upgrade your pads and discs or fit some 6 calipers like we did on ours.
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(26-06-2015, 05:55 PM)Stef205 Wrote: ah must of posted at the same time haha. Brakes either upgrade your pads and discs or fit some 6 calipers like we did on ours.

I've got gti6 brakes already Smile but the discs and pads could do with upgrading to be fair. Not as powerful as my 306 ones
Thanks given by:
ive great success with brembo max discs or even plain brembo tbh i use them on my 4 pots
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by: