Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily
What's the purpose of cutting out part of the slam panel and replacing it with box section? I've noticed Stef205 has done it to. More strength in an impact?
Thanks given by:
Clearance lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
so much for the cheap reliable daily.

we all knew boost would come.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 09:21 PM)Poodle Wrote: Clearance lol.

Ah okay Smile seen it on a few cars but never knew what it was for 
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 09:14 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: What's the purpose of cutting out part of the slam panel and replacing it with box section? I've noticed Stef205 has done it to. More strength in an impact?
As poodle says, In my case it's purely for clearance so I can fit the top hat of the Bosch and other things. It may be stronger but not meaningfully so. Strong enough I can stand on it.

(18-05-2015, 10:03 PM)Piggy Wrote: so much for the cheap reliable daily.

we all knew boost would come.
Still cheap, I've still spent pretty much f*ck all on it and TBH reliability is a funny thing, it'll still be reliable or at least as reliable s you expect a £350 car to be.
Thanks given by:
The engine mount is one bolt... if you cannot afford to fix that then for the love of god dont turbocharge it lol

What are you doing about dropping the compression ratio? or are you just slapping a turbo on and carrying a head tightening kit with you at all times? lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
decomp plate? or thicker gasket?

or draesh right on? Tongue Tongue
Thanks given by:
Two h/g's Wink but once its blown one. Nit before then.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2015, 01:10 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: The engine mount is one bolt... if you cannot afford to fix that then for the love of god dont turbocharge it lol
I've fitted a new bolt but it needs a whole new mount and buffer and I don't get paid till tomorrow

(19-05-2015, 01:10 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: What are you doing about dropping the compression ratio? or are you just slapping a turbo on and carrying a head tightening kit with you at all times? lol
Compression ratio is 23:1 for the TU®D5 compared to the 21.8:1 for the XUD9TE, it'll be fine. Slap on a turbo, no problemo!

(19-05-2015, 01:35 PM)mr_fish Wrote: decomp plate? or thicker gasket?

or draesh right on?  Tongue Tongue
Drash on mate. New engines are cheaper than gasket kits.

(19-05-2015, 01:59 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Two h/g's Wink but once its blown one. Nit before then.
No head gasket Wink less to go wrong Smile
Thanks given by:
No modern HDi lump?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2015, 04:25 PM)RetroPug Wrote: No modern HDi lump?

No, they come with a four figure price tag for the lump I want with all the bits i'd need for a conversion.

Anyway I've made some ghetto bonnet pins just to tide me over till the brand new ones turn u in the post.

[attachment=23265]
Thanks given by:
MOT failure...

just saying Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
And so it begins.... Again PopcornPopcorn
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Im looking forward to this one. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2015, 05:39 PM)Piggy Wrote: MOT failure...

just saying Wink
No it's not, it'll be fineeeeeeeeeee.

(19-05-2015, 05:44 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: And so it begins.... Again PopcornPopcorn
You'll need more popcorn than that.
PopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcornPopcorn

(19-05-2015, 05:45 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Im looking forward to this one. Smile
Aren't we all Big Grin
Thanks given by:
lol i f*cking love you chris! dont ever change Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
You are such a gypo it puts pikeys to shame
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
This is why we love you lmao
Thanks given by:
Cant be bothered to write much, fitted bonnet pins, not fallen off yet. Changed engine and gear box mount, car no longer shakes like a shitting dog at idle and is much nicer to drive.

[attachment=23475]
[attachment=23476]
[attachment=23477]
Thanks given by:
So Samass supplied me with a box of shiny.

[attachment=23653]
Thanks given by:
New shinies looking good! Smile is that a GT15 or similar? Looks about the same size as a GT15/K03 etc
Thanks given by:
It's a GT1749VA - old one I had kicking about haha!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
guna say, I spy a vac can! That should be a sweet snail on the nad!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I see the new money management system is going well. Tongue
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 05:40 AM)Poodle Wrote: I see the new money management system is going well. Tongue

We're gonna fund this on track also..

Popcorn
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 06:21 AM)ginge191 Wrote:
(08-06-2015, 05:40 AM)Poodle Wrote: I see the new money management system is going well. Tongue

Popcorn

not if it only spends 5minutes on track  Dodgy
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 12:22 AM)Piggy Wrote: guna say, I spy a vac can! That should be a sweet snail on the nad!
Yep, need to see if I have a decent enough boost can or can get hold of one.

As badly as ever LOL, It was too good a bargain to pass up and I haven't paid yet.

(08-06-2015, 06:24 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(08-06-2015, 06:21 AM)ginge191 Wrote:

Popcorn

not if it only spends 5minutes on track  Dodgy
I'll have you know that I did 15-20mins on track. I actually did 16-17 miles on the track which is about 8-9 laps.
Thanks given by:
Breaking a Nad Dum if you need anything?
Thanks given by:
(08-06-2015, 10:06 AM)Chris1357 Wrote: Breaking a Nad Dum if you need anything?

Yes Please, as long as it's cheap, really cheap.

YHPM
Thanks given by:
Fitted my ebay bargain of an incorrectly listed tow bar today for something to do. Took the tow ball off as it needs a new electrics plate and the bolts were in a shocking condition, half the thread has come off with them so I'll be getting new ones. Still can't complain for a tenner. Just looking for an equally cheap trailer now.

[attachment=23678]
[attachment=23679]
Thanks given by: