Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily
Not a driveshaft issue is it? 106s seem to eat driveshafts! Confused
Thanks given by:
Sheared the bolt through the drivers engine mount. Bodged for now. Looking for a permanent fix.
Thanks given by:
Jesus I used to chuck my ax about 1.5 diesel and it was fine. You have bad luck. Drill out retap with bigger. Job done.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
yeah does seem odd, my mate ran a 106 ph1 nad and now a saxo mk2 nad (both on veg) and he properly abuses it round town. Only thing died was clutch and the gearbox is sounding poorly now too.

guess drill it out and use a m16 bolt? lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2015, 05:14 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Sheared the bolt through the drivers engine mount. Bodged for now. Looking for a permanent fix.

Did you use a cable tie? Lol
Thanks given by:
Jubilee clip surely... lol
Thanks given by:
I'm done. There was gonna be a reply about not bodging engine mounts because it's dangerous etc.. But I know you'll just cable tie it and claim it's fine  Heart
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(02-05-2015, 10:20 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I'm done. There was gonna be a reply about not bodging engine mounts because it's dangerous etc.. But I know you'll just cable tie it and claim it's fine  Heart

I have a feeling it's been bodged before which might be why it snapped, only had an M8 bolt through it and it had sheered where the thread meets the shank but I cant see how anything bigger could of fitted.

I've got some brand new M8 threaded bar in there at the moment. Pain in the arse of a design as rather than the engine sitting on the mount it is effectively suspended below the mount.
Thanks given by:
It's because Chris' driving style is only slightly less harsh on the car than a jack hammer. Love you. X
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
This is true. Cant believe the whole bolt holding the main engine mount together is only 8mm. f*cking 306 slam panel bolt's are 8mm and there's 4 of them.
Thanks given by:
Its similar in my alfa.. Held underneath by 2 bolts actually they may be m10 only 13mm heads
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2015, 01:13 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Its similar in my alfa.. Held underneath by 2 bolts actually they may be m10 only 13mm heads

13mm head is usually M8

Crazyness as the bit with the thread in isn't even 8mm it's nearer 6mm
Thanks given by:
um dum thats the standard engine mount and they are a notorious weak point!

Worth noting that the shorter bolts (torx T40) that hold the front seats into the floor are a direct fit, and are high tensile therefore reducing the risk of snapping Wink

Also worth noting that there is supposed to be a rubber buffer inside the engine mount cradle, this being excessively worn or broken off usually leads to excessive engine movement and allows hat bolt to snap easier.

Your welcome
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(04-05-2015, 10:10 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: um dum thats the standard engine mount and they are a notorious weak point!

Worth noting that the shorter bolts (torx T40) that hold the front seats into the floor are a direct fit, and are high tensile therefore reducing the risk of snapping Wink

Also worth noting that there is supposed to be a rubber buffer inside the engine mount cradle, this being excessively worn or broken off usually leads to excessive engine movement and allows hat bolt to snap easier.

Your welcome

Cheers mate. My bolted together thing is an improvement but there is still excessive vibrations. Think I might of damaged one of the other mounts when the top one went. Baker RM do a redesigned mount for the top of these. Probably going to end up replacing all the mounts and buffers to be on the safe side.
Thanks given by:
Welllllll, still not fixed my engine mount.

I have relocated my battery, mounted the standard battery tray behind the passenger seat, drilled a big hole in the bulkhead (with a spade bit LOL), Welded together a load of bits of battery cable from the garage that had come off scrap cars and cobbled it all together. The blue hose is the battery vent and comes out under the boot floor.

[attachment=23237]
[attachment=23238]
[attachment=23239]
[attachment=23240]

Also because I'm a bad influence on myself and because people encourage me when I get naughty ideas I went a little Samass on the engine bay in preparation for fitting a Bosch pump and having a play with the cooling system. I've cut a good chunk out of the slam panel and welded in some 25mm box section. Sadly I've f*cked up the bonnet catch mount so I think I'm gonna go for bonnet pins.

[attachment=23241]
[attachment=23242]
[attachment=23243]
Thanks given by:
If you're fitting a Bosch are you fitting a turbo?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2015, 07:07 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: If you're fitting a Bosch are you fitting a turbo?

Maybe lol
Thanks given by:
Why have you got so many earths??
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2015, 07:43 PM)Niall Wrote: Why have you got so many earths??

Because none of them struck me as particularly brilliant earth points so wanted to make sure it worked.

It definitely works as it started first time and ran no problem (till I changed the fuel filter, don't think I have enough fuel in the tank to prime it and it's parked on a slope away from the pick up).
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2015, 07:17 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(17-05-2015, 07:07 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: If you're fitting a Bosch are you fitting a turbo?

Maybe lol

Yes!!! Boosted tu ftw
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2015, 08:06 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Yes!!! Boosted tu ftw

Yeah been talking to Samass, I have a box full of turbos in the garage, it would be rude not to.
Thanks given by:
.looks good mate
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2015, 09:55 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: .looks good mate

Cheers mate.
Thanks given by:
The engine mount is a half hour job lol get it done before it starts breaking stuff!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Cool project, what sorta power can the tu`s make when bosched and boosted ?
Cherry red 205 XUD VNT - Project thread here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25522
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 08:14 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: The engine mount is a half hour job lol get it done before it starts breaking stuff!
it's not time, it's money lol

(18-05-2015, 08:39 AM)andyyy Wrote: Cool project, what sorta power can the tu`s make when bosched and boosted ?
Samass made 190lb/ft and about 130bhp but I'm confident that I could do better than that for various reasons
Thanks given by:
Bigger turbo. Bigger pump. More awesome.
Thanks given by:
I knew this wouldn't be a NAD for long! As dum dum is boost mad! wont be long before he will turbo him self!
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 01:40 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(18-05-2015, 08:14 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: The engine mount is a half hour job lol get it done before it starts breaking stuff!
it's not time, it's money lol

(18-05-2015, 08:39 AM)andyyy Wrote: Cool project, what sorta power can the tu`s make when bosched and boosted ?
Samass made 190lb/ft and about 130bhp but I'm confident that I could do better than that for various reasons

Nice, good luck with with the gearbox withstanding that sort of power 106 ones are made of cheese from my experiences 
Cherry red 205 XUD VNT - Project thread here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25522
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2015, 02:22 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Bigger turbo. Bigger pump. More awesome.
I won't really be going for a bigger pump or turbo. A 9mm pump will flow 190bhp and that is plenty.

(18-05-2015, 02:56 PM)procta Wrote: I knew this wouldn't be a NAD for long! As dum dum is boost mad! wont be long before he will turbo him self!
Turbos make old diesels more efficient and Bosch means veg oil. It's obviously the best thing for my wallet and the environment.

(18-05-2015, 03:15 PM)andyyy Wrote: Nice, good luck with with the gearbox withstanding that sort of power 106 ones are made of cheese from my experiences 
Yeah it's got no f*cking chance (although Samass's lasted the entire time his car was turbo'd). I've been looking at copy engineering the Satchel BE conversion. There's a few things I've got my head around and a few things that I need to buy parts for to compare but I think it's possible for about a tenth of the price he charges.
Thanks given by: