Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's GONAD Daily
(12-04-2015, 05:28 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 04:33 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 04:30 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 04:27 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 04:20 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Probably because its his? You've modded your daily?

I only have one car. My impression was a daily is supposed to be the shed to get you from a to b whilst the second car gets the modifications/money spent, hence having a daily.
Which I assume you use roughly daily yeah?

Of course, but I don't have another car to modify or spend money on.

If I had a shitter as a daily & a Rallye as the weekend/show car.. I certainly wouldn't spend money modifying the shitter. It'd get spent on the Rallye.. Which is the whole point of having a daily.. Where's the line when you then need to buy another daily because your daily is too modified to be a daily hack?

You're missing my point by making it personal to my circumstance.
Yeah you'd do that, some of us like to modify whatever we drive. I got your point, I just don't agree.

My daily is more modded than the track car at the moment haha. I agree with that your saying we modify whatever we have. I would hate to be driving a standard or banged up daily. I invest equal amounts into both my cars Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2015, 05:28 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 04:33 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 04:30 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 04:27 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 04:20 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Probably because its his? You've modded your daily?

I only have one car. My impression was a daily is supposed to be the shed to get you from a to b whilst the second car gets the modifications/money spent, hence having a daily.
Which I assume you use roughly daily yeah?

Of course, but I don't have another car to modify or spend money on.

If I had a shitter as a daily & a Rallye as the weekend/show car.. I certainly wouldn't spend money modifying the shitter. It'd get spent on the Rallye.. Which is the whole point of having a daily.. Where's the line when you then need to buy another daily because your daily is too modified to be a daily hack?

You're missing my point by making it personal to my circumstance.
Yeah you'd do that, some of us like to modify whatever we drive. I got your point, I just don't agree.
You have both missed my earlier post where I said why it's getting modded. If I mod it it makes my insurance about 20% cheaper.

Also not really spending money on modding it, I have a couple of sets of clones and 266mm brakes in the garage, I had the stereo out the ranger and i swapped some parts for the GTi6 interior so effectively that lot will cost me nothing.
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, my zx was one of those buys, can't be worse than that lol.

Shame about the rallye, but if i'm honest it will be good to have somebody else holding us up. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yes Chris! Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
So I've had a chance for a bit of a play today and found that some of my wheels are ET20 but others are ET28

Removed the spare wheel which was flat and only held on with rust anyway.
Waxoyl'd a few of the worse bits underneath.
Adjusted the alternator belt as that was slightly loose.
Found out that my washer bottle is loosing.
Tidied up some of the botched wiring, quite confident the car has had an engine swap at some point.
Found the exhaust is in a terrible state and of a minute diameter in places.

Dewipered the boot
[attachment=22649]

And swapped the standard pull fan for a slimline push fan that is both larger and lighter and gives me some space in the engine bay.
[attachment=22651]
[attachment=22650]
Thanks given by:
Dum dum, I can see you strapping a snail to this!
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2015, 05:10 PM)procta Wrote: Dum dum, I can see you strapping a snail to this!

Just one?!

Hehe.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2015, 05:31 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(13-04-2015, 05:10 PM)procta Wrote: Dum dum, I can see you strapping a snail to this!

Just one?!

Hehe.

dum dum isn't man enough to twin turbo a 1.5 derv! he has just say got the balls to go NA derv!
Thanks given by:
You can have the t2 off the 2.1 for free as I'm not using it. If you were to go down that route of course.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
aha how do you even fit in a 106 lmao

ive got sets of cheap speedlines and cyclones if you're in need Wink
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2015, 05:31 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote:

Just one?!

Hehe.

No! if this gets a turbo it will the VNT bolted to the side of a 1.4HDi 16v as they are 92bhp standard even with all the emissions crap and map happily to 120bhp so I reckon 130+ has got to be possible with supporting mods and I get even better economy, light weight and the potential of trying to register it for £30 road tax.

(13-04-2015, 06:43 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: You can have the t2 off the 2.1 for free as I'm not using it. If you were to go down that route of course.
No thanks mate, got a box full of turbos here.

(13-04-2015, 10:46 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: aha how do you even fit in a 106 lmao

ive got sets of cheap speedlines and cyclones if you're in need Wink

306 seats are a great help with me fitting in there

I wouldn't mind grabbing another pair of clones off you at some point as currently I only have a set and a half and one set is supposed to be destined for track tyres for the rallye.
Thanks given by:
At least I wont be the slowest at pugrun lol
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2015, 11:27 AM)lolsteve Wrote: At least I wont be the slowest at pugrun lol

I wont be stopping for fuel or head gaskets though.
Thanks given by:
Damn. Looks like I'll have to resort to sabotage
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Think I've decided that she is going to become a van as with the front seats in and slid back there is f*ck all rear legroom now and I don't carry passengers anyway.

Been playing today an the 3 photos I've taken don't do justice to the amount of work I've done.

Had the seats back out.
Removed the pretensioners.
Removed the rear half of the carpet.
Took a hammer to the tunnel to slide the seats further back
Painted a bit of rust.
Removed the rear seat bases and their mounts.
Removed the rear seat belts.
Found more rust.
Removed the Immobiliser keypad.
Removed airbag and pretensioner wiring.
De-badged the boot.

So heres the hammering to get about another 20mm seat movement
[attachment=22676]

And the de-badge
[attachment=22677]
[attachment=22678]
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, i like that mod...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(15-04-2015, 08:58 PM)Poodle Wrote: Hmmm, i like that mod...

You got 306 seats in yours yet mate?
You can have a go in mine next weekend as I'm hoping to have them dropped another 10mm or so tomorrow before finally welding the 106 outer rail to the 306 outer rail. Let's put it like this, I'm looking for a dished wheel LOL.
Thanks given by:
Fixed my leaky washer bottle with new hoses and now both washers do the front window only so I can remove the rear system as there isn't a wiper for it anyway.
[attachment=22683]

Also drilled the seat rails to drop them a bit further (turned out to be about 6mm but every little hepls) And then welded the 106 rail to the 306 rail. Still got to do the final bits to the passenger side but nearly there.
[attachment=22681]
[attachment=22682]
Thanks given by:
I know what you all want. More pictures of a boring slow nearly standard 106 NAD.

Well go on then...

[attachment=22688]
[attachment=22689]
[attachment=22690]
[attachment=22691]

And a quick pic of the seats in.
[attachment=22692]
Thanks given by:
Dat ride height lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Well that looks...umm...can't even say it's a nice colour. lol

So onto the important question, how many MPG is it averaging? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2015, 02:05 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Dat ride height lol
I know, the worst thing is I'm not sure it even sits level when it's on a flat but I never park on a flat so I havent had a chance to measure. Hopefully slammage at some point soon ish.

(16-04-2015, 02:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well that looks...umm...can't even say it's a nice colour. lol

So onto the important question, how many MPG is it averaging? Big Grin
Get f*cked, I like the colour.

I have no Idea how many MPG it's doing as I've not needed to fill it up yet. Over 300 miles since I last brimmed it (after doing just shy of 70mpg on the motorway) and it's still showing over half a tank.
Thanks given by:
Looks tidy body-wise, just needs that rub strip, some alloys (would like to see some 205 1.6 pepperpots on it actually) and some lowerage and it'll look pretty sweet mate.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I like that colour, one of my favourites.

Looks tidy tbh matey
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Glad to see my old seats have found a good home Smile they look good 
Thanks given by:
Looks like I'm alone in disliking the colour then. lol Think its just because 90% of Saxos come in that colour lol.
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2015, 10:06 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Looks like I'm alone in disliking the colour then. lol  Think its just because 90% of Saxos come in that colour lol.

Saxos come in Posi blue which is a completely different colour... (also its f*cking beautiful)

Edit: my old posi blue VTR at santa pod.

[Image: IMG00388-20120803-1351.jpg]

dum - i have a lowered drum beam, gti 50mm lowering springs and some 1.9 gti wheels looking for a home Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
nice and crusty around that washer bottle dum!

get it sorted before the front bumper falls off haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2015, 08:50 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: dum - i have a lowered drum beam, gti 50mm lowering springs and some 1.9 gti wheels looking for a home Wink
I'm sticking with my idea of 'clones for her but tempted by the suspension, I'll facebook you.

(17-04-2015, 09:00 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: nice and crusty around that washer bottle dum!

get it sorted before the front bumper falls off haha

Yeah it's on the list mate, the whole bumper mounting metal is no longer attached. It's already had a patch that side but needs a patch the other side. I'm hoping to use one of my 4 day weekends to strip the front and do all the welding it needs at that end and use another 4 day weekend to do all the welding it needs at the rear.
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2015, 02:05 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Dat ride height lol

Exactly my thoughts.

Going for the "ranger" vibe still! Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by: