New Daily or bung the mileage on the Rallye?

Poll: Rallye or NAD
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
NAD
100.00%
19 100.00%
Rallye
0%
0 0%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Daily or bung the mileage on the Rallye?
As my Ford Ranger Daily is now very dead I have a dilemma, do I go out and but a 106 nad or similar as a daily for a few hundred quid as it wont cost me any more to insure, it's half the amount to tax and does more than double the MPG of the rallye?

Really trying to keep the mileage off the Rallye to keep it's value, it needs it's brakes bled, 6 months tax is £125ish and it'll cost me £100 in fuel in the next 2 weeks and I need to work out why the heater blower doesn't work and fix the exhaust blows.

Or do I take my mate up on the offer of borrowing a couple hundred off him, buying a £400 nad, swapping the insurance off the truck, paying £12 a month road tax, paying £40 for a train fare to get it and then £60 for the next 2 weeks in fuel.

Choices and reasons please.
Thanks given by:
http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/1...lancashire

I'll just pop this here.

Oh, and this.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/1...-west-mids

Both have epic potential.
Thanks given by:
I would get a 106 of some description. As you said will be cheaper to fuel and will keep the value up the less miles you have on the Rallye. Plus it might not be a big issue to you but I know how annoying it is. Imagine if you just went to the super market and seen the rallye had a dent or scratch from an idiot with a trolly or can't park. I would be to afraid to use a rallye as a daily for that reason alone. The rallye is a special car, I think it will take away the special feeling if it's used as a daily. 
Thanks given by:
I used the ph.1 as a daily and it cost an absolute fortune and nearly got smashed in traffic more times than I can count.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I've just realised the second link has not far off a million miles on the clock, that alone means you should buy it.
Thanks given by:
Jordan I'm not buying either of those as they are far too drifty and I cant afford the tyres. Also the P100 doesn't even have a price so it's either made of rust or over my budget.
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2015, 10:52 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Jordan I'm not buying either of those as they are far too drifty and I cant afford the tyres. Also the P100 doesn't even have a price so it's either made of rust or over my budget.

The cab would be such a cool boost bus though, cheap, reliable, spacious, just awesome.

P100 is £950 it does say, however yeah it's a fair whack but they're only going up in value.

You could get the cab for £300 easily I reckon, so so much win. It's also got 5 new tyres to keep you going for a while.
Thanks given by:
I fail to see how a ranger was supposed to be a cheap to run daily... lol

I'd get the 106 personally, or something similar. While I'm not a Rallye fan it would be a shame to keep sticking miles and car park dents on it considering its value in a few years.

Problem is, whatever you get you'll over mod it and break it I reckon. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Gotta keep the miles off the Rallyr. So get a tiny shit box to trundle to work and back. But make sure ur Rallye still gets taxed for Combe/Pugrun !
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2015, 11:30 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I fail to see how a ranger was supposed to be a cheap to run daily... lol

I'd get the 106 personally, or something similar.  While I'm not a Rallye fan it would be a shame to keep sticking miles and car park dents on it considering its value in a few years.

Problem is, whatever you get you'll over mod it and break it I reckon. Tongue

unless, toms, your car does 200mpg and costs £10 to fill up,. you dont consider it a "cheap" daily lol
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
just whatever you do dont put the miles on the rallye...
Thanks given by:
The Ranger did what, 35mpg maybe? Not exactly an eco box is it. Tongue

106 NADs are awful but they do excellent mpg for their age and cheap tax as well. Only thing was insurance was barely any cheaper than the Golf's at the time! Undecided
Thanks given by:
106 nad, dum dum can run it on veg and turbo the thing too!
Thanks given by:
Well that's been pretty unanimous then.

I've bought a NAD blind on ebay, going to pick it up tomorrow.
(Yes I know, buying cars blind is ridiculous but I've got balls the size of space hoppers)

Yes Tom I'm almost embarrassed to admit that the Ranger did the same MPG as the rallye and I didn't drive the ranger anywhere near as hard but it reminded me the rallye wasn't that bad. I still love that Ranger even though it's gone, everyone should own a 4x4.
Thanks given by:
Good luck with the NAD chris,how do I know it's going to get tuned in some way lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
What did you do to the ranger?!
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2015, 01:40 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: What did you do to the ranger?!

Sold it mate, got £350 for it. Wanted it gone pronto so I could get something else sorted without having to resort to the rallye.
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2015, 12:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I've bought a NAD blind on ebay, going to pick it up tomorrow.
(Yes I know, buying cars blind is ridiculous but I've got balls the size of space hoppers)

I've bought 2 cars blind on eBay, a Rover 420 GSI for £310 which ended up being perfectly reliable as a daily to keep my AX GTi off the road, and an Audi 80 that was probably the tidiest and most well sorted car I've ever had.

You can tell by reading the advert whether it's safe to buy blind, and remember even if someone puts "You bid to buy not to view" or "no tyre kickers, you win the auction it's yours" in the description that means f*ck all, eBay rules still stand that if it isn't as described you can walk away.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
^^^ Yeah spoke to the bloke on the phone and he was happy to list off a couple of minor issues, asked him the "would you drive it back to london" question (car is in burnley) and he said no problem.
Thanks given by:
Bought my Saab blind and that was the best car i've ever owned!!

Was gonna suggest you come buy my 1.8 Sad
Thanks given by:
And what the heck is wrong with uber high mileage rallyes? Tongue (mines on 186k lol )

get a daily and save the rallye bro
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Skipped through all of this... but buy a 306 nad, comes with xud engine, bosch pump and pure veg!
I handed over £400 for mine.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2015, 07:18 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: And what the heck is wrong with uber high mileage rallyes? Tongue (mines on 186k lol )

They begin to sound like dturbos with rallye stickers lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2015, 11:51 AM)RetroPug Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 07:18 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: And what the heck is wrong with uber high mileage rallyes? Tongue (mines on 186k lol )

They begin to sound like dturbos with rallye stickers lmao

Thats more to do with the badly made / fitted magnex exhaust system lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2015, 08:30 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Skipped through all of this... but buy a 306 nad, comes with xud engine, bosch pump and pure veg!
I handed over £400 for mine.

What MPG you getting out your 306NAD?

I got 68mpg driving from Burnley to Bristol today and I wasn't driving sensibly, and 20 miles of that is town and I got stuck in motorway traffic at Birmingham for 20 mins. Does your NAD do that?
Thanks given by:
My nad had the living day lights thrashed out of a tank as I was using it for work, it got 500 miles of town/village driving with a lot of big hills!
But it was running pure veg as well at almost half the price.
So about 40mpg and half the price per gallon works out about 80mph town driving going by the cost of a 106 nad :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
40mpg from a NAD is terrible....regardless of using veg!

Never got below 65mpg in my NAD, driving like an ass, and full throttle starts with a snapped glowplug. Over 70 should be easily achievable without having to smell like a chip shop, ruin the seals in the pump and block up the filter every week....
Thanks given by:
My NAD was getting around 600 to a tank when on the road and it didn't have an easy life lol
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2015, 09:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 40mpg from a NAD is terrible....regardless of using veg!

Never got below 65mpg in my NAD, driving like an ass, and full throttle starts with a snapped glowplug. Over 70 should be easily achievable without having to smell like a chip shop, ruin the seals in the pump and block up the filter every week....
Seals never shat it's self in the 10k miles I used veg, also I only ever had 1 filter clogged because I couldn't be bothered to change it.
But I still got 5k out of that filter.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
duno if just me, but I think people are confusing 106nads with 306nads.
You'll never see 70mpg from a 306nad, but you should with a 106nad.
My best friend runs a ph3 duablo dw8, on veg oil. He does 20k a year easy, scotland and back etc. The lack of any power doesnt bother him!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear window bung Tyronnster 7 1,941 18-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo
  Rubber bung thing that holds CD player up in dash HDIkyle 16 4,118 02-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Last Post: hbomb1905