106 Track Toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 Track Toy
(06-03-2015, 10:02 PM)procta Wrote: all depends on what stuff you use, as you do get some strong panel glues that body shops use now.

Probably just pop rivet them and when I eventually get poly windows I'll bond some new door cards in 
Thanks given by:
As for the boot, id leave it as it is. As you may want to be in there to put your wheels in the boot. Some racers I have seen have left theirs a lone, and fitted pins for the regs. But it all depends on how far you are going to go with this.
As you could buy little rubber grommets and fill in the holes. In side the car.
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2015, 10:21 PM)procta Wrote: As for the boot, id leave it as it is. As you may want to be in there to put your wheels in the boot. Some racers I have seen have left theirs a lone, and fitted pins for the regs. But it all depends on how far you are going to go with this.

Gonna leave a single ram in there just about holds it up Smile need to get another set of 14" wheels for the track tyres 
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2015, 10:24 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(06-03-2015, 10:21 PM)procta Wrote: As for the boot, id leave it as it is. As you may want to be in there to put your wheels in the boot. Some racers I have seen have left theirs a lone, and fitted pins for the regs. But it all depends on how far you are going to go with this.

Gonna leave a single ram in there just about holds it up Smile need to get another set of 14" wheels for the track tyres 

easy that one, get your self down to the local scrappy and get your self a set.
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2015, 10:26 PM)procta Wrote:

Don't think there's any decent scrap yards in Bristol any more 
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2015, 10:27 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

ebay will be your best bet, give the breaker a email and ask. they could even do you a discount on a second set too. 
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2015, 10:29 PM)procta Wrote:
(06-03-2015, 10:27 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

ebay will be your best bet, give the breaker a email and ask. they could even do you a discount on a second set too. 

I'll have to mail a few Smile want some 106 xsi wheels for it. 
Thanks given by:
what about a set of steelies? just to sit the car on?
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2015, 10:35 PM)procta Wrote: what about a set of steelies? just to sit the car on?

Could come in handy when it's parked up actually. That way I can have the raptors and a set of xsi wheels for track tyres Smile
Thanks given by:
aahheemm why is that axle not on yet? Wink
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(06-03-2015, 11:18 PM)Stef205 Wrote: aahheemm why is that axle not on yet? Wink

I'm dying to put it on lol need a rear brake setup and some front lowering springs
Thanks given by:
For securing the door cards rivets will be the lightest and cheapest but self tapping metal screws like I used on my GTi6 is the easiest if you ever need to get behind it.
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2015, 09:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: For securing the door cards rivets will be the lightest and cheapest but self tapping metal screws like I used on my GTi6  is the easiest if you ever need to get behind it.

Yeah I ordered some rivets on eBay Smile got a decent rivet gun here so will secure it that way. Hope they get delivered soon. Can't wait to get them on.

Brakes are next then suspension and seats. 
Thanks given by:
[attachment=22125]

Got some black pop rivets should look a little different Smile get the door cards mounted tomorrow
Thanks given by:
[attachment=22478]
Got the door cards done today Smile pretty happy with them for my first attempt. Can't wait to get it on track Big Grin
Thanks given by:
looking bob on there!
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2015, 06:54 PM)procta Wrote: looking bob on there!

What's looking Bob? Haha
Thanks given by:
Fitted the enclosure thing today, hope it gives it a little cooler air Smile

[attachment=22585]

Stripping the car has made it super high haha, it's defying gravity
[attachment=22586]
Thanks given by:
get it lowered! D:
Thanks given by:
Door cards looking good

Are you in this at action day in a few weeks?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2015, 03:11 PM)Eeyore Wrote: get it lowered! D:

Seriously needs it! Not sure how low I should go on the front

(10-04-2015, 03:13 PM)7057sam Wrote: Door cards looking good

Are you in this at action day in a few weeks?

Thanks man, yeah I'll be at Action day Smile
Thanks given by:
Is that with the new axle on?
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2015, 07:10 PM)Stef205 Wrote: Is that with the new axle on?

Not yet, need front lowering springs first. Think I'm gonna get 60mm lowering springs to hopefully match the back 
Thanks given by:
So buying lowering springs today but undecided weather to go 50mm or 60mm lower. Now it's stripped it's sitting very high. I measured the gap between the arch and tyre and it's around 90mm so what springs would you put on it? 
Thanks given by:
I suppose it depends how low you want it.

Have you considered coilovers?
Thanks given by:
(14-04-2015, 06:44 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I suppose it depends how low you want it.

Have you considered coilovers?

Bit pricey at the moment thinking of dropping it about 50mm when I get a cage it will add a bit of weight so will drop the suspension slightly 
Thanks given by:
Cage is only about 25kg though mate, put 25kg of weight on the back seats and see how much it changes (2 alloys with tyres will be close to 25kg)

Personally I'd be going for the 60mm
Thanks given by:
(15-04-2015, 07:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Cage is only about 25kg though mate, put 25kg of weight on the back seats and see how much it changes (2 alloys with tyres will be close to 25kg)

Personally I'd be going for the 60mm

Good point, I'll get 60mm apex springs 
Thanks given by:
I bought half-decent coilies needing a refurb for £180, refurbed them for about £80. So that's £260, a half-decent shock and spring set will cost you more than that new...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(15-04-2015, 09:02 PM)Poodle Wrote: I bought half-decent coilies needing a refurb for £180, refurbed them for about £80. So that's £260, a half-decent shock and spring set will cost you more than that new...

Gone for just springs for now then I can develope it more over time. Hoping to get it all fitted for FCS. Need 266mm brakes and rear disk setup 
Thanks given by: