Help a Nathan today....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help a Nathan today....
(25-02-2015, 09:09 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(25-02-2015, 08:40 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Greenlight only take proper cars as well, not diesels...

I forgot you're 20 Nathan, I was only paying £800 a year on a Mk4 Golf GT TDi 130 at 20... Tongue

They might take it if you argue that it is the sporty diesel and it is modified and tuned etc.

Pretty sure they cover the Fiesta Zetec S TDCI.

Err... I had a Golf with a bigger turbo, intercooler, remap etc.. 'No sorry sir, not a performance car'. lol

Tried it with the HDi , DTurbo spec with remap, exhaust, etc and same problem.
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2015, 09:13 PM)Lita-Marie Wrote:
(25-02-2015, 09:09 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(25-02-2015, 09:02 PM)Lita-Marie Wrote: If u want it real cheap then insure one of ur folks and put u as a named driver.... That's what I used to do. U won't get any no claims that way tho.

Yeah, don't do that.. unless your parent is genuinely the main user.. Instead, I'd suggest get your no-claims by having the policy in your name and adding a parent or grandparent. 

I suppose it just depends what type of person u are and what u are willing to do......

This is true, I guess I was just warning Nathan that it could be illegal... If he's willing to take the risk of not being insured then I guess that's a possible option. 
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Just got you a comprehensive quote on your car with Liverpool Victoria for £1039, divided into monthly installments Nathan.

Based on a typical quote with age as 20, driving 2 years, 1 years NCB, living in Bristol (Hanham) and working as a Mechanic.
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2015, 09:02 PM)Lita-Marie Wrote: If u want it real cheap then insure one of ur folks and put u as a named driver.... That's what I used to do. U won't get any no claims that way tho.

Yeah, don't do that.. unless your parent is genuinely the main user.. Instead, I'd suggest get your no-claims by having the policy in your name and adding a parent or grandparent. 

I suppose it just depends what type of person u are and what u are willing to do......

You won't have cheap insurance, you will have no insurance. All you are then buying is having it registered as insured on the MID so it doesn't ping up and they don't catch you automatically.

If you have a crash and they suspect you were fronting they will pay out for the third party as they are legally obliged to, they won't give you any money for your car and then they will pursue you in court for the money for the other person's car and injuries etc. which can be expensive. You will then also find it almost impossible to obtain insurance in the future, even if you do it will be 1000s.

Also when you front and are involved in an incident which insurers have to spend a lot of time dealing with and a lot of legal action dealing with you are costing insurers a lot of money, and in turn you are part of the cause of insurance premiums being so high.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Thats a rip off! Seriously suggest having a look around!
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2015, 08:56 PM)Piggy Wrote: Greenlight are too expensive for me as they dont do anything under £300 a year!
Brentacre for the win!
Yeah likewise, wasn't worth me even calling them with their £300 minimum premium.

If your the sort of person that would like your car seized off you by the police and risk getting arrested and a conviction for fraud that'll put your insurance up for life and rule you out of alot of jobs the do the above.
Thanks given by:
£500 deposit and £211 a month at 19 on a 1.9 flat diesel haha
Thanks given by:
You guys really should add some older people as named drivers.

Its perfectly legal and they don't even have to drive the car. Its the biggest factor that reduces my premium, after car choice.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I may ring them and ask them why it's so much, and I used to be with Admiral but they refused to insure me because it's a modified car. I asked them how much extra it would be to add a 60mm drop to the policy and they said if you go past 40mm they won't insure me

Yeah I don't want to add anyone on my policy tbh would rather have it all in my name and get NCB. Only thing is if I find a cheaper policy I would have to pay to cancel it and pay a new deposit. By the time I've done that it would be similar to what's remaining on my policy
Thanks given by:
Tbf, it's your choice to do the mods that Admiral wont allow though... They've been fine for light mods with me, 40mm drop, exhaust, induction, visual changes etc.
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2015, 09:53 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Tbf, it's your choice to do the mods that Admiral wont allow though...  They've been fine for light mods with me, 40mm drop, exhaust, induction, visual changes etc.

Yeah but my car is way lower than 40mm haha and they wanted £50 extra because I sprayed my interior plastics. It's rediculouse
Thanks given by:
Not ridiculous, just raise it a bit lol... Sprayed interior plastics, meh, just don't do them. Bit of give and take can save you a lot of money.

Not having a go or anything though! Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2015, 10:01 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Not ridiculous, just raise it a bit lol...  Sprayed interior plastics, meh, just don't do them.  Bit of give and take can save you a lot of money.

Not having a go or anything though! Smile

Yeah it's a fair point but I have a 306 to modify not keep standard Big Grin Adrian Flux didn't charge me for spraying the plastics just my suspension and exhaust and so on 
Thanks given by:
Just buy a classic. Band F postcode, 27 year old, 10k miles a year, commuting included, £191 fully comp for a 3-litre Mercedes Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's fair enough and entirely your choice. Smile

And exactly what I did at 18 and ended up paying £2400 for a modded 1.4 306 before I realised it was ridiculous and could have much nicer cars for less if I was a bit tighter with the mods. lol
Thanks given by:
Strange why admiral are like that with you.. Ive always been with them. As i said with alfa 30mm drop, mapped to ~200bhp and it didnt make much of a differenve!
Thanks given by:
Greenlight were pretty good for me. £270, all in, with the lowering and exhaust declared on the Rallye.

I pay £376 to insure my V6 Mondeo Zetec-S AND the wife's Mini, both fully comp, with us both driving each others car.........multicar policy with Admiral.

I love being 37
Thanks given by:
Got my grandad and our lass (provisional) on mine. Helped a lot when I put the gf on! 309 grdt in June when I get my no claims so hopefully I can get it a lot cheaper than I'm paying now :p
Thanks given by:

That's called fronting and is most certainly illegal.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Indeed. A better way is to insure your folks on your policy. It's completely legal and quite sensible.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I would like to stay away from anything illegal haha. Just going to have to deal with the cost to be honest. Don't really want to get rid of the 306 to be honest, might insure the track car as a daily lol 
Thanks given by:
Did you catch my earlier post?

(25-02-2015, 09:18 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Just got you a comprehensive quote on your car with Liverpool Victoria for £1039, divided into monthly installments Nathan.

Based on a typical quote with age as 20, driving 2 years, 1 years NCB, living in Bristol (Hanham) and working as a Mechanic.
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2015, 12:58 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Did you catch my earlier post?

(25-02-2015, 09:18 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: Just got you a comprehensive quote on your car with Liverpool Victoria for £1039, divided into monthly installments Nathan.

That's awesome mate! Thanks for that Smile I'll have to check them out tomorrow 
Thanks given by:
I found it through Gocompare.com. See what you get offered and come back with your results. Perhaps there is some small discrepancy with your current policy.

Also, was it always this high? Insurance companies often up their price after a year, to test if you will just blindly accept it.
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2015, 01:34 AM)Pebbles167 Wrote: I found it through Gocompare.com. See what you get offered and come back with your results. Perhaps there is some small discrepancy with your current policy.

Also, was it always this high? Insurance companies often up their price after a year, to test if you will just blindly accept it.

Yeah only been driving since March and my standard 1.4 was £288 a month with Admiral. They were the cheapest. So when I got the DT I got a quote of £255 with admiral and that was the cheapest at the time. The only issue is I said it was standard because they wouldn't insure me if I dropped the suspension more than 40mm or did anything else. And it was already modified. 

So I rang flux a few months later and I said every mod I have done to the car and they came back to me with £266 a month all mods and a £300 deposit. 

I've had my licence almost a year now though so if I did a new quote I expext it will drop. I'll get a quote on go compare and report back Smile 
Thanks given by:
Just remember Nath if you cancel and move without actually completing a year you won't build any NCB! I'd just hate for you to find something 'slightly' cheaper now and move to start again with NCB. You'll find it'll drop with 1NCB, you'll be older and have held your license longer.

You're downfall currently is the fact you've not been driving long and have 0NCB. It's all well and good Pebbles quoting for you age 20, driving 2 years with 1ncb.... trouble is you're 20, been driving under a year and 0NCB... that's a HUGE difference in insurance terms
Thanks given by:
So just did a quote with the major mods declared and as honest as I can and its come back with this. Not much cheaper and that's when I've had my licence a year next month. Need to get my NCB which I won't get for ages :/

[attachment=21849]
Thanks given by:
Jesus that's mad :/ I swear it wasn't quite that bad a few years back. Most I ever paid for insurance was 1900 on the HDi when I was 18
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think even mine was cheaper than that at the same point, despite my premium usually being more than comparable ones on here.
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2015, 10:15 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Jesus that's mad :/ I swear it wasn't quite that bad a few years back. Most I ever paid for insurance was 1900 on the HDi when I was 18

It seems I get the most expensive insurance out of everyone I know even if they have had a license a similar amount of time to me. Must be the car :/ I did a quote on a E30 BMW and it came back at £1400 for my best quote. It's crazy

(26-02-2015, 10:17 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: I think even mine was cheaper than that at the same point, despite my premium usually being more than comparable ones on here.

Yeah I just don't know what I can do. Just have to deal with it untill August time when I get a years NCB
Thanks given by: