Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The difference
#1
OK so after denting my wing I have searched for a moonstone Wing,  I bought one and this is the difference between cabriolet and hard top the wing on left is mine, the wing on right is cabriolet the issue I have found is the bit missing from lower rear of wing, hence some bodgery until after Xmas when funds are available for new wing and paint

[Image: 20141212_174842_zpseqx2xymy.jpg]
#2
Oh wow. Didnt realise there was that much of a difference!
#3
Well, I never knew that!
#4
Didn't know that either but you can clearly see the difference.
#5
Nice bodge

Learn something new everyday Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
#6
A little bit of advise for everyone if your after a wing for your hatch or saloon don't by a convertable wing
#7
Maybe something to do with cabbies all having sideskirts? (if they even do)
#8
(13-12-2014, 08:51 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Maybe something to do with cabbies all having sideskirts? (if they even do)

I wouldn't have thought so. The side skirts go over the wings, and have notches out of them, instead of the wing.

My guess would be strengthening for the lack of roof deemed a change in wing design necessary.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#9
Was going to add that the side skirt would make no difference as i have hdi d turbo with skirts factory fitted, will attempt to fit the wing anyway just have to create a cap from the old wing until funds allow me to pick up a new wing and get it painted


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)