How do I turn my key..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I turn my key..
Funny title I know. But done abit of searching and couldn't really find anything.

Just been waiting in a car park to pick someone up, key worked fine as I had to switch ignition on a couple of times to turn interior light on. Just as I'm about to set off, the key won't turn. At all, the steering locks on and I can't take it off, it's not moving to any position and I've no idea why. Never done it before?

If it makes any difference, before I bought it the guy changed the ignition barrel. (Yes I was using the right key)

So atm my cars stuck, any ideas???

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Give the steering wheel a good ol wiggle while turning the key ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: Jimmy306uk
Tried that
Thanks given by:
Give it a good thwack of a wiggle

Sounds like sticky steering lock to me.

Failing that, got any wd40, stick some in the slot and on the key and slide it in and out to get the oil in the barrel.
Then it will come!

(so much innuendo!)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: Jimmy306uk
Hmm, I'll have to get some to take me back to car with a can of wd and lube it up then. Would giving it a good wack do anything? I ripped the cowling off in a little fit of rage. Like I said never happend before so i just ragged the death out of the steering wheel while turning key but nothing happend
Thanks given by:
Drill
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My old 205 did this I kept hitting the ignition barrel with a big hammer it freed off eventually, never put steering lock on after that lol

Thanks given by:
Wd did the trick! Sprayed a f*ck load in and kept ramming the key in and out and after about 10 mins it gave in Smile cheers!
Thanks given by:
Thought I'd mention the key didn't turn before the steering lock was on too, I thought putting it on would help haha
Thanks given by:
time to get a new barrel whilst the key still works in it, when they stop moving getting thdm out is a bloody faff.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
They easy enough to do? For someone who's pretty shit with cars
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 09:12 AM)Jimmy306uk Wrote: They easy enough to do? For someone who's pretty shit with cars

Normally pretty easy while the key works..

The hardest bit can be finding a torx screwdriver long enough to unscrew the cowl. 

Sometimes however the barrel just doesn't want to come out.

When the key stops working though, you're in for fun.
Thanks given by:
Glad its sorted Wink ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I smashed the cowling off last night from being abit peeved off haha, I noticed a plastic sleeve which came straight off of the barrel but didn't really look at how it comes off. Key worked fine this morning no wd, will have a quick gander tonight see how it comes out! Cheers lads

Also, anyone know if a 309 barrel would fit :p? Got access to one now that's all
Thanks given by:
make sure the hole in middle of key is clear too, surprisingly this stops them turning Wink
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 08:56 AM)welshpug Wrote: time to get a new barrel whilst the key still works in it, when they stop moving getting thdm out is a bloody faff.

This!

My brothers old 106 key would sometimes not come out, was a pita to remove and on some occasions we would just leave the car unlocked with the key in lol
Thanks given by:
Haven't changed barrels yet but hasn't occured again luckily haha. I've got a different key for the doors so if it comes to that I can always lock it
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 04:08 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: My brothers old 106 key would sometimes not come out, was a pita to remove and on some occasions we would just leave the car unlocked with the key in lol

I had a golf many years ago and the locks didn't work. Parked up in TS1 (boro) the dopy feckers forced the driver window to gain access to it.
Different breed of crim in boro. even more sandwich like than most.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine wont turn over, tried 2 batteries..HALP! thefastest1 21 8,020 31-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Last Post: thefastest1
  Clicking noise and now wont turn over HDIkyle 5 1,682 17-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  Car wont turn off Mike 11 2,962 12-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Ruan