FAO Dan!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAO Dan!
Is this any use mate? i went to the scrapyard, and rummaged through all the diesel bosch pumps, transits were useless, but a this pin strangely come off a mitsubishi pajero :|

[Image: 5KzRE.jpg]

[Image: 1vTZl.jpg]

[Image: 6VEHu.jpg]

And it next to a standard pin

[Image: d3Ly6.png]

Im thinking it maybe too short? how would it effect...?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
you know we have a PM function yeah? :p
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Fooby Wrote:you know we have a PM function yeah? :p

thought id publically post this as most people have access to scrapyards and could assist the community if these end up being useful - as im sure you know, these pins Dan! is grinding at the moment free of charge, anything to help him / anyone else, is going to be publically useful - AND WHEN IS THE NEXT CAR PARK RACE! that 6 is going dowwwwwwwn!
Thanks given by:
did the mitsubishi pajero have a bosch set up then?!

does that mean they are interchangable?
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Might be useable. The conical part and the bottom section are oddly shaped, but you could still grind a decent curve into it. Depends on its diameter and overall lenth tbh. Got a ruler? Tongue

Edit, fooby - its worth seeing if anybody else has any input, so leave it open Tongue

Edit again, Ben - yeah they do have Bosch, but I highly doubt they are interchangeable with XUD's
Thanks given by:
yeh, which measurements would you like?

and yeh ben, as do transits... and im going to assume, seeing as we've covered French, and Japanese engines, the bosch setup is probably a global option - but the type of bosch varies between cars/models/engine size and so on..

this is the same pump
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISHI-PA ... 3cc29c1b96
Thanks given by:
[attachment=0]

All of them, if you could? Big Grin

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:[attachment=0]

All of them, if you could? Big Grin

ok brb :geek:
Thanks given by:
fnx
Thanks given by:
a - 27mm measured from the bottom of white spacer.
b - 13.5mm
c - 5mm
d - 10mm

:geek:
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:yeh, which measurements would you like?

and yeh ben, as do transits... and im going to assume, seeing as we've covered French, and Japanese engines, the bosch setup is probably a global option - but the type of bosch varies between cars/models/engine size and so on..

this is the same pump
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISHI-PA ... 3cc29c1b96

They were also on the old VAG engines (for one the AAZ 1.9 IDI IIRC) but if i'm not mistaken the pump is useless to us as it rotates the opposite way but the LDA pin should be the same Wink

Also the transit ones are Bosch but because the transits are N/A instead of turbo charged they have an atmospheric compensator (for changes in atmospheric pressure) rather than a boost compensator like ours.
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Also the transit ones are Bosch but because the transits are N/A instead of turbo charged they have an atmospheric compensator (for changes in atmospheric pressure) rather than a boost compensator like ours.

as i found out - removing the cap was under a HUGE spring... would quite easily remove an eye if some rushed it. ouch!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:a - 27mm measured from the bottom of white spacer.
b - 13.5mm
c - 5mm
d - 10mm

Too thin Sad VE pins are 11.9mm wide, so it would fit in the hole, but wouldnt be snug - and it needs to be snug!

Cheers for the effort though mate Smile

Edit, oh and I got your pin back yesterday, cheers! :romance-inlove:
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:They were also on the old VAGaygay engines (for one the AAZ 1.9 IDI IIRC) but if i'm not mistaken the pump is useless to us as it rotates the opposite way but the LDA pin should be the same Wink

Not sure about the throttle rotating the other way, I thought the cable was just mounted on the rear of the throttle arm, not at the front? Probably wrong as im just going by internet photos lol
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:
ginge191 Wrote:a - 27mm measured from the bottom of white spacer.
b - 13.5mm
c - 5mm
d - 10mm

Too thin Sad VE pins are 11.9mm wide, so it would fit in the hole, but wouldnt be snug - and it needs to be snug!

Cheers for the effort though mate Smile

Edit, oh and I got your pin back yesterday, cheers! :romance-inlove:

no worries - was handy to know if these pins were transferable across bosch's.

might post on a pajero forum see if any of them want it before i chuck it Tongue
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:might post on a pajero forum see if any of them want it before i chuck it Tongue

Make a keyring out of it Tongue
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:They were also on the old VAGaygay engines (for one the AAZ 1.9 IDI IIRC) but if i'm not mistaken the pump is useless to us as it rotates the opposite way but the LDA pin should be the same Wink

Not sure about the throttle rotating the other way, I thought the cable was just mounted on the rear of the throttle arm, not at the front? Probably wrong as im just going by internet photos lol

No you have misunderstood me there, the internals and the pulley all rotate the opposite way (as in anti-clockwise vs our clockwise) not the throttle arm! that is the least of your problems lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:No you have misunderstood me there, the internals and the pulley all rotate the opposite way (as in anti-clockwise vs our clockwise) not the throttle arm! that is the least of your problems lol

Oh..... lmao

Its friday, my mind is elsewhere at the moment lol
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Oh..... lmao

Its friday, my mind is elsewhere at the moment lol

lol no worries, I obviously was clear as mud with my description as usual!

at least we are back on the same page now :dance:
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:lol no worries, I obviously was clear as mud with my description as usual!

:clap:
Thanks given by: